Official APS Side HOT off the Press , some surprises!!

Re: Official APS Side HOT off the Press , some surprises!!

stingwilba;341007 said:
have you followed st kevins at all this year. spence has made 20odd in first and only 2 games. so fairly harsh on him. you have no clue what your talking about. st kevins have probably one of the best bowling attacks in the APS. bowling scotch out for 75ish, having MGS 6 or 7/80, bowling wesley for 100. just struggled a bit with the bat this year.

cool your jets big fella. you had mgs 4/80, 5/100 chasin 102, and libba got 3 with his left arm orthos, and he didnt bowl at all this year. so that leaves 2 wickets. hmmm, yep, must be a gun bowling attack

dishies;341325 said:
cool your jets big fella. you had mgs 4/80, 5/100 chasin 102, and libba got 3 with his left arm orthos, and he didnt bowl at all this year. so that leaves 2 wickets. hmmm, yep, must be a gun bowling attack

yeh i probably got a bit excited. was watching from the sidelines. but still if we had of posted a decent score MGS would have been in a bit of trouble. well yes a gun bowling attack considering Libba dismissed Keath, Morris and forgot his name but he was on 40odd at the time and he hadnt bowled in about 5 years. just shows the depth. ahhaha

stingwilba;341334 said:
yeh i probably got a bit excited. was watching from the sidelines. but still if we had of posted a decent score MGS would have been in a bit of trouble. well yes a gun bowling attack considering Libba dismissed Keath, Morris and forgot his name but he was on 40odd at the time and he hadnt bowled in about 5 years. just shows the depth. ahhaha

Libba dismissed keath (caught at first slip), Trotter and Jenkins.
Stingwilba needs to get his facts straight, if he isn't sure of anything, maybe he shouldn't say it.

dishies;341321 said:
i think you have a fair point in consistency, because clancey had a ripping season last year, a solid one this year and i think has been rewarded for CONSISTENT performances. sorry mate, i cant say your xav side is a brilliant side, cause it isnt at all, its solid. so curto rewarded for good seasons over time, and i think thats fair. as for sam obryan, probably deserved it, didnt get picked, such is life. not the first time its happened, not the last time it will either, who cares, this is being made out to be a bigger deal than it is. while you skevs boys hang rubbish on the selections, you might want to look closer to home and realise that your school was one of the 3 with Scotch and xavs who picked the team, so if you want to blame anyone, blame your school who didnt pick him

Xavs is a brilliant side, 1 point currently behind the reigning premiers, and a good shot at it tomorrow.

FioraDud;341323 said:
Do we all agree Matt Parker is the unluckiest bloke going around? Takin a stack of wickets, made a decent amount of runs and captained carey to a respectable position. Was voted by most (by his peers on Bigcricket) as a suitable captain for such a team, but wasn't considered in the best 14 cricketers in the APS.

Capitulation disaster

Should be in for curtain

teamorale491;341344 said:
Libba dismissed keath (caught at first slip), Trotter and Jenkins.
Stingwilba needs to get his facts straight, if he isn't sure of anything, maybe he shouldn't say it.

yeh apologies. but im sure youll agree they are 3 decent batsman.

solo_kid;341346 said:
Xavs is a brilliant side, 1 point currently behind the reigning premiers, and a good shot at it tomorrow.

make sure you really get your point across, we wouldnt know how magnificient xavier really are without you. tool

TheStraighter1;340416 said:
Interesting to see that a bloke who makes two hundreds doesnt make the team (O'Bryan - Skevs) over a Curtain who didnt make a hundred all season. Im not too sure Gotch and O'Sullivan were expected to make the team, not exactly dominating the competition. Parker who has been mentioned on this site to be captain, bit stiff on not making the team after taking 24 wickets so far and a few handy 30s in the middle order. Also Lloyd Everett emergency??? Very interesting the team.

Pretty obvious that Parker is TheStraighter1...get over yourself mate, stop trying to drum up sympathy for your non-selection in the APS team. "Parker who has been mentioned on this site to be captain"...some captain. Where did you finish again? 6th? No one cares about your biased opinions. Very apt alias by the way. Who would've guessed it'd be you?

