Please Analysis and Comment On My Bowling

freddiw

Please Analysis and Comment On My Bowling

Two Videos of me bowling all comments welcome

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1235kc5.flv
http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1236ip8.flv

I am looking to get more dip into my action. I get good turn and accuracy although could improve both. I work hard and train ALL THE TIME in the nets (at least 20 hours a week Bowling)

My dip is the issue and i need to get better so i can really drag the batsmen out and beat him.

Any tips welcome please post. I bowl LEFT ARM FINGER SPIN

Re: Me Bowling

Links dont work as i dont think you posted the whole code in. Repost the full link and im sure you'll get some help :).

Re: Please Analysis and Comment On My Bowling

nah, i could see it, although i cant help as im not an expert on spin and its workings

Yeah I couldn't see it yesterday but I can see it today.

Is that how you would always run up and bowl? You should have a follow through normally, even when bowling spin. And maybe a bit more drive in your run up but it is hard to tell from that.

But what do I know, I can't even get my finger spin to turn :laugh:

The vids are working now, so I's sure some advice will be forthcoming.

From my first look it seems that you have a decent action and a solid base to work from. I'll have a few more views then see what I can offer advice wise.

Also, I see that you have some other video's on planet cricket - can you stick them up here as well?

While I think about it, the key to dip is to be able to bowl a very fast spinning top spinner.

The more rotations on the ball the more downward pressure is created, which causes the ball to dip.

Work on really giving the ball a rip - yes it'll probably hurt at first but the harder you can rip it, the more it will turn.

It may also be useful to buy a couple of red\white or red\yellow training balls to help you identify the spin.

With regards to your action, you may want to slow it down slightly, give yourself more control and allow for greater variety in flight and loop.

cant see the ball man
ur style looks alright though
well actually u cant really judge someones style beacuse everyones is different
as long as ur taking wickets then ur style doesnt matter
maybe get a video that shows the ball all the way down the pitch

Judging from the above given videos;I would like to advice a few points:
1) Feel the grip of the ball.See which sort of grip u r comfortablewith either a tight grip or a loose grip.
2) Mark Ur run-up properly and stick to it.It is very important for a spinner to get his run-up marked as it helps during his bowling.Once Ur comfortable to the length of run-up;your bowling can happen easily.
I have my bowling run-up similarly to Shane Warne.Slow and easy;Ample time to watch the feet movements of the batsmen.
3) Keep Ur head still while bowling.Your non-bowling arm should not come in Ur vision and distrub Ur concentration.U need to watch the batsmen till the point of release.
4) U have a good height and long arms to Ur bowling advantage.While jumping to release;try to keep the distance between the feet's at a lesser length.It will help u in getting more bounce of the wicket.
5) When releasing the ball;try to bring the bowling arm close to Ur head.The arm looks away from the head.
6) Use Ur shoulders to release the ball alongwith the fingers;u will be able to bowl the armer very effectively.
7) Direction of the right leg toe is important.While bowling Left Arm Orthodox;Ur toe should point towards the slip end.
8) Try to bowl more of Side-on bowling action.Currently;if observed closely looks more of a front-on action.After releasing the ball Ur body should have the complete follow through as well.
20 Hrs a week bowling is good for you.But alongwith bowling: Fitness is also a key aspect.As Ur batting at number 4-6 as well.
Read the above mentioned points carefully and revert back if u have any doubts.
Left arm spin bowling is a very rare breed but an effective one(I am sure the other left armer's will agree :D).So follow Ur fitness regime regularly.
When u start out in the nets;practice with less pace initially and concentrate more on the line and length marking a good length spot.When u r feeling confident and in Ur comfort zone;then just go for the full pace and see the difference.
When starting initially;get some of Ur friends or fellow spinners on the batting end to play front foot defensive shots so u can judge Ur bowling spot.
All the Best :D

thanks a heap, i am working on fitness and will deffinatly work on these things today

will report how it goes thanks

I've not got much time at the moment to type up a detailed response, but one thing which is evidant is that your action is "loose," i'd argue a bit too loose, but i'd need to see more of you to see if i was wrong or right, actually, i'd need to see a season-long report of how you've done.

Now its probably your natural action, but trying to tighten it up may help your achievements.

Back