Satisfy a batting hungry team?

scorpsteals

Satisfy a batting hungry team?

Hi I am the captain of the team. How do I satisfy my team when all the 11 players can bat in a 20-20 tournament? Some of them can bowl but everybody wants to bat in the middle order

Re: Satisfy a batting hungry team?

You're the captain you make the decisions! You can't please everybody so go with what's best for the team, use your judgment and try to pick the best player for each position.

You rotate the order from match to match but the main thing, as I said, is that whatever you do is for the team.

as mas said,

play each game on its merits, some players react better in different situations.

Well it's a 20/20 so I think you can get away with it. Not everyone can play as big a role as some players in the team.
Anyway for 20/20's I'd be setting the batting team up as
1. Attacking batsman (goes for their shots on almost every single ball)
2. A batsman who turns the strike over, but is still able to play attacking shots.
3. Most versatile batsman (can bat at any stage of the match), usually the best bat, can slog but can also play sensibly.
4. Slogger, batsman who hits the ball hard and is agressive
5. A batsman who plays second fiddle. Turns the strike over, a fast runner, plays spin well.
6. Agressive batsman, goes for his shots. Able to steal lots of singles, plays well against spin and pace.
7. Batsman who's a clean hitter of the ball, is able to get bat on ball on most occasions.
8. Best available batsman
9. Best available batsman
10. Best available batsman
11. Hopefully a bowler

scorpsteals;278945 said:
but everybody wants to bat in the middle order

Ha ha. Sounds like my old u/17 team. The Captain in the end just had to pick someone out to make them open with him after everyone arguing about it.

Back