Tycoon;342004 said:
Pretty obvious that Parker is TheStraighter1...get over yourself mate, stop trying to drum up sympathy for your non-selection in the APS team. "Parker who has been mentioned on this site to be captain"...some captain. Where did you finish again? 6th? No one cares about your biased opinions. Very apt alias by the way. Who would've guessed it'd be you?

Coming from a bloke who plays 4ths at fitzroy doncaster and goes out with meg lanning. sweet dude.

TheStraighter1;342153 said:
Coming from a bloke who plays 4ths at fitzroy doncaster and goes out with meg lanning. sweet dude.

coming from a gimp who battles to turn the ball and is clearly shattered that he didnt make the aps team so he blows his own trumpet on bigcricket

how can you respect a school like carey when their captain is having a cry about not getting picked for a rep team than winning the premiership?

teamorale is not getting involved in a heated debate such as this, however:

Parker should have made the APS side, so he is allowed to say so. If he shouldn't have made it then i would agree its arrogant to blow his own trumpet - but the fact is he should hav made it.

Parker how can you expect to get a game then ahead of Bett, Graham and Ryan? As if they'd go into the game with four spinners.

to be honest, not making the APS team is the least of my problems. I was not the one on this site saying that "parker should be captain". Many people were saying this and I was quite shocked as I knew that it would be hard to even make the team with Bett and Graham having quality years with both bat and ball. To say that I'm having a cry about not making the team and losing the premiership is totally wrong. I simply stated that some people might be suprised about who did and who didnt make the team. Making the APS team is definitely not the be all and end all. But... for considine who come onto this site a yr after departing the scenes and say who shld and shldnt have made it is ridiculous. Consi, you better than anyone else pumped your own tires up on bigcricket when u were leading the troops at xavs last year.

TheStraighter1;342359 said:
to be honest, not making the APS team is the least of my problems. I was not the one on this site saying that "parker should be captain". Many people were saying this and I was quite shocked as I knew that it would be hard to even make the team with Bett and Graham having quality years with both bat and ball. To say that I'm having a cry about not making the team and losing the premiership is totally wrong. I simply stated that some people might be suprised about who did and who didnt make the team. Making the APS team is definitely not the be all and end all. But... for considine who come onto this site a yr after departing the scenes and say who shld and shldnt have made it is ridiculous. Consi, you better than anyone else pumped your own tires up on bigcricket when u were leading the troops at xavs last year.

Yeah well said, pretty sad for a bloke who finished last year to be on this site having a go at Parker.

middle_and_off;341095 said:
conway is awful behindthe stumps....he dropped the ball when up at the pegs on so many occasions...he let through a batmans score worth of byes and i could name plenty of keepers that would be better keeping up than him

as for curtain.....how can u make a ton when the umpire gives u out for hitting ur pad...explain that...

you talk alot of shit mate, dont you. conway is the quickest keeper i have seen in the aps. keeps up to most bowlers and gets his fair share of stumpings and makes run outs look easy. His batting ability continues to grow and will be the leading run scorer in the aps nest year. the calling is somewhat loud but offputting for other teams and his sledgeing is some of the best i have seen.

Most the people writing about him are from xaiver cause he ****ed them up when fielding on the boundary on 11-1. i was at mid on laughing my head off cause he was making them look so small.
And considering i play footy with him. i wouldnt be saying to much either, if you played for them in rd 2.

TheStraighter1;342359 said:
to be honest, not making the APS team is the least of my problems. I was not the one on this site saying that "parker should be captain". Many people were saying this and I was quite shocked as I knew that it would be hard to even make the team with Bett and Graham having quality years with both bat and ball. To say that I'm having a cry about not making the team and losing the premiership is totally wrong. I simply stated that some people might be suprised about who did and who didnt make the team. Making the APS team is definitely not the be all and end all. But... for considine who come onto this site a yr after departing the scenes and say who shld and shldnt have made it is ridiculous. Consi, you better than anyone else pumped your own tires wellup on bigcricket when u were leading the troops at xavs last year.
well I'll agree with Parker solely on the fact I played soccer with him at ashy

Back