Racism In Cricket

duo

Is there any updates about the news in the advertiser regarding Becker and Lara?

I suppose the umpire waits till the end of the game before doing anything.

If proven (ie. If the umpire backs up the statements), what sort to punishment would you expect from the association.

Is there any updates about the news in the advertiser regarding Becker and Lara?

I suppose the umpire waits till the end of the game before doing anything.

If proven (ie. If the umpire backs up the statements), what sort to punishment would you expect from the association.

It's sad that some harmless sledging in cricket is misconstrued as racism. Is sledging dead in our game?

I hear that the words used were targeted at his weight and not his ethnicity. If i had a dollar for everytime my weight was mentioned on a cricket field, then i would be a very rich man. Maybe it's a sign that Becker is too young and immature to be a captain, seeing he can't cop a little sledge even though he was dishing out more than he copped.

I also hear that the umpire was unaware of the comments until after the game, when Leopold approached him. He did not actually hear the comment on the field, which will put him in an interesting situation come this saturday night.

Also hear the GCA aren't too happy with Leopold for going straight to the papers rather than coming to them about the issue first.

It's sad that some harmless sledging in cricket is misconstrued as racism. Is sledging dead in our game?

I hear that the words used were targeted at his weight and not his ethnicity. If i had a dollar for everytime my weight was mentioned on a cricket field, then i would be a very rich man. Maybe it's a sign that Becker is too young and immature to be a captain, seeing he can't cop a little sledge even though he was dishing out more than he copped.

I also hear that the umpire was unaware of the comments until after the game, when Leopold approached him. He did not actually hear the comment on the field, which will put him in an interesting situation come this saturday night.

Also hear the GCA aren't too happy with Leopold for going straight to the papers rather than coming to them about the issue first.

the comment wasnt about his weight it was about his race but in saying that what was said wasnt that bad.....hear worse things come out of kids mouths

the comment wasnt about his weight it was about his race but in saying that what was said wasnt that bad.....hear worse things come out of kids mouths

I would say it was more about his weight than race. Would telling an aussie to "go eat another pie you fat c**t" be considered racist? I dont think so. Don't know what you have heard was said, but not racist in my opinion.

On the issue of the Racism allegations that arose from the Leopold vs Lara GCA Div. 1 Clash. I have personally heard what comments were exchanged between the players during the forementioned game. Lets just say that the Lara player in question who is alledged to have made the racist comments, had in a sense said them in a very racial and derogatrive manner. Also, to add a little more juice to the situation, the Lara player in question is supposedly, supposed to be a upstanding member of the public who dresses in blue(little hypocritical seeing as he should be setting an example). The GCA who ended up handling this situation, should be ashamed and embarrassed at the way this situation fizzed out. It seems the GCA doesn't have the balls to stand up and convict these type of players who, as far I know are repeat offenders who, time and time again have got away with this type of behavior on the field. I have a sly idea why this is so; Is the GCA too afraid to convict players who in their day job have a higher authority than the general public because of fear of the repercussions? Me thinks so! I do believe sledging is a part of the game and by all means have no problems with it. But there is a line; Family and racism are two of them! Unlucky for the Leopold player in question as justice wasn't served.

The GCA who ended up handling this situation, should be ashamed and embarrassed at the way this situation fizzed out. It seems the GCA doesn't have the balls to stand up and convict these type of players who, as far I know are repeat offenders who, time and time again have got away with this type of behavior on the field.

Do we know any facts in this case? Did the umpire hear it. In the paper it said yes, but I have heard no. Was there enough evidence to convict this person? I am sure that you would not want a person to be named and shamed if the group investigating were not 100% certain.

Back