Players to watch / step up for 09/10

Re: Players to watch / step up for 09/10

Will be interested to see jed potter ( ex corio fast bowler ) throw em down on the hard wicket for barrabool this year as well as new coach and ex torquay club champion ben strachan ,

cant recall potter bowling!!!!! bats ok when eye in...anyways if murghe blood the youngsters should be interesting...dixon keeper /batsman, hyland is ready to make an impact,hickey should be good, fair mix out that way....i believe theyve lost nut haberfield also....

Nutter terrorising the good folk of Shepparton this season following a work transfer, but will make the odd guest appearance for the Frogs.

Look here;368091 said:
Nutter terrorising the good folk of Shepparton this season following a work transfer, but will make the odd guest appearance for the Frogs.

can you play in 2 different leagues without penalising them!!!!! he would be in 2s as a guest!!!!!!kill someone

bigmacimhungry;368148 said:
can you play in 2 different leagues without penalising them!!!!! he would be in 2s as a guest!!!!!!kill someone

Yes you can, provided the other comp is outside the Barwon Cricket Region (GCA, BPCA, Colac). Not sure which team he'd play in - probably depends on how the side is travelling. He'd have been handy today - one that the Frogs let slip when well placed, and needed someone like Nutter to crash thru NDSC for a wicket or two seeing Ben Nichols wasn't playing.

Look here;368274 said:
Yes you can, provided the other comp is outside the Barwon Cricket Region (GCA, BPCA, Colac). Not sure which team he'd play in - probably depends on how the side is travelling. He'd have been handy today - one that the Frogs let slip when well placed, and needed someone like Nutter to crash thru NDSC for a wicket or two seeing Ben Nichols wasn't playing.

Were you at the same game that I played in. Murgy 191 off 50 overs on a good track, ya openers got a real touch up by Adam Lucas, a few blows on the ribs. Not enough runs. NDCC were in complete control with the bat chasing down this score and won by 4 wickets with 3 1/2 overs to spare. you were out played by a better team.

Lees bowls good medium pace but sprayed the ball around and the pick of ya bowlers was your young kid (JNR)

Bisset should have bowled earlier and batted higher.

I don't know when you think you were well placed, maybe at the toss of the coin.:rolleyes:
It was a good game of cricket played in good spirits.

Hard Hitter;368321 said:
Not enough runs. NDCC were in complete control with the bat chasing down this score and won by 4 wickets with 3 1/2 overs to spare. you were out played by a better team.

I don't know when you think you were well placed, maybe at the toss of the coin. It was a good game of cricket played in good spirits.

Agreed Murghe was outplayed, no argument from me there. I thought the Frogs were well placed when NDSC was 3/49, but the Evans/Harrison 4th wicket partnership was the key, and Murghe proved to be a bowler short by being unable to break it. That's why (a few posts back) I said Nutter (or another frontline bowler) would've been handy.

Great feel around Newcomb on saturday after the 1sts & 2nds both won, first time thats happened for a while. where the Advertiser placed us finishing 9th i thought was very unfair. was great to see all the young guys make contributions in our higher grades.

Dougy Edwards playing his first game in geelong took 2 for 17
Tim Woollard 3 for 30
Andrew Webb played his first game with the gloves and kept well.
Ryan Smith did the same in the 2nds, dropped a catch but kept well.
Jason Robertson playing his first game in newcomb colours hit the winning runs and finished 9* aswell as bowling Grodzanovski middle stump.
i hope they can all keep it up for the remainder of the year.

daniel_son_91;368522 said:
Great feel around Newcomb on saturday after the 1sts & 2nds both won, first time thats happened for a while. where the Advertiser placed us finishing 9th i thought was very unfair. was great to see all the young guys make contributions in our higher grades.

Tim Woollard 3 for 30
Jason Robertson playing his first game in newcomb colours hit the winning runs and finished 9* aswell as bowling Grodzanovski middle stump.

not to mention a blitzing 58 from d. whitworth :D:rolleyes:

daniel_son_91;368522 said:
1sts & 2nds both won, first time thats happened for a while. where the Advertiser placed us finishing 9th i thought was very unfair. was great to see all the young guys make contributions in our higher grades.

Tim Woollard 3 for 30

Yeah the atmosphere down at Newcomb was one of huge relief after putting in immense effort during preseason and it certainly paid off....Advertiser tipping them coming ninth was a bit harsh...and viewing the start NDCC have presented in round 1...im sure the tipsters will be doubting themselves....NDCC have a strong emphasis on the rising of the juniours into seniour players and majority of juniours played remarkably as Daniel_Son has stated.....PLAYERS TO WATCH ALL GRADES : 1's ..Jason Harrison , Robbie Evans , Adam Lucas. 2's...Daniel Whitworth , Dougie Edwards 3's Stewie Thompson 4's Adam Williams

Carn Dinos

Hard Hitter;368321 said:
Were you at the same game that I played in. Murgy 191 off 50 overs on a good track, ya openers got a real touch up by Adam Lucas, a few blows on the ribs. Not enough runs. NDCC were in complete control with the bat chasing down this score and won by 4 wickets with 3 1/2 overs to spare. you were out played by a better team.

Lees bowls good medium pace but sprayed the ball around and the pick of ya bowlers was your young kid (JNR)

Bisset should have bowled earlier and batted higher.

I don't know when you think you were well placed, maybe at the toss of the coin.:rolleyes:
It was a good game of cricket played in good spirits.

suprised murgh batted out the overs!!!!!with the tame bowling attack must post 230 to be any threat,wheres nichols, hayes !!!!!!!!might have been the difference!!!!is b watson the bowler, capt? if yes jeeez they are short!!!!kids mustve went ok though,dixon 28!

bigmacimhungry;369041 said:
suprised murgh batted out the overs!!!!!with the tame bowling attack must post 230 to be any threat,wheres nichols, hayes !!!!!!!!might have been the difference!!!!is b watson the bowler, capt? if yes jeeez they are short!!!!kids mustve went ok though,dixon 28!

Yes I thought ALL the kids on both sides performed very well. :) Yes NDCC ground was very fast and a good track so 230+ you would have thought have been minimum score. No point going on about who could have, should have played. If they play later on in the year we will look forward to it. Most of us have played against bowlers 2 or 3 yards quicker than these guys, well nichols anyway, wouldn't put Hayes in the fast bracket, he is another medium pacer which is most of the league.
Look forward to the contest though, as this game was played in good spirits.

cheer_cheer;353874 said:
I wonder how that works because in reality no St Alban's player has played a game yet in the GCA so does that mean the players would not need to get a GCA clearance and just a Barwon Zone clearance from going from the BCA to GCA. As soon as St Alban's/Breakwater play their first game in the GCA then they would be GCA players and GCA clearance rules ?? Not that it maters as I do not think many players would be wanting to jump ship as their club pushes for regular turf cricket in a season's time.

stalbans has been told they can use the 25 game rule to keep players but would b frowned upon if we used this loophole to keep a player. i dont think the club would ever hold anyone if they wanted to leave, but i think its a joke for the pennant commitee to make this comment when they admit there is a loophole in their rules.

Back