4 Armistead, Anthony 211 runs at 17.58 with a highest score of 72
5 Lymer, Shane 121 runs at 11 with a highest score of 37

BOWLING AVERAGES
1 Scown, Brad 28 wickets at 19.14 with best figures of 5/16
2 Armistead, Anthony 21 wickets at 21.81 with best figures of 5/27
3 Millard, Colin 7 wickets at 27.12 with best figures of 4/47
4 Lymer, Shane 14 wickets at 20.29 with best figures of 4/29
5 Kingwell, Shaun 5 wickets at 43.00 with best figures of 2/17

At the start of the year the only major change to the list was the addition of Col Millard as captain and the loss of Mitchell Troy and Ash McLean who both went back to North Shore. Col immediately made an impact around the club, as he had a special knack of bringing the best out of a lot of players at the club, especially the younger blokes. Speaking for myself especially, he gave me the chance to bat at 4 or 5 for a most of the year and the chance to eiter open or bowl first change. He gave Shane Lymer the chance to bowl more this year which paid off in some big games with him taking 4 wickets against both East Belmont and St. Josephs. He gave Shaun Kingwell 10 games of 1st XI experience, and Dom McGlinchey 9. Both of those two will be better off for the experience and come back next year more confident that they can compete at the next level.
Col himself had a great year with the ball and a decent year with the bat, and will look to improve on his performances next year. Sam Hall came on in leaps and bounds this year, winning the batting average, and scoring a brilliant ton in the one dayer against Newcomb, and even somehow rolling the arm over this year. It was good to see that we could still put up a good show without Alf Clark, as the great man had a leaner year than usual, but I'm sure if he decides to put the whites on again next year, he will be determined to go out on a high. Brad Scown was dominant with the ball this year and in my opinion, established himself as one of the best quick bowlers in the GCA. Danny Tielens and Stephen Jacamovic shared the keeping duties throughout the year and will look to improve on the batting aspects of there game next year, as they did show signs. Al Spierings stepped up at the halfway point of the year as did Jase Stewart not long after and they both did the jobs they were given. The Szponar brothers, Jack Hall, Adam Dragicevic, Kurt Hiller. Tim Frisch and the wiley veteran Ross Aylmer were the others who donned the 1st XI cap this year.
With our seconds and thirds in the finals this year, it seems success isnt too far away, especially with the wins taking down finals contender St Joeys and tieing with East Belmont. Looking forward to next year down at Wagpie land

Re: Season reviews

ants14;336188 said:
BATTING AVERAGES
1 Hall, Sam 483 runs at 40.25 with a highest score of 112NO
2 Millard, Colin 390 runs at 32.50 with a highest score of 81
3 Clark, Alf 272 runs at 30.22 with a highest score of 69NO
4 Armistead, Anthony 211 runs at 17.58 with a highest score of 72
5 Lymer, Shane 121 runs at 11 with a highest score of 37

BOWLING AVERAGES
1 Scown, Brad 28 wickets at 19.14 with best figures of 5/16
2 Armistead, Anthony 21 wickets at 21.81 with best figures of 5/27
3 Millard, Colin 7 wickets at 27.12 with best figures of 4/47
4 Lymer, Shane 14 wickets at 20.29 with best figures of 4/29
5 Kingwell, Shaun 5 wickets at 43.00 with best figures of 2/17

