Official APS Side HOT off the Press , some surprises!!

Re: Official APS Side HOT off the Press , some surprises!!

stingwilba;341006 said:
your kidding yourself batting clance at 11. should EASILY bat ahead of hannan and coleman. made some of the gutsiest innings this year. a couple of not outs against xavier to aviod outright, 40odd against scotch, 30odd against MGS. Not to mention one of the greatest 6's down the ground against xavier. so have another think about your order. clancey should be batting at least 9.

ALSO no clue about conway. some of the quickest glove work you will ever see. keeping up to clancey on occasions. And to say sammy doesnt deserve a spot, doesnt matter what team you play in, a ton is a ton. how many tons did curtain make this year. none. he played agaist brighton and he played against caulfield so explain how sam was able to ton up and he wasnt. pathetic judgment on a great batsman.

clancey shouldnt bat ahead of coleman, coleman has made several scores this year including a 60 and was looking soild against xavier (best attack in aps) before he 'threw it away'

stingwilba;341006 said:
your kidding yourself batting clance at 11. should EASILY bat ahead of hannan and coleman. made some of the gutsiest innings this year. a couple of not outs against xavier to aviod outright, 40odd against scotch, 30odd against MGS. Not to mention one of the greatest 6's down the ground against xavier. so have another think about your order. clancey should be batting at least 9.

ALSO no clue about conway. some of the quickest glove work you will ever see. keeping up to clancey on occasions. And to say sammy doesnt deserve a spot, doesnt matter what team you play in, a ton is a ton. how many tons did curtain make this year. none. he played agaist brighton and he played against caulfield so explain how sam was able to ton up and he wasnt. pathetic judgment on a great batsman.
seeing as though xavier played caulfield in a one-dayer and they were only chasing 140, it seems pretty hard for curtain to ton up and as for brighton, xavier declared at 3-100 so clearly curtain couldnt ton up there

stingwilba;341006 said:

plus obryan is hack and thats enough said

Acer;341022 said:
seeing as though xavier played caulfield in a one-dayer and they were only chasing 140, it seems pretty hard for curtain to ton up and as for brighton, xavier declared at 3-100 so clearly curtain couldnt ton up there

point taken but for someone to say that sammy with 2 tons and a 70 doesnt deserve a spot is kidding themselves.

stingwilba;341007 said:
have you followed st kevins at all this year. spence has made 20odd in first and only 2 games. so fairly harsh on him. you have no clue what your talking about. st kevins have probably one of the best bowling attacks in the APS. bowling scotch out for 75ish, having MGS 6 or 7/80, bowling wesley for 100. just struggled a bit with the bat this year.

hahah
what about xavier?
theyve taken 20 wickets on 2 occasions, 19 on one and this week theyre going to do it again
rolled brighton (many peoples pick to finish high next year) for 41

you say they 'just struggled with the bat this year'........ they will continue to do so
second-rate cricket culture you got down there

Acer;341023 said:
plus obryan is hack and thats enough said

sorry i dont know who this is but i highly doubt you have made even nearly as many runs as him this season. thats if you play. and if you have then you would know its not easy. runs are runs. doesnt matter how they come. theres no point arguing. 2 TONS and a 70 doesnt get you a gig. very unlucky

stingwilba;341006 said:

curtain over 400 runs in yr 11 and a truckload this year as well

consistency over a 2-3 year period mate..........curtain is in the top 2-3 most talented batsmen in the aps and is being rewarded so dont say he doesnt deserve it

Out. of the rough;341025 said:
hahah
what about xavier?
theyve taken 20 wickets on 2 occasions, 19 on one and this week theyre going to do it again
rolled brighton (many peoples pick to finish high next year) for 41

you say they 'just struggled with the bat this year'........ they will continue to do so
second-rate cricket culture you got down there

xavier have taken 20 wickets on 2 occasions because they have been supported by thier batsman. you wouldnt turn down any of of SKC's top 5 bowlers.
1. Clancey
2. Stafford
3. Cowan
4. Moore
5. Jones

Out. of the rough;341027 said:

consistency over a 2-3 year period mate..........curtain is in the top 2-3 most talented batsmen in the aps and is being rewarded so dont say he doesnt deserve it

hey i played agaist curtain. without a doubt the best batsman ive seen. i was happy every ball he didnt hit me for four. but im saying on statistics sam deserves a spot. got to agree with that.

Out. of the rough;341027 said:

Curtain definately deserves his spot, he was the first person i had in the team, but as stingwilba said O'Bryan very unlucky to miss out. Not sure about their stats, i'd be happy to be shut down if somebody does, but no matter what is said about what rep teams he's playing for Keith in my opinion doesn't deserve a game after the aps season he's had.

