Pace Bowling Form help

Custard_Pie

Pace Bowling Form help

Hi Im a Right arm quickish bowler
i've started the first four games of the season with
6/23, 5/36, 1/20 and 6/19
mainly being able to swing it both ways
since then ive only picked up another 5 wickets in 6 bowling innings
any tips on how to get out of a bad form patch?

Re: Pace Bowling Form help

Run up rhythm is vitally important and so many [little] things can disrupt this. Is there any chance of you posting a video?

The first thing to remember is that dips in form happen and not to get too worked up over it. Are you actually bowling badly or just being unlucky? Sometimes luck is going to be against you and it's a case of working hard to turn it around and in your favour.

You say that you've lost a little bit of 'rhythm' in your run up, are you sure about this? Has anyone watched you or commented on this? Also, how do you feel that you've lost this rhythm? Not reaching the crease, overstepping or stuttering etc? As Liz has posted, there are a lot of things that can affect the run-up, so try to work out what exactly it is that's bothering you.

Going on the information we have at the moment, I would say that the easiest answer is to simply try and bowl your way out of it (providing you're fit and not carrying any inury). Work on the basics, looking for good areas, ideally aiming to hit the top of off stump, with a consistent line and length (no point in trying to mix it up too much until you're feeling more confident).

If you have access to a coach then get him to spot you, just in case there are things in your action that can be tweaked or improved.

Also, back yourself to take wickets and as I said at the start don't be too hard on yourself if it's not happening. I have the feeling that some of the problem is mental, in that you had one or two games without wickets and know you're getting concerned by it, don't be, there are more ways to contribute to the team than by only taking wickets.

mas cambios;315656 said:
The first thing to remember is that dips in form happen and not to get too worked up over it. Are you actually bowling badly or just being unlucky? Sometimes luck is going to be against you and it's a case of working hard to turn it around and in your favour.

You say that you've lost a little bit of 'rhythm' in your run up, are you sure about this? Has anyone watched you or commented on this? Also, how do you feel that you've lost this rhythm? Not reaching the crease, overstepping or stuttering etc? As Liz has posted, there are a lot of things that can affect the run-up, so try to work out what exactly it is that's bothering you.

Going on the information we have at the moment, I would say that the easiest answer is to simply try and bowl your way out of it (providing you're fit and not carrying any inury). Work on the basics, looking for good areas, ideally aiming to hit the top of off stump, with a consistent line and length (no point in trying to mix it up too much until you're feeling more confident).

If you have access to a coach then get him to spot you, just in case there are things in your action that can be tweaked or improved.

Also, back yourself to take wickets and as I said at the start don't be too hard on yourself if it's not happening. I have the feeling that some of the problem is mental, in that you had one or two games without wickets and know you're getting concerned by it, don't be, there are more ways to contribute to the team than by only taking wickets.

thanks

Back