At the start of the year the only major change to the list was the addition of Col Millard as captain and the loss of Mitchell Troy and Ash McLean who both went back to North Shore. Col immediately made an impact around the club, as he had a special knack of bringing the best out of a lot of players at the club, especially the younger blokes. Speaking for myself especially, he gave me the chance to bat at 4 or 5 for a most of the year and the chance to eiter open or bowl first change. He gave Shane Lymer the chance to bowl more this year which paid off in some big games with him taking 4 wickets against both East Belmont and St. Josephs. He gave Shaun Kingwell 10 games of 1st XI experience, and Dom McGlinchey 9. Both of those two will be better off for the experience and come back next year more confident that they can compete at the next level.
Col himself had a great year with the ball and a decent year with the bat, and will look to improve on his performances next year. Sam Hall came on in leaps and bounds this year, winning the batting average, and scoring a brilliant ton in the one dayer against Newcomb, and even somehow rolling the arm over this year. It was good to see that we could still put up a good show without Alf Clark, as the great man had a leaner year than usual, but I'm sure if he decides to put the whites on again next year, he will be determined to go out on a high. Brad Scown was dominant with the ball this year and in my opinion, established himself as one of the best quick bowlers in the GCA. Danny Tielens and Stephen Jacamovic shared the keeping duties throughout the year and will look to improve on the batting aspects of there game next year, as they did show signs. Al Spierings stepped up at the halfway point of the year as did Jase Stewart not long after and they both did the jobs they were given. The Szponar brothers, Jack Hall, Adam Dragicevic, Kurt Hiller. Tim Frisch and the wiley veteran Ross Aylmer were the others who donned the 1st XI cap this year.
With our seconds and thirds in the finals this year, it seems success isnt too far away, especially with the wins taking down finals contender St Joeys and tieing with East Belmont. Looking forward to next year down at Wagpie land
good effort ants.. but col must of taken more than 7 wickets... im sure ive written his name down for wickets more than that on the website this year.. as for alf.. well after last week at the dog... alf... uve had enuff.... haha nahh the great man wants to call it a day i think... but we'd love to see one more year out of him.. i wouldnt mind playing with him in the 3s.. if he had to

I Bowl Meat Pies;336496 said:
good effort ants.. but col must of taken more than 7 wickets... im sure ive written his name down for wickets more than that on the website this year.. as for alf.. well after last week at the dog... alf... uve had enuff.... haha nahh the great man wants to call it a day i think... but we'd love to see one more year out of him.. i wouldnt mind playing with him in the 3s.. if he had to

trust u to pick up on the mistake. 17 its sposed to say as u very well no.

Probably should have made this clear from the start, but this thread is for anyone who wants to a write a review of their respective teams season when they finish obviously.
Hopefully one or two of you South boys can come up with an in depth one, now that your out.

So has Alf made it an official retirement or thinking about it. if he does retire North should send him off in the greatest possible fashion. He really is an iconic figure in geelong cricket history. but im sure you guys will do that anyway. you should name the 1sts batting award after him. in fact the GCA should also.

crktluva;337223 said:
So has Alf made it an official retirement or thinking about it. if he does retire North should send him off in the greatest possible fashion. He really is an iconic figure in geelong cricket history. but im sure you guys will do that anyway. you should name the 1sts batting award after him. in fact the GCA should also.
nah nothing official.... i wouldnt mind seeing him go around again.. it would be good to see him mkae that 180 odd runs and pass jack sings record... and especially with all of his runs coming from the 1 club

alrite ants, i'll start the SBCC review but im sure people will do there own.

Batting Ave (inc final)

B.Hauenstein 667 @ 95.3 HS 113
Ford 375 @ 41.7 HS 108
Hester 331 @ 30.1 HS 102
Morrison 183 @ 18.3 HS 72
Whittingham 189 @ 21 HS 36

Bowling Ave (inc final)

Anderton 30 @ 12.2
B.Hauenstein 22 @ 21.9
Hunt 19 @ 21.6
D.Hauenstein 15 @ 31.9
Ford 14 @14.6

After the year before's loss in the grand final, the swans were ready to attack the 08/09 season.
We started strong with winning the first 6 games but had trouble bowling sides out, the bats were in outstanding form with hornet and ford dominating.

some amazing efforts were chasing down 300 against leopold with for breaking through with his 1st Div1 hundred, Brads inning against Newtown,
Beating East at East with myself finishing off the game with a hat-trick.

then we hit a bit off a slump, with me sitting on the sidelines watching us unable to defend 270 against BPH and 280 in a one dayer against Lara with Hornet making another century.
Really bad losses followed losing to StJoeys and Grovedale.

Then we all regrouped and with wins in the VB 20/20 knock-out, West, North and Newcomb the club was back on track fo another tilt at the flag with along the way claiming the 20/20 premiership on the G.

But, it wasnt to be....
Rain and East Belmont destroyed any chance of us getting a start in the final against West and with Lara beating Grovedale...... We are out.

was a great season though seeing Ford and Hester really making a mark in the comp in their 2nd year at south and the likes of Linke and Blyth stepping up at certain stages off the season, old timers Phil Hunt and Dazza forever charging in, Whittingham and Mozza showing grit, Andrew Ross and Jai Schmidt playing their first 1XI games and the great hornet just showing he is still the best in the comp.

