Nz Captaincy Wars

futureblackcap

Apparently, Coach Hesson asked Taylor to resign from the captaincy so that McCullum could take over. Taylor refused to resign and now there could be war in the camp. Should be interesting over the next few weeks and on the SA tour. The public census seems to be that Taylor should stay and I am undecided because I've always thought McCullum would make a good leader but Taylor averages over 50 as captain...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/8030383/Coach-Hesson-asked-Ross-Taylor-to-resign

Has Taylor actually been that bad? NZ aren't a strong side and I thought he'd been doing okay with the cattle he has had at his disposal. Seems to me that the coach is playing favourites.

Now that Taylor is unavailable it will be interesting to see the fallout from the recent spate of events.

I haven't seen much of them recently but a country like NZ can ill afford to lose a player of Taylor's quality.

Totally agree, its almost suicide by the team to let him go as he is one of their better players.

Agreed! Hopefully he's ONLY going to miss the SA series. NZ simply can't afford another great player to slip away like Astle, Fleming, Bond, Cairns etc. NZ cricket management has been a joke for a long time and will continue to be until everyone is sacked and they start over.

Agreed! Hopefully he's ONLY going to miss the SA series. NZ simply can't afford another great player to slip away like Astle, Fleming, Bond, Cairns etc. NZ cricket management has been a joke for a long time and will continue to be until everyone is sacked and they start over.

What annoys me is that NZ cricket has potential but the management seem to throw the potential away with silly decisions. It should be nurtured, not used as a toy by those in power.

What annoys me is that NZ cricket has potential but the management seem to throw the potential away with silly decisions. It should be nurtured, not used as a toy by those in power.

It's seriously frustrating...

Now for some good news...Ross Taylor is making his way back into the side for the England series.

Back