Seca - Sth East Ca 17/18

Oh please, are you really going to blame the North because you guys couldn't get your act together for over 20 years? Please do not lecture me about what clubs were/are in the CMCA. While you and your colleagues were playing in a mickey mouse turf competition pretending like it actually meant something, the CMCA was holding the fort in terms of developing local and junior cricket. They actually dedicated time and valuable resources to ensure that there was a junior competition so kids could play a game of cricket. I see even the Leader Newspaper has pushed the CMCA to the side desperately trying to talk up a competition nobody cares about. Now you and your mates will ensure that they f*ck up the CMCA competition so you can try and obtain some relevance for poor old VTCA South Clubs that were considered a joke.

I recall at a local CMCA game a few years ago when the rain washed out the turf and a number of VTCA clubs showed up looking for a beer and watch a bit of cricket. Most of the players were stunned at the numbers watching the local CMCA game. We asked why they weren't at their club having a beer, and their response was that the rooms were closed. Not surprising.

Now go away and talk to your mates about what is happening at Hawthorn East Melbourne Ringwood or whatever the hell they call themselves.Perhaps they will next merge with Upper Cumbuckta West.

Oh please, are you really going to blame the North because you guys couldn't get your act together for over 20 years? Please do not lecture me about what clubs were/are in the CMCA. While you and your colleagues were playing in a mickey mouse turf competition pretending like it actually meant something, the CMCA was holding the fort in terms of developing local and junior cricket. They actually dedicated time and valuable resources to ensure that there was a junior competition so kids could play a game of cricket. I see even the Leader Newspaper has pushed the CMCA to the side desperately trying to talk up a competition nobody cares about. Now you and your mates will ensure that they f*ck up the CMCA competition so you can try and obtain some relevance for poor old VTCA South Clubs that were considered a joke.

I recall at a local CMCA game a few years ago when the rain washed out the turf and a number of VTCA clubs showed up looking for a beer and watch a bit of cricket. Most of the players were stunned at the numbers watching the local CMCA game. We asked why they weren't at their club having a beer, and their response was that the rooms were closed. Not surprising.

Now go away and talk to your mates about what is happening at Hawthorn East Melbourne Ringwood or whatever the hell they call themselves.Perhaps they will next merge with Upper Cumbuckta West.

Turfie thinks CSB, and CV in general are god's gift to cricket and can do no wrong. He, like CV, think that nothing important happens outside of senior turf games. I would love to know if the VMCU voted for or against keeping Thomas in the big chair. This whole revamp was a couple of votes away from getting thrown in the bin where it belongs.

Nothing to do with Kingston they are a rabble. Get over it clock there is nothing you can do, live for the future.

Turfie thinks CSB, and CV in general are god's gift to cricket and can do no wrong. He, like CV, think that nothing important happens outside of senior turf games. I would love to know if the VMCU voted for or against keeping Thomas in the big chair. This whole revamp was a couple of votes away from getting thrown in the bin where it belongs.
Totally agree, its a shambles and what's also important is that the 2nd IC at SECA headquarters suggested that the SECA has followed the VMCU with their fixturing and grading process regarding the days and number of rounds being played this season. Obviously trying to be a spin doctor there, its a joke playing 3 games after Xmas.

A slap on the back for the Royals, nearly got relegated, and they produce a 2-0 start to the season
Looks like it could be 3-0. Great knock by Scotty. Once again demonstrates the resilience of the Royals. Very under rated club.

I see a couple of former Hoops doing very well with Melbourne Hellenic. I wonder if they are like most Greek teams with 11 Captain's out on the field. Good on them for putting something back in the lower grades, which are sometimes neglected.

Can someone please re name the turf thread as VTCA South rejects , so we can differentiate them from the other turf comps. They should be arrested for identity fraud.

Looks like it could be 3-0. Great knock by Scotty. Once again demonstrates the resilience of the Royals. Very under rated club.

