Off Spin Bowling

In a few of weeks i might try and get a better camera and closer view. He bowled one last night in a 5 over session we did out in the middle. He calls it his UFO.

The strangest thing about it is the bounce, no overspin yet it jumps up, but like a dead cat..

It's just a party trick as far as he is concerned and not part of his bowling plan for matches, At least I dont think it is!

Well if it works for Graeme Swann at international level then I feel that its worth persuing. Is he comfortable and confident enough to bowl this variation consistanly? If he is then I would suggest that he attempts it at least once against an opposition team. Just a thought...

Well if it works for Graeme Swann at international level then I feel that its worth persuing. Is he comfortable and confident enough to bowl this variation consistanly? If he is then I would suggest that he attempts it at least once against an opposition team. Just a thought...

He reckons he wants to try it out in a match before the end of this season.

Altie you know that Ravichandran Ashwin of India bowls in a highly similar fashion? Your doosra is essentially a carrom ball off the ring finger (his is off the middle finger), and the offspinner seems to be delivered in the same manner to Ashwin's stock ball. Do you by any chance bowl both these deliveries with the wrist cocked backwards?

Is that it for Swanne - consumed by his passion for celebrity, what with all that Sprinkler crap and his supposedly funny videos, as he taken his eye off the ball - is he now all washed up? Good to see Patel and Panesar out-bowling him that must really P*** him off.

Why the hatred? The guy has done nothing to you, save for make the most of his moment. More so, if he is in the limelight (and happy to be so) he is probably allowing those who are far from comfortable in the glare of fame to remain in the background.

As for being washed up - who knows but I doubt it. As all cricketers know, form can come and go. Look at Cook, two years he was an innings away from being dropped. Now he is probably the first name on the sheet. Swann will come good again and as an England fan I'll be happy for him. I guess you'll be annoyed as you seem to have an issue with him, even though I'm guessing you have never met him.

Why the hatred? The guy has done nothing to you, save for make the most of his moment. More so, if he is in the limelight (and happy to be so) he is probably allowing those who are far from comfortable in the glare of fame to remain in the background.

As for being washed up - who knows but I doubt it. As all cricketers know, form can come and go. Look at Cook, two years he was an innings away from being dropped. Now he is probably the first name on the sheet. Swann will come good again and as an England fan I'll be happy for him. I guess you'll be annoyed as you seem to have an issue with him, even though I'm guessing you have never met him.

Could be I'm being unreasonable, you're right, there's just things about him on a personal level that I pick up on the tele and from what he writes that makes me feel uncomfortable. Yeah when he's bowling well, he's good - the best, but personality wise- makes me feel uneasy. I guess you know him, or have at least met him - what's he like, from what I've seen of you on here you look like a bloke that might move around in amongst the higher echelons of English cricket, so you may be able to pit me straight?

Big fan of Swanny, between him and Vettori I have 2 bowling "idols" in the game, so to speak. I think it is a dip in form, we all have them, it's just taken Swanny longer than most (only in the long form, his short form game is still tremendous!)...

Swann looks like he is back in form now dont you reckon?

I still cant get over the revs Swann was getting hand to hand in that film clip where he also shows his 'flying saucer' ball.

I dont know if he has had that channel 9 rev counter gimmick put on his bowling yet but it wouldn't surprise me if he had the highest rev reading for an offbreak.

Swann looks like he is back in form now dont you reckon?

I still cant get over the revs Swann was getting hand to hand in that film clip where he also shows his 'flying saucer' ball.

I dont know if he has had that channel 9 rev counter gimmick put on his bowling yet but it wouldn't surprise me if he had the highest rev reading for an offbreak.

Waiting for it to come on the tele, doesn't start till 10.00 and it's just before nine here now.

Back