Nutrition for liver

KiHack

Nutrition for liver

dont kno if you can help but i will ask you anywya. i need to help my liver work better and am wondering waht foods could acheive this?

thanks

Re: Nutrition for liver

What's up with your liver KiHack? Also, are you on any medication or special diet at the moment?

no im not anything special but was told that my liver function is below the normal, i often feel slow and my doctor has suggest that the liver may be behind the cause of it all. im just looking for something which may give me a liver boost and help me to get back to 100%.

The liver produces bile, which is stored in the gallbladder and then released into the duodenum. Bile emulsifies fats into tiny droplets. The pancreas also releases digestive juices into the duodenum, which contain enzymes that further break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.

As well as giving you positive foods, you may be consuming certain foods in healthy negative quantities. May I suggest you write a food diary for five to seven days and post it so that David and I can take a look.

In the meantime KiHack:

Artichoke

Artichokes are traditionally used in European pharmaceutical remedies to help the liver, the gallbladder and digestion. Like other "bitter" vegetables, artichokes increase bile output and in studies they relieved liver-related gallbladder and abdominal discomfort.

Artichokes are a traditional diuretic though; inceasing the flow of urine so drink more water.

Out of curiosity KiHack, have you ever had problems with high blood pressure and/or blood sugar levels?

As well as the food diary, I'd be interested to know the results of any blood tests you have had.

i will look at a food diary but i am shamed it will be poor :embarrassed:

as for blood tests i wasnt told too much just that liver function was performing below the normal. nothing too specific although i might go back for more detail

Back