Off spin bowling

I

imported_Waleed

Off spin bowling

hi...I have just turned to off spin this season. Earlier i was a slow-medium bowler. This season we have played 3 games and i have taken 5 wickets so far. I would like to prepare for the European championship in august, which is a very big tournament for us. I have got some variations, such as, change of pace, bowling flat, bowling with flight, etc... I would like to learn the doosra now but i wont use it frequently, since I'm still improving my off-spin, but it can be a handy weapon to unsettel the batsman so can you guys tell me how do you ball the doosra? And all the variations which exists in off spin bowling. Thanx in advance :D

Re: Off spin bowling

every offspinner has a different version of a doosra there is no orthodox way of bowling it, saqlain mushtaq has a different doosra than say Harbajan and alex louden has a different doosra and even the new spinner in sri lanka has a unique doosra which he bowls by holding the ball with 1st and third finger with the 2 finger off the ball and then the 2nd finger flicks it. Just experiment with a ball, but remember you must bowl a doosra with a straight arm, try to find a different way to bowl it rather than your back of the hand facing the batsmen.

Back