Pressure Play: The Sixes.

Simbazz

Pressure Play: The Sixes.

Ok, end of session, you're all up for a slog-a-thon, the 20/20 is two days away, your bummed, why not have a game of "The Sixes."

Basically, you elect one bowler, who bowls every ball, and the rest of your batsmen take it in turns to clear the ropes for 6, if they dont, they're out. It whittles down to 2 people, the winner gets bragging rights for a week. :)

It has a lot of fun purposes but it also enhances your hitting in pressurized situations, i mean, bragging rights is a lot! To gain it, it takes skill! Another skill it'll enhance is learning how to middle a shot, or fluke a six, both are valuable in 20/20! I mean, i've learnt how to fluke many a shot with a six, im a master at the top-edge sweep shot six :D

Give it a go!

Re: Pressure Play; The Sixes.

Interesting. Would be hard to clear the ropes of every ball though. Maybe having two chances would be a better idea. Though I am more of a blocker kind of person so maybe this isn't my thing.

Yeah, really good to develop offensive skills.
This nifty little drill could even be played at the beginning of the training session, so as to get warmed up and also have fun :)

Thats a pretty good idea. Would definately help batsmen who dont feel comfortable trying to hit big in a game.

Re: Pressure Play: The Sixes.

wow this is really fun. i tried it as a fun game for the evening with a few other friends and enjoyed it a lot. we each were allowed to play minimum 15 balls and tried to slog it out of the park after 15 if you miss your gone. managed to hit 7 over the ropes. i must say that it also helps you to focus on getting the yorkers in. the batsmen are trying to hit you every ball so its challenging as a bowler too. i got hit for 4 but still enjoyed it.

Back