Rip Phil Hughes

This just sucks for everyone involved. Hughes was taken way too early and I hope friends and family stick by each other, in Abbott's family as well.

He would have had plenty of friends in the NSW side being a former player including Abbott. Rest in peace Phil.

A tragic and very sad situation for all involved. Hughes was taken way too soon, well before his time. My deepest sympathies to the Hughes family and friends. RIP Phillip Joel Hughes.

I remembered seeing him debut against SA, there was much hype his first class average was something to behold 60 odd and he didnt dissapoint the way he handles Steyn and co.

Always expected him to achieve the highest at international level, a great talent gone too soon.

But thats life for you.

RIP Phil Hughes, your memories will live with us forever.

We join his family and the entire nation of Australia as we mourn the lost of a young legend......

Terrible tragedy for a young man who had his career in front of him. Thoughts are with his family and friends. The Brisbane Test should be cancelled out of respect for Phil Hughes as he would have probably been selected. Let everyone mourn and heal.

Just a **** day. I've looked through this and other RIP threads, but I didn't even have the minimum amount of interest to post in any of them, til now. I was working by myself yesterday, and I just stopped and reflected for about 15 minutes. I don't know.

RIP

Just a **** day. I've looked through this and other RIP threads, but I didn't even have the minimum amount of interest to post in any of them, til now. I was working by myself yesterday, and I just stopped and reflected for about 15 minutes. I don't know.

RIP
We are all feeling flat because of the unexpected death of phil hughes. Took us by surprise. Hang in there mate. Our days will get better.

The ANZAC feeling of brotherhood over the last few days has been quite moving. Probably the only positive to come out of this tragedy.

But as has been said, it's the whole cricketing world that is mourning the loss of a gentlemen.

I'm currently listening to abc grandstand and it's a very sombre saturday edition. They are talking to Phil Hughes' old club Maxwell president on the phone right now. Also I just heard Michael Clarke give an emotional and moving tribute to Phil Hughes. So much so that hearing that has me crying. So sad.

Rest in peace Hughesy, I'll miss you forever. My full emotions are on Big Footy.
I never go to the Cricket board on BF. But I started reading the thread and I read your posts on the first couple of pages, for the first time on recently. It made me feel uncomfortable, knowing what the eventual result was.

The funeral for Phil Hughes will be on Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 2pm AEDST at Macksville High School which is Phil's hometown. Overflow areas will be set up on the school's two ovals which will have video screens set up. The funeral will also be broadcast live on TV through Channel 9 and also on radio. The Sydney Cricket Ground and Adelaide Oval will also broadcast the service using the video screens at each ground.

Cricket Australia has also amended the scorecard between New South Wales and South Australia so Phil Hughes will be classified as 63 not out, meaning he will remain not out forever.

The funeral for Phil Hughes will be on Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 2pm AEDST at Macksville High School which is Phil's hometown. Overflow areas will be set up on the school's two ovals which will have video screens set up. The funeral will also be broadcast live on TV through Channel 9 and also on radio. The Sydney Cricket Ground and Adelaide Oval will also broadcast the service using the video screens at each ground.

Cricket Australia has also amended the scorecard between New South Wales and South Australia so Phil Hughes will be classified as 63 not out, meaning he will remain not out forever.
Also the first test has been postponed due to the sad passing away of phil hughes.

Back