Pakistan want forfeited Test to be overturned

khan nasir

Pakistan want forfeited Test to be overturned

This is a good thing, should never have been forfeited in the first place. If the umpires want to defame my home country then we have the right to defend ourselves.

This should also mean that we won't have to pay England any money in compensator, they were in on in as well most surely.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has asked the ICC to change the result of the Oval Test against England, played in August 2006, which was officially awarded as a forfeit to England.

A senior board official confirmed to Cricinfo that the ICC cricket committee will consider an application from Pakistan in which they want the result of the Oval test overturned at their next meeting. The official said that Pakistan made the application last year and wanted the result declared abandoned or drawn

Re: Pakistan want forfeited Test to be overturned

If they get this in their favour then its time to quit the icc and make a new cricket federation. Launching an appeal into something so long ago and something so blately obvious is stupid and damaging for the game. The team refused to play so they forfeited the match. No more no less.

Yeah, it's the time passed since the incident that makes this somewhat unnecessary. If it had been in the months following the match, perhaps, there could have been use for a hearing, but waiting for almost a year and a half after a match to call for a hearing is just impractical.

I can understand some of the delay being down to getting any legal action out of the way but really they should let it lie.

Ok, it doesn't look great but the world moves on and even after this short amount of time it's little more than a footnote in the history of cricket.

Lol the forfiet was quite right, if a team refuses to play what else can you do? You can't just walk out 45 minutes after play was meant to recommence and expect to play again.

Not only did they forfeit the game but they also ruined part of the spectators day. I struggle to comprehend how they refused to play yet an umpire gets the sack and fans lose out. They should have had severe punishments for what they did and not have got off so lightly. Again the ICC caving in.

I agree with you completely Timed Out. The Pakistan team should have been punished, at least in some way, to set an example to other teams. With Pakistan getting off the hook, it suggests to me that even as the highest cricketing power, the ICC doesnt really have a lot of control of the game

How can we be punished? We did nothing wrong, you can't accuse people of cheating with no proof. The game was ruined by the umpires.

It was a conspiracy and still is. The ICC is anti India and Pakistan.

I never accused you or the Pakistani team of cheating, or anyone else for that matter. I was reffering to the forfeiting of the match. I merely want the team to be punished, even with something as simple as a fine, so as to discourage other teams from forfeiting a match when they think an umpiring decision is wrong, imagine if that happened in the Sydney Test, this is just a hypothetical, no offence meant, but all hell would have broken loose

whats the point asking for this now?? the result of the game cant be changed no matter what happened.

In a football match is a harsh redcard is given teams dont walk out of games. There is a correct protocol for things like this and the team should have continued the game and complained at the end of the days play. The fact they were losing the match at the stage makes me wonder if they would have gone off if circumstances were different. If they were accused of cheating and on the brink of winning would they have left the field? Ofcourse not.

ICC should disregard it and tell the PCB just because India are in the headline they dont need to compete for press coverage.

Guys, lets be realistic here. The Sub-continent countries have at their will the power to harass the ICC into any decision they feel to give them the upper hand. This unfortunately is the way the Sub-Con countries exist. This whole drama was all about an umpire making a call on the game and then the team objecting to it. As we all know, the umpires run the game and without them, there would be no game.

So, Pakistan and their followers, accept the governing bodies decision in the first place and get on with the game. This incident was very sour in the first place and now it is beng dragged up again and cricket is being put in the same bag as football.

Until all countries are represented in the ICC, a form of parliament things will be arse. The election of certain people will involve a certain bias towards a region.

I do get the feeling that they are trying to piggy back this off the whole India\Australia mess.

Luckily, Pakistan don't quite have the same power as India so I don't see it going anywhere.

Very true. It's a shame that the governing body is soo weak. With illegal actions that are demeed to be Ok and the power that Money buys is wrong. I hope for crickets sake the structure of the ICC is changed and perhaps after reading part of Duncan Fletchers book, the ICC might recruit him...

Back