Players to watch / step up for 09/10

Re: Players to watch / step up for 09/10

Andrew Ross from south barwon: left armer who will only get quicker and better
Andrew Furguson from north geelong: A natural born cricketer who will destroy bowling attacks
Morland from bph: bowls heat according to ty watts and we all know ty doesnt lie
anthony armstead:is all class/to win the jack sing medal

dads army;353421 said:
Andrew Furguson from north geelong: A natural born cricketer who will destroy bowling attacks
Morland from bph: bowls heat according to ty watts and we all know ty doesnt lie

very funy...who are you?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;353804 said:
Mitch Hodgson for us could have a decent year.

told me about 6 weeks ago hes going over to thommy,
dunno if he still is but yeah

Just a handful of the youngsters in Division 2 at the moment who I have seen.

Alex Hickey: one of the many young kids out Murghe way who are going to be very good might progress from potential players to steady performers.
Ryan Parkinson: Leg-spinner from Highton has a lot of promise.
Jye Kenna: from North Shore will score heavily against mediocre attacks, has a very good eye.
Jake Dubbeldam: a Marshall youngster who may benefit from an extended run in the 1sts.
Matt Baker: couple of handy starts for the St Peters opener, and should cement a spot at the top of the order.

cow-corner;353812 said:

I think he was leaving before Millsy gave him a call, last I heard he was staying 100% that was a few weeks ago, unless something has changed since I'd assume he's playing with us.

thommy_rissole;353821 said:
Just a handful of the youngsters in Division 2 at the moment who I have seen.

Alex Hickey: one of the many young kids out Murghe way who are going to be very good might progress from potential players to steady performers.
Ryan Parkinson: Leg-spinner from Highton has a lot of promise.
Jye Kenna: from North Shore will score heavily against mediocre attacks, has a very good eye.
Jake Dubbeldam: a Marshall youngster who may benefit from an extended run in the 1sts.
Matt Baker: couple of handy starts for the St Peters opener, and should cement a spot at the top of the order.

will hightons new spinner take ryan parkins spot???:eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;353823 said:
I think he was leaving before Millsy gave him a call, last I heard he was staying 100% that was a few weeks ago, unless something has changed since I'd assume he's playing with us.

That is also my understanding of things.

cow-corner;353812 said:

i wouldnt think we would keep clearing the young guys.... now we r in g.c.a im pretty sure he has to play 20 senior games for the club.

know all;353844 said:
i wouldnt think we would keep clearing the young guys.... now we r in g.c.a im pretty sure he has to play 20 senior games for the club.

I wonder how that works because in reality no St Alban's player has played a game yet in the GCA so does that mean the players would not need to get a GCA clearance and just a Barwon Zone clearance from going from the BCA to GCA. As soon as St Alban's/Breakwater play their first game in the GCA then they would be GCA players and GCA clearance rules ?? Not that it maters as I do not think many players would be wanting to jump ship as their club pushes for regular turf cricket in a season's time.

gca_ipl;353874 said:
Does that mean the players would not need to get a GCA clearance and just a Barwon Zone clearance from going from the BCA to GCA. As soon as St Alban's/Breakwater play their first game in the GCA then they would be GCA players and GCA clearance rules ??

In the past, the clearance rules of the "to" Association have generally applied once the club has transferred thru the Barwon Region. I think SABCC would be regarded as a GCA club from the GCA AGM onwards. In any case, Barwon Region clearances are now more or less non-existent as there are only 2 participating Associations - GCA and BPCA - and both use MyCricket for clearance processing under similar clearance regulations.

So I guess the section in the GCA rule book about Barwon Region clearances is pretty much redundant. Not that there was much of a system for BCR clearances even when they applied to all GCA/GCDA/GCCA/BPCA/SDCA/LCA inter-Association transfers.

fineleg2fineleg;351655 said:
I know it is early, but I thought it would be a good chance for people to nominate a few players who they think will be good to watch, will step up or need to step up for season 2009/10 within the GCA/BPCA.

young Ash Mcdonald will be one to watch this year bowls handy right arm pace and has be playing first grade cricket at Queenscliff for a few years now and will really step up this year

The Couta;354846 said:
young Ash Mcdonald will be one to watch this year bowls handy right arm pace and has be playing first grade cricket at Queenscliff for a few years now and will really step up this year

Yep, sure he will. All with the guidance of the other crafty pace bowler Gump:rolleyes:

Stuie Calder to have a big year for the Supersaints. Has already lost 20kg since the end of last season. Steamin in at trainin again, lets just hope we have seen the last of the three quater length, grey trackies.

Knowa;352164 said:
Jai Schmidt if he pulls his finger out and Andrew Ross for South Barwon

Jai Schmidt probably wont even play let alone pull his finger out. A. Ross could be a gun. Is improving heaps each game. Impressive kid who can move it both ways.

dads army;353421 said:

What happened to Moreland last year? Ty had big wraps on him a couple years ago- said he was as quick as Harper i think. But he barely played last year? Injury?

Second XI At Best;354911 said:
Jai Schmidt probably wont even play let alone pull his finger out. A. Ross could be a gun. Is improving heaps each game. Impressive kid who can move it both ways.

Why isn't Jai going to play at SBCC this year. Has he been in hospital with leather poisoning from footy?

Second XI At Best;354912 said:
What happened to Moreland last year? Ty had big wraps on him a couple years ago- said he was as quick as Harper i think. But he barely played last year? Injury?
Played 3s due to work commitments im pretty sure.. he played against us in the 3s and didnt do alot

Back