Babies Arm;337343 said:
alrite ants, i'll start the SBCC review but im sure people will do there own.

Batting Ave (inc final)

B.Hauenstein 667 @ 95.3 HS 113
Ford 375 @ 41.7 HS 108
Hester 331 @ 30.1 HS 102
Morrison 183 @ 18.3 HS 72
Whittingham 189 @ 21 HS 36

Bowling Ave (inc final)

Anderton 30 @ 12.2
B.Hauenstein 22 @ 21.9
Hunt 19 @ 21.6
D.Hauenstein 15 @ 31.9
Ford 14 @14.6

After the year before's loss in the grand final, the swans were ready to attack the 08/09 season.
We started strong with winning the first 6 games but had trouble bowling sides out, the bats were in outstanding form with hornet and ford dominating.

some amazing efforts were chasing down 300 against leopold with for breaking through with his 1st Div1 hundred, Brads inning against Newtown,
Beating East at East with myself finishing off the game with a hat-trick.

then we hit a bit off a slump, with me sitting on the sidelines watching us unable to defend 270 against BPH and 280 in a one dayer against Lara with Hornet making another century.
Really bad losses followed losing to StJoeys and Grovedale.

Then we all regrouped and with wins in the VB 20/20 knock-out, West, North and Newcomb the club was back on track fo another tilt at the flag with along the way claiming the 20/20 premiership on the G.

But, it wasnt to be....
Rain and East Belmont destroyed any chance of us getting a start in the final against West and with Lara beating Grovedale...... We are out.

was a great season though seeing Ford and Hester really making a mark in the comp in their 2nd year at south and the likes of Linke and Blyth stepping up at certain stages off the season, old timers Phil Hunt and Dazza forever charging in, Whittingham and Mozza showing grit, Andrew Ross and Jai Schmidt playing their first 1XI games and the great hornet just showing he is still the best in the comp.

Nice review big fella and a good year for you especially considering you were battling through the pain barrier for the mighty swans. You did however fail to mention the hornets superb new lucky jocks in your review though!:D

Here is a picture of them:
cf23_2.JPG

Knowa;337415 said:
Nice review big fella and a good year for you especially considering you were battling through the pain barrier for the mighty swans. You did however fail to mention the hornets superb new lucky jocks in your review though!:D

Here is a picture of them:
cf23_2.JPG

Once again, I like your work Phil!!!! Lets hope that one day between now and the start of next season you come to your senses and decide to go around again!

fineleg2fineleg;337517 said:
Once again, I like your work Phil!!!! Lets hope that one day between now and the start of next season you come to your senses and decide to go around again!

99% done - but there is that 1%!!:p

I Bowl Meat Pies;337310 said:
nah nothing official.... i wouldnt mind seeing him go around again.. it would be good to see him mkae that 180 odd runs and pass jack sings record... and especially with all of his runs coming from the 1 club

did he play some games early on at Lara. i know he played footy out there ?

crktluva;337567 said:
did he play some games early on at Lara. i know he played footy out there ?

Played U16s (and some senior cricket) for Little River then has been at North Geelong since.

Batting
Sean O'Neill 496 @ 41 H/S 96
Ben Smiljanic 419 @ 34.9 H/S 126
Chris Strods 349 @ 24.9 H/S 76

Bowling
Dean Riches 33 @ 18.1 B/B 4-32
Ben Smiljanic 24 @ 15 B/B 4-24
Kim Petterwood 22 @ 16.8 B/B 4-20

It was has been a highly successul season both on an off the field for the Thomson Tigers. It saw all 4 senior grades & the u17s compete in the finals, the 2nd XI win the Premiership and the 1st XI & u17s finish runner-up. It also was the first time in over 10 years that the club had won the Club Championship.

It was a bitterly dissapointing end result for the 1st XI who as everyone knows were beaten pretty convincingly by a better team over the Grand Final weekend in North Shore, and congratulations to Mitch and the boys. Despite our best efforts we just weren't good enough. But as they say, there is always next season.

The season started off disastoriously against Torquay but the loss was probably a real eye opener for the young team and gave us a real kick up the ass. Recruitment of Ben Smiljanic, Chris Strods and Matt Plant gave the batting some added power whilst Phil Featherston played a role when given a chance in the middle of the season with the ball.

Once again the younger brigade got their chance, Dowling Sheild opener Jack Rodgers played the majority of the season in the ones along with his u17 team-mate Patrick O'Neill and former Thomson junior Adam Bliss.

