Rate GCA turf grunds 1-25 (Rate on Surface, Facilities, Wicket etc)

This arguement on the ratings of ground in Geelong cricket could go on forever and a day, agree to disagree here but Kardina Park West (not St. Mary's football ground) is easily the best gound in Geelong, with the training facilities, clubrooms and changerooms and not to mention the new scoreboard there is no ground in Geelong cricket or it surroundings that matches up, but that is just an opinion...

This arguement on the ratings of ground in Geelong cricket could go on forever and a day, agree to disagree here but Kardina Park West (not St. Mary's football ground) is easily the best gound in Geelong, with the training facilities, clubrooms and changerooms and not to mention the new scoreboard there is no ground in Geelong cricket or it surroundings that matches up, but that is just an opinion...

With Geelong Cricket Ground being out of action for this seasons GCA Finals what grounds will host finals and Grand Finals?

I'm going to have a crack at what I think.
Div 1
Newtown
South Barwon
Grovedale
East Belmont

Div2
St Albans
Torquay

Div1 GF @ Newtown
Div2 GF @ South Barwon

Div1 PF @ Newtown & South Barwon
Div2 PF @ St Albans & Torquay

Div1 SF @ Newtown, South Barwon & St Albans
Div2 SF @ Torquay, East Belmont & Grovedale

Thoughts?

Drove past St Peters the other day. Next season, they will have a great facility with a renovated Walker Oval, what looks like a new wicket and their hard wicket ground right next door looking close to the best hard wicket in town at the moment.

Provisional finals grounds have been circulated - 1sts GFs at Newtown, Newcomb & Winchelsea. No doubt we can now look forward to another chest-thumping editorial by Wazza in the Tribune :)

A couple of surprises IMO - Guild has a QF in GCA2 and Hurst Reserve #2 (not a great ground to field on at the best of times) has a 4ths QF. Torquay turf ground nowhere to be seen. Thought GCA2 GF may be at Richmond Cres or St Albans, but I guess GCA might see either unlikely to be neutral?

Provisional finals grounds have been circulated - 1sts GFs at Newtown, Newcomb & Winchelsea. No doubt we can now look forward to another chest-thumping editorial by Wazza in the Tribune :)

A couple of surprises IMO - Guild has a QF in GCA2 and Hurst Reserve #2 (not a great ground to field on at the best of times) has a 4ths QF. Torquay turf ground nowhere to be seen. Thought GCA2 GF may be at Richmond Cres or St Albans, but I guess GCA might see either unlikely to be neutral?

.. or Newcomb's ground is the best in GCA 2 ? and 4th overall according to GCA grounds committee ratings.

Back