Ranji Trophy Super League

Re: Ranji Trophy Super League

I hope Sehwag can make a big score in the 2nd innings against Mumbai. He is very important for our tour to australia.

vrv singhs record does seem to be impressive. im really impressed with praveen kumar and i think he will make his way into the odi team soon. irfan and kumar can be two great all rounders for india.

Delhi managed a draw against Mumbai thanks the openers Aakash Chopra(87) and Gautam Gambhir(137). Sehwag got a duck in the same innings :( Poor scores aren't really helping his chances to make a comeback to the Test side. I'd imagine Gambhir would get a chance ahead of him.

I think for the openers slot they are going to persist with jaffer and karthik for at least this series. karthik is very inconsistent if he fails the next two tests id recall gambhir for the australian tour.

My favourite player for India is Robin Uthappa, and would like to see him integrated into the Test side at some point in the near future.

I was impressed with Jaffer's knock against Pakistan too in the Second Innings. Looked a very elegant player, judging by the highlights.

deer said:
I think for the openers slot they are going to persist with jaffer and karthik for at least this series. karthik is very inconsistent if he fails the next two tests id recall gambhir for the australian tour.

Its gonna be Karthik out and Yuvraj Singh in ive heard from quite a lot of people. I believe the plan is that then Ganguly is pushed up to open with Jaffer. I still think Jaffer is a bit dodgy at the top though...

i doubt if yuvraj, ganguly or kartik are used to playing the new ball. they wont survive against the new ball when they come to australia. they at least need a regular opener.

Timed Out said:
Its gonna be Karthik out and Yuvraj Singh in ive heard from quite a lot of people. I believe the plan is that then Ganguly is pushed up to open with Jaffer. I still think Jaffer is a bit dodgy at the top though...
Yuvraj is not a opener. It will be a bad idea to get him as a opener if Karthik fails then gambhir or sehwag are the best option. I think Karthik will fail but it is not fair to remove him now because he played well in england.

I agree; Karthik is a makeshift Opener.Removing him means breaking his confidence.
This is really pathetic we cannot get a genuine Test opener with wasim jaffer.
Yuvraj is in good form in ODI's and 20/20 but playing Test matches is still a waiting period.

Back