Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Without knowing too much it looks like they're not made of the good old fashioned stuff. little brother has been shown the door and Andy has been crying every day since. His mates and family must be so proud!!

Without knowing too much it looks like they're not made of the good old fashioned stuff. little brother has been shown the door and Andy has been crying every day since. His mates and family must be so proud!!

Without knowing anything about it, if what you're saying is true, then I think that his family would be proud. His loyalty is to his brother not the club and he's supporting him. You can't begrudge a guy for that.

Sorry. Sooked up and left because he was replaced as captain. Would be different if he went to captain coach again. When they played us he carried on crying to the umpires all day.

Last edited:
Sorry. Sooked up and left because he was replaced as captain. Would be different if he went to captain coach again. When they played us he carried on crying to the umpires all day.
Andy Villani is one of the nicest blokes going around and a person who has been at Plenty since under 12, for him to move says more about Plenty and the direction they are taking. Also Frank I think your a flog. Can't remember a positive post from you in the past few years, obviously you've been wronged somewhere.

Yes, I am a flog and he probably is a good bloke, just call it as I see it bloke. I'd love to hear from someone at plenty for their side of the story. All I'm trying to say is it's a bit rich to leave the club in such a mess when they've had a big hand in where they are at. It's wrong and selfish no matter how you spin it. It's a bit different if Steve left for another job but I don't think he has. How did it go down premiers again. Give it to us as it happened.

This is my opinion and not necessarily the view of the club.

I am in no way bagging Andy Villani as a bloke. Yes he is one of the nicest blokes I've ever been involved with in sport or any walk of life. However to lose two Plenty people in this manner really hurts.

Sometimes things don't go your way in life, and I guess I might be different but yes instead of cracking the shits and basically sooking up and walking out on the club when we are are such a young club and need as much experience going forward I would take my medicine and get the club out of the shit. And the statistics don't lie we finished second last and were relegated and the club decided to go with a non playing coach as a consequence. It shows great character in my opinion to swallow your pride and front up and work your arse off and show the people who didn't go with you what they missed out on....

we are under no illusions that the rebuild of our playing group is not going to be an easy build, however we are a successful club and will get back to where we belong with hard work.

This is my opinion and not necessarily the view of the club.

I am in no way bagging Andy Villani as a bloke. Yes he is one of the nicest blokes I've ever been involved with in sport or any walk of life. However to lose two Plenty people in this manner really hurts.

Sometimes things don't go your way in life, and I guess I might be different but yes instead of cracking the shits and basically sooking up and walking out on the club when we are are such a young club and need as much experience going forward I would take my medicine and get the club out of the shit. And the statistics don't lie we finished second last and were relegated and the club decided to go with a non playing coach as a consequence. It shows great character in my opinion to swallow your pride and front up and work your arse off and show the people who didn't go with you what they missed out on....

we are under no illusions that the rebuild of our playing group is not going to be an easy build, however we are a successful club and will get back to where we belong with hard work.
Without Bagging him ? You just have!
Played every game away and couldn't train at you own ground, a pretty difficult ask of any team and captain/coach I would've thought. As for successful club, I wouldn't regard a club with 3 senior teams and closer to 2 as a successful club regardless of A grade premierships. A successful club attracts people and grows it's numbers not make decisions that drive out born and bred plenty people. Just my opinion.

We are both flogs draught!
Honestly, I'd be surprised if Andy is still getting a game by the time Steve has served his time. Might end up being like mark and Steve Waugh. Hilarious!

Last edited:
Without Bagging him ? You just have!
Played every game away and couldn't train at you own ground, a pretty difficult ask of any team and captain/coach I would've thought. As for successful club, I wouldn't regard a club with 3 senior teams and closer to 2 as a successful club regardless of A grade premierships. A successful club attracts people and grows it's numbers not make decisions that drive out born and bred plenty people. Just my opinion.
We are a successful club... We have never been a huge club in terms number of sides and never will be. Our on field success is a given with the amount of premierships the club has won. We have had a number of kids over a long period of time play turf cricket. I'm not going to go on and on about the club as a whole but that's my view on it anyway...

As I said Andy is a fantastic person who I hope one day will return to the club. But as i said I am disappointed that he has left and he has his reasons which I don't agree with. As I said me personally I'm different I wouldn't walk out on my club when times have gotten tough but each to their own

Riverside are becoming a franchise. Nearly half their side will be from outside and not home grown. How the times have changed.

I understand you're frustrated PremiersAgain, that's completely understandable. I would be too with the relegation and the loss of vital players. Especially homegrown talent. Reality is, he's left the club for one of two reasons, to either support his brother in his sacking as coach (Or whatever you want to call it), or to continue playing in a side with his brother, who happens to leave. He's not just jumping a sinking ship. And that to me is a very fair reason. He's given pretty good service to your club, and I don't think players general "owe" clubs anything. It would suck as I said, but best of luck to him.

I understand you're frustrated PremiersAgain, that's completely understandable. I would be too with the relegation and the loss of vital players. Especially homegrown talent. Reality is, he's left the club for one of two reasons, to either support his brother in his sacking as coach (Or whatever you want to call it), or to continue playing in a side with his brother, who happens to leave. He's not just jumping a sinking ship. And that to me is a very fair reason. He's given pretty good service to your club, and I don't think players general "owe" clubs anything. It would suck as I said, but best of luck to him.
I don't completely disagree with your opinion. As i said, personally walking out on my club when times are tough is not how I would have done things no matter what the circumstances.

But we are all different, so each to their own.

Back