Seca - Sth East Ca 17/18

How long, it will only get better. The vision is not just about turf, but all cricket in the area, including women.
It certainly makes sense to bring all cricket within the region under the one umbrella. As a club secretary, I couldn't be more impressed with the CSB administration - extend that out to a synthetic, junior, women's, girls and veterans comp then it would be the ideal set up.
I played in the Dandenong association years ago and they had a turf, synthetic and junior comp.
if SECA came under the CSB banner it may annoy people for about 3 months - but they'd come round pretty quickly from what I've experienced

It certainly makes sense to bring all cricket within the region under the one umbrella. As a club secretary, I couldn't be more impressed with the CSB administration - extend that out to a synthetic, junior, women's, girls and veterans comp then it would be the ideal set up.
I played in the Dandenong association years ago and they had a turf, synthetic and junior comp.
if SECA came under the CSB banner it may annoy people for about 3 months - but they'd come round pretty quickly from what I've experienced

Rat, I agree in principle, but there is one part of your comment that I know SECA and more importantly their President may not be able to cope with - if SECA came under the CSB banner it may annoy people for about 3 months - but they'd come round pretty quickly from what I've experienced[/QUOTE] this will be the burning question, and I for one can't wait to see the outcome.

Winki - you're no doubt right, but for me and my club (and no doubt others in the old vtca south), the actual comp we played in didn't matter.
We just wanted a comp that gave us formats that enabled us to retain and gain players, that was professionally run (not necessarily by a professional, but that's a bonus), where we felt the comp actually listened to us.
And we got that (and more). It's so well run - but many people I've spoken to (other turf clubs, synthetic clubs) have this cynicism that CV just want to come and wreck everything. Why on earth would they do that. Everything that we have in our comp (particularly in the 2nd year) is a result of researching players and clubs to find out what they want. And they did it

What we quickly got over, was the feeling that CSB was good for cricket, great for our club and great for our players - we never for one minute considered what was good for the comp we were playing in.

Great post , there is nothing to fear.

Nothing to fear if you are part of the new empire which is the CSB. The turf competitions could not collectively organize a piss on in a brewery, so they called in Cricket Victoria which mandated a solution for them. We have the current SECA Board now destroying its own competition and forcing clubs to turn on each other to survive. What are the consequences? Clubs will have to fork out more money trying to find professional players to help them survive. Fees will increase, as will fund raisers, placing further strain on the members. Players will become disenchanted and move on, and the Turf clubs will finally get what they have always wanted, which is a much smaller SECA competition. How long before CV determines that in the interests of efficiency and the good of the game that one two or three clubs should amalgamate? CV wouldn't do it ofcourse, they would instruct their SECA underlings to make it happen. All of a sudden two or three grounds become available which could be converted to Turf wickets. With CV'S money and support, the Council's would agree. Who knows perhaps some of the larger SECA clubs may decide that playing turf is their best option at long term survival and jump ship. The EU started off as a good idea, and look what it has morphed into.

Nothing to fear if you are part of the new empire which is the CSB. The turf competitions could not collectively organize a piss on in a brewery, so they called in Cricket Victoria which mandated a solution for them. We have the current SECA Board now destroying its own competition and forcing clubs to turn on each other to survive. What are the consequences? Clubs will have to fork out more money trying to find professional players to help them survive. Fees will increase, as will fund raisers, placing further strain on the members. Players will become disenchanted and move on, and the Turf clubs will finally get what they have always wanted, which is a much smaller SECA competition. How long before CV determines that in the interests of efficiency and the good of the game that one two or three clubs should amalgamate? CV wouldn't do it ofcourse, they would instruct their SECA underlings to make it happen. All of a sudden two or three grounds become available which could be converted to Turf wickets. With CV'S money and support, the Council's would agree. Who knows perhaps some of the larger SECA clubs may decide that playing turf is their best option at long term survival and jump ship. The EU started off as a good idea, and look what it has morphed into.
Bit of a late night for you.

Already know of at least 2 very traditional SECA clubs with excellent facilities already exploring their options to join CSB. One club in particular undertaking feasibility studies already relating to costs, maintaining wickets, cost of equipment etc .

Heard a few whispers that the transition at Kingston Hawthorn from the Hawthorn exec to the Kingston Saints members is leaving quite a few local clubs less than impressed. Looks like the same clowns who couldn't make a go of it in the Subbies will end up rooting their chance in Premier by again having local clubs look straight past them. Have to be the most inept group of flogs in cricket. Arrogant and ignorant. Taking local kids off neighboring clubs to line them up in the local comp against their former clubs, poaching junior girls and boys where opportunity permits. Great way to promote themselves in the community. Why would local clubs with strong existing connections at well run Premier Clubs support that kind of crap behavior by asking their good juniors to go there? SECA and Cricket Victoria doing ************ all in response. You have to wonder....

Heard a few whispers that the transition at Kingston Hawthorn from the Hawthorn exec to the Kingston Saints members is leaving quite a few local clubs less than impressed. Looks like the same clowns who couldn't make a go of it in the Subbies will end up rooting their chance in Premier by again having local clubs look straight past them. Have to be the most inept group of flogs in cricket. Arrogant and ignorant. Taking local kids off neighboring clubs to line them up in the local comp against their former clubs, poaching junior girls and boys where opportunity permits. Great way to promote themselves in the community. Why would local clubs with strong existing connections at well run Premier Clubs support that kind of crap behavior by asking their good juniors to go there? SECA and Cricket Victoria doing ************ all in response. You have to wonder....