Dean Riches excelled opening the bowling and had another fantastic season which was rewarded with selection in the GCA Country Week team, along with Ben Smiljanic.

Our initial overseas experiment failed and was duely demoted to the 2nds but we were fortunate enough to have 3 Englishmen at our club this summer and 18 year old Martyn East came up and did a great job in the middle order and with the ball for the 1st XI.

Adrian Saltalamacchia led from the front, as he always does and it was once again a pleasure to work along side him. Despite being out of form pre-xmas he turned it around and made some important scores for us in the second half. Was also great to bat with Stephen Dahlhaus at different stages during the year, nearing 40 years old he is a player with so much experience. His cover drive is still one of the best in the business. Often doing the hard yards into the wind Kim Petterwood once again did a fantastic job opening the bowling.

Everyone knows Thomson want to play Division 1, wether we will or not I suppose we will find out soon enough (I think it will be very close between Manifold, Highton and Thomson). Wether we are good enough or not is another story.

I think we have ticked all right boxes and done everything we possibly could but needless to say who knows with the GCA. Recruiting will be very important this winter.

On a personal note I would love to play Division 1 and test myself with the best locally after having a pretty solid year with the bat in Division 2 but the best only get judged playing against the best.

Hi..
I read post but wanna know that who won the game and whose highest score and all like man of the match.. is it time of Walsh ?? Thanks for sharing...

Admin edit: I think you're a little lost here. You probably want to stick to spamming the international forums, your nonsense speak almost makes sense there.

thommy_rissole;344711 said:
Batting
Sean O'Neill 496 @ 41 H/S 96
Ben Smiljanic 419 @ 34.9 H/S 126
Chris Strods 349 @ 24.9 H/S 76

Bowling
Dean Riches 33 @ 18.1 B/B 4-32
Ben Smiljanic 24 @ 15 B/B 4-24
Kim Petterwood 22 @ 16.8 B/B 4-20

It was has been a highly successul season both on an off the field for the Thomson Tigers. It saw all 4 senior grades & the u17s compete in the finals, the 2nd XI win the Premiership and the 1st XI & u17s finish runner-up. It also was the first time in over 10 years that the club had won the Club Championship.

It was a bitterly dissapointing end result for the 1st XI who as everyone knows were beaten pretty convincingly by a better team over the Grand Final weekend in North Shore, and congratulations to Mitch and the boys. Despite our best efforts we just weren't good enough. But as they say, there is always next season.

The season started off disastoriously against Torquay but the loss was probably a real eye opener for the young team and gave us a real kick up the ass. Recruitment of Ben Smiljanic, Chris Strods and Matt Plant gave the batting some added power whilst Phil Featherston played a role when given a chance in the middle of the season with the ball.

Once again the younger brigade got their chance, Dowling Sheild opener Jack Rodgers played the majority of the season in the ones along with his u17 team-mate Patrick O'Neill and former Thomson junior Adam Bliss.

Dean Riches excelled opening the bowling and had another fantastic season which was rewarded with selection in the GCA Country Week team, along with Ben Smiljanic.

Our initial overseas experiment failed and was duely demoted to the 2nds but we were fortunate enough to have 3 Englishmen at our club this summer and 18 year old Martyn East came up and did a great job in the middle order and with the ball for the 1st XI.

Adrian Saltalamacchia led from the front, as he always does and it was once again a pleasure to work along side him. Despite being out of form pre-xmas he turned it around and made some important scores for us in the second half. Was also great to bat with Stephen Dahlhaus at different stages during the year, nearing 40 years old he is a player with so much experience. His cover drive is still one of the best in the business. Often doing the hard yards into the wind Kim Petterwood once again did a fantastic job opening the bowling.

Everyone knows Thomson want to play Division 1, wether we will or not I suppose we will find out soon enough (I think it will be very close between Manifold, Highton and Thomson). Wether we are good enough or not is another story.

I think we have ticked all right boxes and done everything we possibly could but needless to say who knows with the GCA. Recruiting will be very important this winter.

On a personal note I would love to play Division 1 and test myself with the best locally after having a pretty solid year with the bat in Division 2 but the best only get judged playing against the best.

'Pop' Dahlhaus is well over 40 must be 44 or 45 now and has always oozed class.

Back