Open verdict in Woolmer inquest

mas cambios

Open verdict in Woolmer inquest

A Jamaican inquest into the death of Bob Woolmer has failed to determine what killed the Pakistan cricket coach.

Mr Woolmer, 58, died after being found unconscious in his hotel room in March, after his team's early World Cup exit.

The inquest was expected to deliver a definite conclusion but, after hearing evidence for five weeks, the 11-man jury handed down an open verdict.

They found insufficient evidence of either a criminal act or of a death by natural causes.

Coroner Patrick Murphy, who presided over the inquiry, said the cause of death would now be left up to the Caribbean country's chief prosecutor.

He added that another inquest was not possible.

From the BBC

Well, there you have it, no answer either way and probably not much chance of the truth ever emerging.

Was it murder, was it natural or something else entirely? All we do know is that it seems like the enquiry may have been compromised from the start and that we're left with a mystery.

Re: Open verdict in Woolmer inquest

i dont know much about this its confusing me. first they said it was a murder then they claimed he died naturally. i think it was a murder from what i have read. if it isnt then their report which i read was completely false.

They probably just don't have a clue. As soon as the body was cremated that was the end of the investigation for me. By then they would of had either enough or been convinced there wasn't enough clues. Its probably best for his family to think he died naturally.

Who knows, I certainly don't and to be honest, I don't think any of the police do either.

The only one who knows the absolute truth isn't going to talk so we just have to go with the open verdict.

it seems to me that the whole investigation was a joke. i find it hard to believe that he died of natural causes.

Back