Season 14/15 Rumours And Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop editing my posts thongs. I promise I won't give away your big secret. sqarrrrrrrk!

Its pretty simple, if you continue to post like you have, I will continue to ban and edit your posts. Not sure what secret you're talking about, but I don't hide who I am or anything about me.

It's pretty simple thongs. Keep deleting my posts and I'll let the cat out of the bag..... sqqqaaaaaaaarrrrrrrk!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mighty Mouse now permanently banned. Hopefully this thread can get back to cricket related talk rather than being constantly sidetracked.

Fixtures for the top three grades are now available online, on the my cricket website.

Great effort by Neal Bowden to get them on so soon.

What are peoples thoughts on twilight round? game starts at 2.30

IF...all goes well 7.30 finish....hate to see a game get behind by 30mins or so as many do....players who have personal functions on, goodluck...might see a few miss the entire games for weddings...the old just go the reception trick, not gonna work here

Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea and I applaud the DVCA for thinking outside the box and trying something new. Sure, there is the possibility of bad light, and clash with functions (we have heaps of warning though) but there is also a possibility of great reward. Big crowds at the game with the lower grades being able to come watch. The ability to have a BBQ and drinks on and make it a money spinner for clubs while the game is being played. Could be the start of a big night at the club.

Depends on how you want to look at it, glass half full or half empty. But I like the fact they're trying new things.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea and I applaud the DVCA for thinking outside the box and trying something new. Sure, there is the possibility of bad light, and clash with functions (we have heaps of warning though) but there is also a possibility of great reward. Big crowds at the game with the lower grades being able to come watch. The ability to have a BBQ and drinks on and make it a money spinner for clubs while the game is being played. Could be the start of a big night at the club.

Depends on how you want to look at it, glass half full or half empty. But I like the fact they're trying new things.
I agree with Tongs, the idea is great but it might work better after xmas with light maybe being a factor in November compared to Jan or Feb.
Nice to see Eltham have a home game hey Tongs lmao

I agree with Tongs, the idea is great but it might work better after xmas with light maybe being a factor in November compared to Jan or Feb.
Nice to see Eltham have a home game hey Tongs lmao

Haha yeah, well it was a 50/50 chance we were going to be home. I can't really remember what the light would be like at that time of year, but thought it would be the same as Jan?

Haha yeah, well it was a 50/50 chance we were going to be home. I can't really remember what the light would be like at that time of year, but thought it would be the same as Jan?
Weather always good in Jan & Feb compared to Nov which is normally wet, dark & cold.

Is a great idea, and good forward thinking from the Executive.
Better thought would be to have 2 one day games, therefore allowing all teams to have a home and away game, and if weather comes in to play, only effects one day and not a 2 day game.

Better thought would be to have 2 one day games, therefore allowing all teams to have a home and away game, and if weather comes in to play, only effects one day and not a 2 day game.
I like your thinking, maybe 1 before and 1 after xmas and also maybe use the pink balls and coloured tops.

I like your thinking, maybe 1 before and 1 after xmas and also maybe use the pink balls and coloured tops.

I am not sure if you've ever played in one of the T20s with the pink balls, but they are absolute rubbish. They're not real cricket balls, and should never ever be used in a proper game.. They wouldn't last a full One Day or Two Day game, they feel like the "real" cricket balls you got for Christmas when you were 10, that felt like they were made of concrete.

Two issues with that idea.
1) Historically, 90% of the players and clubs whinge when there are one day games in the 1st XI grades. Because its unfair that some clubs play the bottom team in a one day game, while others play them in a 2 day game and could possibly get outright points. Others just prefer 2 Day cricket. For years clubs/players have asked for no one day games like that format.

2) If there is a possibility of light interrupting, then your theory would mean that it could possibly cause 2 games to be affected, rather than just the one game. If light doesn't allow for play, you'd rather it to stop one game rather than two full rounds.

But as I said earlier, I think its a great idea. I can see it working really well for all clubs. Risk and Reward.

Last edited:
I am not sure if you've ever played in one of the T20s with the pink balls, but they are absolute rubbish. They're not real cricket balls, and should never ever be used in a proper game.. They wouldn't last a full One Day or Two Day game, they feel like the "real" cricket balls you got for Christmas when you were 10, that felt like they were made of concrete.
Yes I have Tongs and we use them during pre season and surely they are better than the Platypus balls.
I just threw up a idea to make the twilight game more attractive.

1) Historically, 90% of the players and clubs whinge when there are one day games in the 1st XI grades. Because its unfair that some clubs play the bottom team in a one day game, while others play them in a 2 day game and could possibly get outright points. Others just prefer 2 Day cricket. For years clubs/players have asked for no one day games like that format.

2) If there is a possibility of light interrupting, then your theory would mean that it could possibly cause 2 games to be affected, rather then just the one game. If light doesn't allow for play, you'd rather it to stop one game rather than two full rounds.

But as I said earlier, I think its a great idea. I can see it working really well for all clubs. Risk and Reward.
Yes very true, once the new grading structure comes in it may be an option.

2) If there is a possibility of light interrupting, then your theory would mean that it could possibly cause 2 games to be affected, rather than just the one game. If light doesn't allow for play, you'd rather it to stop one game rather than two full rounds.

There will still be one day games in the 1st XI grades in coming years, even under the new structure.
And the risk of weather being dark and unplayable two weeks in a row in November, early December would be unlikely.

In their defence, they both had reasonable enough years last year. I see Mill Park have named their captain on then website? Anyone know if Joseland is playing again this year? He was the difference for them last season.
Very good signing to mont, john a great player. Who is the new captain/coach at south morang? Did Leigh Stewart sign to mernda

Just noticed we have a twilight match...bring your night vision, especially if we are still using that Platypus thing that kinda resembles a cricket ball. Surely running it in Jan/Feb is a better option if they want to do that. Even last season in the GF light was an issue at the end of the day and I know because I was at the crease on the end of day 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back