Off spin bowling

straightbreaks

Off spin bowling

I'm a young off spin bowler that works very hard on my game.
I'm just trying to get tips on how to get more turn, how to hold the ball right, and how to get drift through the air.

Last year I took 40 wickets in 1st grade cricket in my local comp but I think I could do so much better in regards to spin, drift and rip.

Thanks look forward to your tips:)

Re: Off spin bowling

straightbreaks;267359 said:
I'm just trying to get tips on how to get more turn, how to hold the ball right, and how to get drift through the air.

Last year I took 40 wickets in 1st grade cricket in my local comp but I think I could do so much better in regards to spin, drift and rip.

its to late mate , you have to be born with a defect/bend in your arm and chuck it!!

Try a read of this one mate Micoach
If you took 40 wickets at First Grade maybe you should get a coach? It looks as though you have a bit of takent and a coach may be able to tailor to your needs by looking at your action fully.

straightbreaks;267359 said:

Can u post a bowling video of yours...
I will get it checked from my off spinner and then let u know about it.

Virender.

How is he banned after 1 post. ITSTL......

But on topic, you seem like you have potential. You need to work on your flight. A good way of doing this is putting a set of stumps short of a good length, and have another set of stumps behind where the batsmen would be. Take 10-20 balls and try to land them all in the gap between the stumps. Go and collect the balls and repeat. :)

Good luck, I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

My biggest problem is when trying to get flight its too full to spin before the batsman plays it and when I can spin it, its either pitching too short or too flat and gets spanked. The one ball I have got working quite well though is the arm ball, can be very effective

I can bowl a very economical off spin but when ever I take numerous wickets its usually quite expensive

Although I reckon if I could bowl to a team with alot of left handers I would do alright, I love em :D Probably 90% of my wickets the last couple of years have been lefties

I'm just trying to get tips on how to get more turn, how to hold the ball right, and how to get drift through the air
I used to be All-round spin bowler and i used to turn the bowl only with Index finger & Middle finger with quick arm rotation. I also used to Hold only the half part of the bowl with my wrist.
:)

Am I right in assuming you're a left handed finger spinner rather than the Right-handed wrist spinner that's bowling wrong un's? I need clarification - cos you could be saved?

Back