Also what's Gotch's stats for the year? Does he deserve his spot?

teamorale491;340455 said:
well done to those boys, pretty good team id say. good to see they picked clancey he dserved it and i reckon a couple of the xavier lads are slightly lucky - anyway there will always be contreversey.

so the batting order will be:?
1.Bett (vc)
2.Ryan
3.Graham
4.Mcmillan (c)
5.Loohrum (wk)
6. O'sullivan (you could swap him and ryan possibly)
7. Gotch
8.Curtain
9. Clancey
10.Voyage
11. Hannan

who do you reckon are the slighty lucky xavs???

stingwilba;341006 said:

conway is awful behindthe stumps....he dropped the ball when up at the pegs on so many occasions...he let through a batmans score worth of byes and i could name plenty of keepers that would be better keeping up than him

as for curtain.....how can u make a ton when the umpire gives u out for hitting ur pad...explain that...

middle_and_off;341095 said:
conway is awful behindthe stumps....he dropped the ball when up at the pegs on so many occasions...he let through a batmans score worth of byes and i could name plenty of keepers that would be better keeping up than him

as for curtain.....how can u make a ton when the umpire gives u out for hitting ur pad...explain that...

what game are you judging conway on? because i cant remember a game where he let through more than 5 or so byes. most of them being because he is keeping up to genuinely quick bowlers like cowan. and also getting stumpings off moore on multiple occasions. getting 6 in one game.
im not saying curtain doesnt deserve to be in the team. he definitely does. and maybe if he hadve actually hit the ball there wouldnt have been any reason for him to be given out.

Well its a bit hard if i may so myself, for Curtain to make genuine runs when Xavier have batted first twice all year, and we have consistently bowled teams out for around 150.

I would like to know how many times Curtain has gone out for the good of the team, because thats what he is a team player, chasing an outright.

Not out against Geelong Grammar 37 not out, a ton was prett much set in stone for him, 70 odd not out vs haileybury, the same applies. A dodgy decision vs Carey in which was oblivious, not to mention another one on the weekend.

Coming off a 400 run season last year, i do not think anyone has the right to justify his position in the team. Because chances are, he is ten times the player you are.

400 runs LAST YEAR mate, said so yourself. He could be 100 times better than any player in that team, but on stats this year, others should be in. Simple as

So near 900 runs in 3 seasons doesnt give him an opportunity to represent the APS?

I disagree, i couldnt give a **** who has made more runs than him, he has dominated opposition attacks, and has had a lack of opportunities to make genuine runs, the only lapse of being in a brilliant side. Obviously the selectors took this into account and rewarded him with something he should have had last year anyway.

So your saying you would rather O'Hack (Bryan) from Skevs who may have made two hundreds, rather than a player as good as, and classy as Curtain?

You have to be kidding yourselves seriously.

The Cheese Grater;341293 said:
400 runs LAST YEAR mate, said so yourself. He could be 100 times better than any player in that team, but on stats this year, others should be in. Simple as

if you weren't so ignorant you would realise that part of the criteria for selection in the side is past seasons...curtains consistency and class is undoubted and if you don't agree that over 900 runs in 3 seasons, in one of the top 2 sides, isnt enough to warrant selection then your a flog

solo_kid;341298 said:
So near 900 runs in 3 seasons doesnt give him an opportunity to represent the APS?

I disagree, i couldnt give a **** who has made more runs than him, he has dominated opposition attacks, and has had a lack of opportunities to make genuine runs, the only lapse of being in a brilliant side. Obviously the selectors took this into account and rewarded him with something he should have had last year anyway.

So your saying you would rather O'Hack (Bryan) from Skevs who may have made two hundreds, rather than a player as good as, and classy as Curtain?

You have to be kidding yourselves seriously.

i think you have a fair point in consistency, because clancey had a ripping season last year, a solid one this year and i think has been rewarded for CONSISTENT performances. sorry mate, i cant say your xav side is a brilliant side, cause it isnt at all, its solid. so curto rewarded for good seasons over time, and i think thats fair. as for sam obryan, probably deserved it, didnt get picked, such is life. not the first time its happened, not the last time it will either, who cares, this is being made out to be a bigger deal than it is. while you skevs boys hang rubbish on the selections, you might want to look closer to home and realise that your school was one of the 3 with Scotch and xavs who picked the team, so if you want to blame anyone, blame your school who didnt pick him

Do we all agree Matt Parker is the unluckiest bloke going around? Takin a stack of wickets, made a decent amount of runs and captained carey to a respectable position. Was voted by most (by his peers on Bigcricket) as a suitable captain for such a team, but wasn't considered in the best 14 cricketers in the APS.

Capitulation disaster

Back