Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Tongs

Silly season is upon us, with plenty of rumours of who is going where. So I thought I would start up a thread for just that!

I don't mind a bit of banter, but if you have something 100% CONFIRMED, it would be good if you could state it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Burra's new coach appointed thoughts?
From the President, Andy Twist -

SENIOR COACH APPOINTMENT

It is my very great pleasure to announce the appointment of our new Senior Coach and A Grade Captain for the coming 2016/2017 Season. Please join me in welcoming Trent Wellington to the Club.
Trent comes to us with a wealth of experience at Barclay Shield level having played for most of his career at Diamond Creek and additional seasons with Plenty and Riverside.
Trent also played 5 games for Mill Park last year and was the difference between the two sides when we played Mill Park in Round 10, scoring 58 runs at number 8 and taking 2/24 off his 12 overs. Mill Park won by 5 runs.
Trent has chosen to come to Greensborough as he believes in what we are trying to achieve. He has been very impressed with our Junior Program and the work that we are doing to build the Club through our Juniors and to grow the club from within. He is extremely excited about the opportunity and can't wait to meet everyone and sink his teeth into his new role. I am confident that Trent will bring an elite level of preparation to our young group as we set our sights on winning the Mash Shield!
This terrific appointment allows us to approach the new season with plenty of preparation and we are making a stamp on the competition by declaring our intent early. We are making huge strides in our rebuild and we are well on our way in our charge back to the top!

GO BURRA!!!!!

I have been informed that the Lloyd Mash to Diamond Creek rumour, is exactly that. A rumour, and will not be happening.

SENIOR COACH APPOINTMENT

It is my very great pleasure to announce the appointment of our new Senior Coach and A Grade Captain for the coming 2016/2017 Season. Please join me in welcoming Trent Wellington to the Club.
Trent comes to us with a wealth of experience at Barclay Shield level having played for most of his career at Diamond Creek and additional seasons with Plenty and Riverside.
Trent also played 5 games for Mill Park last year and was the difference between the two sides when we played Mill Park in Round 10, scoring 58 runs at number 8 and taking 2/24 off his 12 overs. Mill Park won by 5 runs.
Trent has chosen to come to Greensborough as he believes in what we are trying to achieve. He has been very impressed with our Junior Program and the work that we are doing to build the Club through our Juniors and to grow the club from within. He is extremely excited about the opportunity and can't wait to meet everyone and sink his teeth into his new role. I am confident that Trent will bring an elite level of preparation to our young group as we set our sights on winning the Mash Shield!
This terrific appointment allows us to approach the new season with plenty of preparation and we are making a stamp on the competition by declaring our intent early. We are making huge strides in our rebuild and we are well on our way in our charge back to the top!

GO BURRA!!!!!

Don't forget Bundoora cc, I'll give him till xmas before he gets suspended or walks out and makes it club no.6 in dvca

SENIOR COACH APPOINTMENT

GO BURRA!!!!!
May as well sign Snowy up as well then.

Pull up. One was found guilty, one had all charges dropped. So let's not go down this path.

Great news for him that all of his crap is behind him off field, that would have been hell no doubt, and what I'll say next has nothing to do with that side of things whatsoever.

Unfortunately, if you speak to anyone at any of the clubs he has played at, I don't think you'll hear many nice words about the bloke.

For me, it's not a great appointment by Greensborough, but the proof will be in the pudding so I'll reserve any further judgement or comments about him until then.

For his, and their, sakes, I hope he proves everyone wrong.

I know you hate this subject Tongs, but can you tell the forum what Skips is up to next year?

Going around again or is he up to something different next season?

Great news for him that all of his crap is behind him off field, that would have been hell no doubt, and what I'll say next has nothing to do with that side of things whatsoever.

Exactly, well said. I am not sticking up for him because we are mates or anything like that, I don't have his phone number, never played with him, and not friends with him on FB or anything like that. I just don't think its fair to hang a bloke when he's now had all charges dropped. Don't rate him as a cricketer? Fine, he's a big boy he wouldn't mind that. Lets just leave all the other crap out. (Not aimed at you Cricketbox)

I know you hate this subject Tongs, but can you tell the forum what Skips is up to next year?

Going around again or is he up to something different next season?

Hahaha it was only a matter of time.

I don't mind talking about it, its just the usual rubbish of "Mark Minney to play at X for $XXXXXX" that gets a little boring. Surely people can come up with something slightly humorous for a change?

I believe that he will be running around for another season with Eltham.

I don't think there will be a lot of movement this year. Surely most clubs pissed away their cash last year because of the reshuffle.

So chalk Diamond Creek down for another flag?

You blokes have Perera back don't you?

Might as well.

I haven't heard anything about Perera. I'm pretty sure the bloke we had from the UK year before last was keen for another hit with us. All I hope is that whoever comes out for us, they're better than the two guys we had this season. If all goes well, we should get 2-3 guys back from injury and holidays too and they'll play in the 1's.

Back