Players to watch / step up for 09/10

Players to watch / step up for 09/10

I know it is early, but I thought it would be a good chance for people to nominate a few players who they think will be good to watch, will step up or need to step up for season 2009/10 within the GCA/BPCA.

Re: Players to watch / step up for 09/10

fineleg2fineleg;351655 said:
I know it is early, but I thought it would be a good chance for people to nominate a few players who they think will be good to watch, will step up or need to step up for season 2009/10 within the GCA/BPCA.

Koliba- Will make a statement early on.

Lindsay- have a massive year for city and take them to the finals

I can only talk about my own club at this stage but keep an eye on young Matt Baker at St Peters. 16yo last year and nailed down the openers position including 2 x 50's. Still under 17s. Hayden Illingworth and Dylan Brasier also two other young guns on the way up. Charlie Lamb back in the fold also and as fit as ever should also be one to watch.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;351695 said:
Koliba- Will make a statement early on.

Lindsay- have a massive year for city and take them to the finals

Well we could all state the obvious but gives me a tingle when the 'HORNET' strides out to play. Maybe a bit of Rioli from Hawthorn this season . . . In the words of the Great Bruce . . .

B.Haunstein - DELICOUS :D

A.Ferrguson - Interesting

A.Cairns - Debut

R.Kiddle - Experience

D.Koliba - Due

G.Harper - Steam Train

Just to name a few, this season will be stronger and harder cricket with a range of new players coming from areas outside of Geelong and whispers of some big moves within the GCA. It is only making the association stronger, but unfortunately that some really good players are playing in area that is well below there Par.

instead of throwing around the usual names like above has done...

Hodgy to establish himself as one of the best bats in the comp
Newtown had a few young players go through there ones this year, be nice to see them improve (ie Jai Sheahan, Darcy Delrio)
Have to have more of a think closer to the start of the season for some more

justin miller, will have more byes, leg byes, arm byes, head byes, face byes, arse byes, elbow byes and edges over slips off his bowling than any other bowler in the history of cricket. playing on smaller grounds and people shitting their pants whilst waving a stick around for protection like stevie wonder on a shopping spree will not help his stats one single bit. he will also be the first man in GCA history to officially get a wicket from shit out of the batsmans arse knocking the bails off. do every one a favour GCA and put St albans in Div 2 ya dumb pack of uselss muppetts.

chris bambury will be out for revenge after last years devastating finish. becker nguyen to step up another level and make consistent scores.

crktluva;351798 said:
chris bambury will be out for revenge after last years devastating finish. becker nguyen to step up another level and make consistent scores.

pretty sure beckers playing for geelong.

Watching Closely;351712 said:
Well we could all state the obvious but gives me a tingle when the 'HORNET' strides out to play. Maybe a bit of Rioli from Hawthorn this season . . . In the words of the Great Bruce . . .

B.Haunstein - DELICOUS :D

A.Ferrguson - Interesting

A.Cairns - Debut

R.Kiddle - Experience

D.Koliba - Due

G.Harper - Steam Train

Just to name a few, this season will be stronger and harder cricket with a range of new players coming from areas outside of Geelong and whispers of some big moves within the GCA. It is only making the association stronger, but unfortunately that some really good players are playing in area that is well below there Par.

From Melbourne Uni?

crktluva;351797 said:
justin miller, will have more byes, leg byes, arm byes, head byes, face byes, arse byes, elbow byes and edges over slips off his bowling than any other bowler in the history of cricket. playing on smaller grounds and people shitting their pants whilst waving a stick around for protection like stevie wonder on a shopping spree will not help his stats one single bit. he will also be the first man in GCA history to officially get a wicket from shit out of the batsmans arse knocking the bails off. do every one a favour GCA and put St albans in Div 2 ya dumb pack of uselss muppetts.

will boof biemens just let millsys bouncer hit him in the head like he does to everyone elses ??

daniel_son_91;351847 said:
will boof biemens just let millsys bouncer hit him in the head like he does to everyone elses ??

I don't think we'll get a chance to play against Boof this year, I'm pretty sure he's staying at Wallington.

After seeing Muzza hit him in the head last year and the ball flying off for 4 I doubt he'd don a helmet for anyone:D

fineleg2fineleg;351655 said:

thommy rissole to sledge more blokes and to throw more bats in geelong :D

ants14;351740 said:
instead of throwing around the usual names like above has done...

Hodgy to establish himself as one of the best bats in the comp
Newtown had a few young players go through there ones this year, be nice to see them improve (ie Jai Sheahan, Darcy Delrio)
Have to have more of a think closer to the start of the season for some more

Jai Schmidt if he pulls his finger out and Andrew Ross for South Barwon

Knowa;352164 said:
Jai Schmidt if he pulls his finger out and Andrew Ross for South Barwon

Is Rossy's old man the one that played with victoria many years ago ??
Andrew will be a really good bowler if he continues the way he went this year i couldnt beleive how well he kept his pace over 12-14-16 over spells. and didnt crack the wobblies when one of his last overs before innings close went for 14 or 16 with one massive 6 in it, he ended up getting another wicket to close the innings. he will do big things this year

Watching Closely;352311 said:
Signed with Bell Post Hill last week. So i have heard.

If that's true, that is a very big transfer for BPH. Top player.

daniel_son_91;351847 said:

not possible, there in different leagues ya muppet. millsy div 3 and boofa in BPCA.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;351850 said:
I don't think we'll get a chance to play against Boof this year, I'm pretty sure he's staying at Wallington.

After seeing Muzza hit him in the head last year and the ball flying off for 4 I doubt he'd don a helmet for anyone:D

hahaha, what a pisser it was too, knocked his cap off like a cartoon character getting shot at by elmer fudd. but he would do it again for 4 runs, and ya right, he wont wear a helmet for anyone.:D

Back