Have to say I am not a fan of Premier Cricket clubs running junior teams, just doesn't work for mine, positions as them as competitors with their local clubs rather than partners. But, the point of of having a Premier club between St Kilda and Frankston is so kids from local clubs don't have to drive for an hour to get to training etc. If kids are coming to Kingston Hawthorn from local clubs then that is exactly what is supposed to happen as long as it is for Premier cricket.

Have to say I am not a fan of Premier Cricket clubs running junior teams, just doesn't work for mine, positions as them as competitors with their local clubs rather than partners. But, the point of of having a Premier club between St Kilda and Frankston is so kids from local clubs don't have to drive for an hour to get to training etc. If kids are coming to Kingston Hawthorn from local clubs then that is exactly what is supposed to happen as long as it is for Premier cricket.

If there was a point, it was to rescue Hawthorn-East Melbourne from another forced relocation. There was never any strategic intent. CV wanted them North & West.
You're spot on the money with the position as competitor in junior environment rather than pathway partner.
Kingston Saints had no junior program to speak of at the time of the merger. In a very crowded club but high participation area, they were ripe to focus on Premier and foster good local relationships. Apparently they've burned 95% of those opportunities, and are still no closer to gaining a 3rds & 4ths ground.
Frankston, Dandenong, Monash Tigers & St Kilda are miles in front of them in terms of facilitating progression of junior talent.
If they're still failing to meet the basic requirements of a Premier Grade club in another 2 seasons i.e. Two turf grounds, it'll be a matter of time before they pack the circus up and take to the road again...

If there was a point, it was to rescue Hawthorn-East Melbourne from another forced relocation. There was never any strategic intent. CV wanted them North & West.
You're spot on the money with the position as competitor in junior environment rather than pathway partner.
Kingston Saints had no junior program to speak of at the time of the merger. In a very crowded club but high participation area, they were ripe to focus on Premier and foster good local relationships. Apparently they've burned 95% of those opportunities, and are still no closer to gaining a 3rds & 4ths ground.
Frankston, Dandenong, Monash Tigers & St Kilda are miles in front of them in terms of facilitating progression of junior talent.
If they're still failing to meet the basic requirements of a Premier Grade club in another 2 seasons i.e. Two turf grounds, it'll be a matter of time before they pack the circus up and take to the road again...

It is my understanding that the 3rds & 4ths were suppose to be playing out of Ross Gregory Oval in Albert Park (st Kilda 3rds & 4ths have moved to Ian Johnson Oval), there was a wicket prepared for them on the weekend, they didn’t show up on Saturday, didn’t alert anyone incl Cricket Victoria & the curators etc and decided to play on the Sunday at Walter Gult. They are a rabble!!

When I say the point, it was Hawthorn's point. CV would have been quite OK with them dying off and introducing Melton, Plenty Valley or Werribee instead.

Very interesting points from both RTG, Araldite and PC. Can anyone answer this question ? if a young player decides to try his luck in Premier Cricket and doesn't make the 44 players who take to the park on any given round, is that player allowed to go back to club level [ local ] for a game or does he sit it out ?

Very interesting points from both RTG, Araldite and PC. Can anyone answer this question ? if a young player decides to try his luck in Premier Cricket and doesn't make the 44 players who take to the park on any given round, is that player allowed to go back to club level [ local ] for a game or does he sit it out ?
They can go back and forth if not selected at Premier.

They can go back and forth if not selected at Premier.

Agree. Clearances are generally only required between VMCU affiliated clubs/leagues. Premier and Subbies are not members of VMCU so for young players as long as the local club's comp doesn't prevent it, you can go back and forth at any time during the season. If you were a recognised Premier 1st XI player it may not be quite so simple, most comps have rules to prevent mid-season side-stacking.

Not at Kingston Hawthorn. They get to play in that clubs 5ths & 6ths in Cricket Southern Bayside, in some cases against the club they were recruited from - possibly against that clubs 3rds, 4ths etc. Great advertisement for their club. Come and develop your cricket, then we'll play you in a lower grade than you would have been playing at your local club. This season they're fielding teams in CSB Div 4 & 6. Farcical.

My apologies, have I visited the wrong site. Could have sworn this was the SECA (formerly City of Moorabbin Cricket Association) site. Couldn't give a flying f*** about Kingston Hawthorn East Melbourne playing out of Ringwood or wherever the hell it is.

We had a pretty good competition until CV decided to f*** things up. Now we have to endure a bunch of self important wind bags lecturing us about cricket and how to run competitions. The same people that were involved in the VTCA and made the competition into a joke.

Do us a favor, go pretend that you are really important people and create your own little fiefdoms. We will still be here in 5 years to no doubt pick up the pieces. If it had not been for the CMCA looking after junior cricket in the area for the past 25 years half of your clubs would not be around.

My apologies, have I visited the wrong site. Could have sworn this was the SECA (formerly City of Moorabbin Cricket Association) site. Couldn't give a flying f*** about Kingston Hawthorn East Melbourne playing out of Ringwood or wherever the hell it is.

We had a pretty good competition until CV decided to f*** things up. Now we have to endure a bunch of self important wind bags lecturing us about cricket and how to run competitions. The same people that were involved in the VTCA and made the competition into a joke.

Do us a favor, go pretend that you are really important people and create your own little fiefdoms. We will still be here in 5 years to no doubt pick up the pieces. If it had not been for the CMCA looking after junior cricket in the area for the past 25 years half of your clubs would not be around.
Get off your high horse champ, they have nothing to do with the VTCA. The one's that made the VTCA a joke are still running it on the other side of town and that's where they belong. Have a good look at how many turf clubs had juniors and many teams in the CMCA.

Back