Run-Up

haydos

Run-Up

can anyone help me get my run up sorted?

i tend to no ball to much and its bad i just wanna be able to bowl fast

Re: Run-Up

Hold on! We're not here at your beck and call.

I'll start by saying that there is no real right or wrong way when sorting out your run up, it's personal to you.

The aim is to get you to the crease with momentum whilst being in a position to get into your delivery phase.

I would suggest that you work backwards from the crease and then run away from the stumps until you feel as though your ready to bowl. Make a mark and then try it the normal way, whilst having someone watch your foot position. A little tweaking here and there should get you spot on.

A second little tip is to try to imagine yourself running through the crease as you bowl, with your shoulder pointing at the batsman, this will help you to run in straight.

Whatever you do make sure you run in straight, this is important as will put you in the best position to bowl.

haydos said:
can anyone help me get my run up sorted?

i tend to no ball to much and its bad i just wanna be able to bowl fast

I have been meaning to do this but the best way to do this is to blindfold yourself and do your run up six times, starting from the same spot, with a friend taking down where you land.

The drill should result in you landing in the same area six times out of six. Measure the distance in paces (regular steps) and this is your run up.

Blindfolding yourself may sound stupid, but it isnt, i promise! :lol:

Firstly, if you can bowl a good delivery blindfolded (Or atleast have your run up perfect) then it can easily be done when able to see. It kind of gives you a second sense, and you become much more familiar with your stride, run or toodle on your way to the crease!

yesterday when i was bowling, instead of grass to run-up on it was dirt and mud and i kept slipping as i was bowling which was making me bowl some full tosses.
is there anything i can do to stop slipping in the mud?

Not really, i dont think there are any shoes with longer or bigger spikes.

The best thing to do to avoid mud is to;

1. Put sand or something over the mud to make it firmer,

2. Change your run up so you miss the mud

Or you could complain to the umpires that the mud is in a dangerous place and run ups could put both bowler and batsmen in danger.

I struggled with my run up yesterday. I bowled 3 no balls and one of them was plumb LBW. And I bowl leg spin. I think I know what my problem is. I think it's that I don't put my whole footy down, and just the front part.

Back