I see a couple of former Hoops doing very well with Melbourne Hellenic. I wonder if they are like most Greek teams with 11 Captain's out on the field. Good on them for putting something back in the lower grades, which are sometimes neglected.

Can someone please re name the turf thread as VTCA South rejects , so we can differentiate them from the other turf comps. They should be arrested for identity fraud.
Like your good self breathing.

Seriously Clock, how about you do some research regarding former hoops players. One of them shouldn't be playing and should have got a significant rest after last seasons GF debacle but somehow the SECA and or umpires failed to implement the prescribed penalty. Quote - most Greek teams ? have you allot of experience with Greek cricket ?Note that one of the umpires is of this origin, I do however agree with you regarding the Royals and Scotty's innings must have been a gem.

It is well known that any Greek team has 11/18 coaches or captains. Everyone has an opinion.

I did my research. Unless I am wrong, one of the umpires never fronted to the tribunal? Is that correct? If so, then it is weak as... The Umpire was given his opportunity to hang them out to dry, but refused to do so.

If the Executive refuses to take action, how is that the fault of the players? Perhaps CV did not want any bad news or our Turf friends thought it was beneath them to be associated with such rabble.

Look they are former Hoops....well known that they got away with murder when they played for them and it has continued for them in the lower grades. I saw first hand numerous incidents when a certain player should have received an extended holiday, but never did. A couple of beers with the men in blue, and some gentle arm twisting by officials behind the scenes, and all was forgiven. Been happening in the CMCA for decades.

It is well known that any Greek team has 11/18 coaches or captains. Everyone has an opinion.

I did my research. Unless I am wrong, one of the umpires never fronted to the tribunal? Is that correct? If so, then it is weak as... The Umpire was given his opportunity to hang them out to dry, but refused to do so.

If the Executive refuses to take action, how is that the fault of the players? Perhaps CV did not want any bad news or our Turf friends thought it was beneath them to be associated with such rabble.

Look they are former Hoops....well known that they got away with murder when they played for them and it has continued for them in the lower grades. I saw first hand numerous incidents when a certain player should have received an extended holiday, but never did. A couple of beers with the men in blue, and some gentle arm twisting by officials behind the scenes, and all was forgiven. Been happening in the CMCA for decades.
You are the sort of person not needed going forward for the betterment of the game.

You are the sort of person not needed going forward for the betterment of the game.

Betterment of the game? Take your bat and ball and go back to the VTCA. Only a matter of time before you morons drag down the competition like you did the VTCA. The standard has already started to fall away. What's next, poach clubs from Dandenong and Frankston? Now f/off to your Southern Bayside forum. :thumbsu:

You really do have a problem with progress cocker, how would you have any idea of standard

Oh S*it for brains, please regale me with your biography and what a brilliant cricketer you were, or is it because you have this superior view because you played turf and therefore you know everything about cricket? It might surprise you, but you are not the only person to have played turf.

Let's cut to the chase. This is just a straight forward take over. The CMCA has punched above its weight for a long long time, much to the frustration of many turf clubs and competitions in the area. There have been many juniors who have gone from their CMCA clubs and tried their hand at Turf, and been successful.

This has happened because CMCA clubs have had relationships with some of these clubs.You only have to look at St.Kilda to see how many former CMCA players are in their first and second grade. This is the real bug bear of the local turf clubs that view themselves as the panacea of local cricket. They do not like the fact that clubs like Omega, Kingston Heath, Bentleigh Uniting, Mackie could possibly develop kids to go an play at this level. Ideally what you and cohorts want is to pinch all of the good kids from the CMCA, to top up your lists and keep your clubs relevant. It has nothing to do with developing the game. The problem is that these players return to their grass root clubs and continue to play and coach and then get their kids to play for these clubs.

Sub District have the Hatch competition in an effort to try and pinch juniors from local clubs. It's been happening for years, and many local clubs that have spent time and money on developing juniors, are expected to stand by and watch these kids just move to lazy Turf clubs with promises of development and playing Premier cricket.

