Playing Leg Spin

shahidpak

There are a lot of threads in which we talk about bowling leg spin. In this thread lets talk about facing leg spin. Have you ever faced leg spin and if you have, has it been easier for you, if you are a leg spinner ? How should a batsman play leg spin ?

Yes I've faced a few leggies before. I'm a left handed batsman, at the sight of finger spinners I lick my lips but leggies keep me tied down most of the time. Just because I bowl leg spin myself doesn't make me a better batsman against spin, it just helps me understand what they're doing much better. For example there isn't a single spinner that I've faced in my entire life that has a variation which I can't pick.

You should play leg spin without premeditating (one of the biggest mistakes you can make) and pick everything as soon as possible through the air. Also, if your a right hander, PLAY FOR TURN if you see it's a leg break. Unlike the geniuses at my club who just swipe on the left side of the ball (from their view) to the leg side. You should play with your bat on the right side of the ball and the pad close to the bat, and if you want a leg side boundary do the same! That way you can tonk leggies around the park like Hansie Cronje and Sachin Tendulkar murdered Shane Warne:)

Back