Plastic Balls For Practice

Lets see... I'm younger than you, fitter than you, stronger than you, have longer levers and stronger fingers than you, have a stronger, more dynamic bowling action, and as a result I have always had a reputation for generating huge spin ever since I was a teenager (consistency of length has always been my issue) but I've been bowling spin at a good level for 20 years, and have taken over 1000 wickets.

Whereas you're a 40 year old bloke who has been bowling spin for 3 years, and still bowl the ball into the side netting.

Lets also remember: you're the one making the outrageous claim that I "gave up trying to spin the ball", so its up to you to prove you spin the ball harder than I do. Why don't you post some videos of your bowling? We might be able to send them in to You've Been Framed.

I believe that generating spin is really about technique first and foremost... not how big and strong you are.

I may well post some videos sometime, but it is you who is throwing around the word 'guarantee' SLA. There is clearly no 'guaranteeing' anything unless it can be verified.

I believe that generating spin is really about technique first and foremost... not how big and strong you are.

I may well post some videos sometime, but it is you who is throwing around the word 'guarantee' SLA. There is clearly no 'guaranteeing' anything unless it can be verified.

You believe all sorts of dumb things, don't you? It's like talking to a religious fundamentalist. Are you a flat earther by any chance?

You believe all sorts of dumb things, don't you? It's like talking to a religious fundamentalist. Are you a flat earther by any chance?
You are seriously claiming that spin bowling is absolutely about how big and strong you are? That isn't even a rule for fast bowling.

I buy 6 of these 'Upfront ' balls every Autumn, they are match weight and size 5.1/2 oz compacted rubber with a similar bounce to leather. Great for practising on concrete and indoor. The seams usually wear out after some heavy abuse, but last me the whole off-season.

I've tried every sort of rubber and plastic ball and this is the only one (to me) that feels similar to the real thing.
'Upfront' do them in red or red/white which I use for checking seam position in flight.

View attachment 466
Update on these balls!
I bought six, and three have started splitting already. Maybe I just had a bad batch, the last few years these have been great, but am now looking for alternatives.

Back