Turf clubs in one area: Moorabbin, Ormond, Oakleigh, Mckinnon, Bentleigh, South Caulfield,
CMCA clubs: Bentleigh ANA, Omega, Mackie, Bentleigh Uniting, Washington Park.

How much easier would it make it for the Turf clubs if two or three of these clubs disappeared? I know Moorabbin would want to see the back of Uniting, Mackie and Bentleigh ANA. They have been whining for years about the lack of respect they have been given. What is the grand plan? Amalgamate these clubs with VTCA teams?

The real problem cricket faces in Victoria, is that there are too many Premier Clubs and not enough quality players. CV refuse to address this problem and cull the numbers back and have a promotion relegation system with the Sub District which would then result in the best possible competition and could possibly revive some interest in a competition that is barely noticed. Instead it is easier to pick off smaller associations, and take all of their players, so people like you can walk around and pretend you are relevant.

At the end of the day, if the small clubs disappear, then cricket will be the loser. Local council's are not fans of Turf cricket and are doing their best to get rid of them and give more access to soccer. Cricket is struggling to be relevant against immense competition from soccer and basketball. Destroying small local clubs is not going to win over any support.

Oh S*it for brains, please regale me with your biography and what a brilliant cricketer you were, or is it because you have this superior view because you played turf and therefore you know everything about cricket? It might surprise you, but you are not the only person to have played turf.

Let's cut to the chase. This is just a straight forward take over. The CMCA has punched above its weight for a long long time, much to the frustration of many turf clubs and competitions in the area. There have been many juniors who have gone from their CMCA clubs and tried their hand at Turf, and been successful.

This has happened because CMCA clubs have had relationships with some of these clubs.You only have to look at St.Kilda to see how many former CMCA players are in their first and second grade. This is the real bug bear of the local turf clubs that view themselves as the panacea of local cricket. They do not like the fact that clubs like Omega, Kingston Heath, Bentleigh Uniting, Mackie could possibly develop kids to go an play at this level. Ideally what you and cohorts want is to pinch all of the good kids from the CMCA, to top up your lists and keep your clubs relevant. It has nothing to do with developing the game. The problem is that these players return to their grass root clubs and continue to play and coach and then get their kids to play for these clubs.

Sub District have the Hatch competition in an effort to try and pinch juniors from local clubs. It's been happening for years, and many local clubs that have spent time and money on developing juniors, are expected to stand by and watch these kids just move to lazy Turf clubs with promises of development and playing Premier cricket.

Turf clubs in one area: Moorabbin, Ormond, Oakleigh, Mckinnon, Bentleigh, South Caulfield,
CMCA clubs: Bentleigh ANA, Omega, Mackie, Bentleigh Uniting, Washington Park.

How much easier would it make it for the Turf clubs if two or three of these clubs disappeared? I know Moorabbin would want to see the back of Uniting, Mackie and Bentleigh ANA. They have been whining for years about the lack of respect they have been given. What is the grand plan? Amalgamate these clubs with VTCA teams?

The real problem cricket faces in Victoria, is that there are too many Premier Clubs and not enough quality players. CV refuse to address this problem and cull the numbers back and have a promotion relegation system with the Sub District which would then result in the best possible competition and could possibly revive some interest in a competition that is barely noticed. Instead it is easier to pick off smaller associations, and take all of their players, so people like you can walk around and pretend you are relevant.

At the end of the day, if the small clubs disappear, then cricket will be the loser. Local council's are not fans of Turf cricket and are doing their best to get rid of them and give more access to soccer. Cricket is struggling to be relevant against immense competition from soccer and basketball. Destroying small local clubs is not going to win over any support.

Clocker don't wate your time with Turfie, he is a CV backslapper who can't see any good in any existing competitions. The restructure of cricket is purely to install shiny assed pen pushers into YOUR local area at significant cost to grass roots cricket who will achieve nothing more than what association's get done today.

Back