Seca - Sth East Ca 17/18

It is well known that any Greek team has 11/18 coaches or captains. Everyone has an opinion.

I did my research. Unless I am wrong, one of the umpires never fronted to the tribunal? Is that correct? If so, then it is weak as... The Umpire was given his opportunity to hang them out to dry, but refused to do so.

If the Executive refuses to take action, how is that the fault of the players? Perhaps CV did not want any bad news or our Turf friends thought it was beneath them to be associated with such rabble.

Look they are former Hoops....well known that they got away with murder when they played for them and it has continued for them in the lower grades. I saw first hand numerous incidents when a certain player should have received an extended holiday, but never did. A couple of beers with the men in blue, and some gentle arm twisting by officials behind the scenes, and all was forgiven. Been happening in the CMCA for decades.

It is well known that any Greek team has 11/18 coaches or captains. Everyone has an opinion.

I did my research. Unless I am wrong, one of the umpires never fronted to the tribunal? Is that correct? If so, then it is weak as... The Umpire was given his opportunity to hang them out to dry, but refused to do so.

If the Executive refuses to take action, how is that the fault of the players? Perhaps CV did not want any bad news or our Turf friends thought it was beneath them to be associated with such rabble.

Look they are former Hoops....well known that they got away with murder when they played for them and it has continued for them in the lower grades. I saw first hand numerous incidents when a certain player should have received an extended holiday, but never did. A couple of beers with the men in blue, and some gentle arm twisting by officials behind the scenes, and all was forgiven. Been happening in the CMCA for decades.

Look they are former Hoops.... - What's your point ? If they are former players of whoever then that's in the past, a bit like yourself, so live in the present and name them and their current clubs.

Moving on from SECA V Turf b...s..t, I'm interested in why the SECA haven't entered a team in the VMCU U/21's this season ? I do know that there were some good people, willing but obviously not able so one must presume that SECA Exec have taken the too hard basket and binned it. This is outrageous for a comp such as SECA not to be fielding a team after years of participation and actually quite successful at times. Moving across the road to CSB they are extremely prominent and well represented which only goes to show that they are the new comp in town and why so many young fellas are leaving their SECA clubs and moving to the CSB comp. Conclusion - CSB Progressive and Innovative Versus SECA tired and lacking energy.

Moving on from SECA V Turf b...s..t, I'm interested in why the SECA haven't entered a team in the VMCU U/21's this season ? I do know that there were some good people, willing but obviously not able so one must presume that SECA Exec have taken the too hard basket and binned it. This is outrageous for a comp such as SECA not to be fielding a team after years of participation and actually quite successful at times. Moving across the road to CSB they are extremely prominent and well represented which only goes to show that they are the new comp in town and why so many young fellas are leaving their SECA clubs and moving to the CSB comp. Conclusion - CSB Progressive and Innovative Versus SECA tired and lacking energy.
...or perhaps it was suggested to them by others it may not be in their best interests......

Some very interesting stories coming out of the SECA umpires Xmas function last week, also some interesting reports on umpire performances, plus a walkout from a high profile umpire. Mmmm !

Some very interesting stories coming out of the SECA umpires Xmas function last week, also some interesting reports on umpire performances, plus a walkout from a high profile umpire. Mmmm !

Do you intend to share, or are you bound by the Official Secrets Act?

Funny game cricket. A few years ago Bentleigh Uniting knew nothing but premierships. Now they face their nemesis in East Sandringham, and it looks as though the mighty BU will be consigned to Woolnough (barring any last minute changes to the rules). In many ways, Uniting is the perfect cricket club. They have 5 teams, plenty of juniors, kids who have followed in their father's footsteps, and yet they have greatly under performed. Is the coaching, the lack of desire to succeed or are the new generation just over rated? At the start of the season everyone was predicting the demise of the under resourced Royals, but they have managed to survive again. The performances of Le Page and West Bentleigh have surprised many, but can they go on with it? Well we get to see what could be a Grand Final preview this week when the Wild West take on the Sharks of Washington.

East Sandy to send Uniting to Woolnough
Wash Up's to get the job done.
Royals and Panthers meet in what is a playoff for 4th spot. Royals to get up and cement a finals spot.
Spiders and Mackie play to mathematically ensure they cannot be relegated, but with a very slim chance at a finals spot if other teams get the wobbles.
Mackie running home late will win, but have left it too late for finals.
Chelsea-Heights will defeat Elwood and keep their remote chance for a finals spot open.

Funny game cricket. A few years ago Bentleigh Uniting knew nothing but premierships. Now they face their nemesis in East Sandringham, and it looks as though the mighty BU will be consigned to Woolnough (barring any last minute changes to the rules). In many ways, Uniting is the perfect cricket club. They have 5 teams, plenty of juniors, kids who have followed in their father's footsteps, and yet they have greatly under performed. Is the coaching, the lack of desire to succeed or are the new generation just over rated? At the start of the season everyone was predicting the demise of the under resourced Royals, but they have managed to survive again. The performances of Le Page and West Bentleigh have surprised many, but can they go on with it? Well we get to see what could be a Grand Final preview this week when the Wild West take on the Sharks of Washington.

East Sandy to send Uniting to Woolnough - WRONG
Wash Up's to get the job done. TICK
Royals and Panthers meet in what is a playoff for 4th spot. Royals to get up and cement a finals spot.WRONG
Spiders and Mackie play to mathematically ensure they cannot be relegated, but with a very slim chance at a finals spot if other teams get the wobbles.
Mackie running home late will win, but have left it too late for finals.WRONG
Chelsea-Heights will defeat Elwood and keep their remote chance for a finals spot open.
TICK.
Suggest you check your facts regarding Uniting, [ perfect cricket club my arse ] they are in Transition mode which happens to all clubs at stages. The standard has dropped dramatically which in turn evens the comp out, not rocket science there ?
Still some big bucks being offered around from Longy clubs for imports, the more the merrier ?
Predicting the SECA brains trust already offering up ideas for the 8 team comps in 2 years ?

Well Saturday's effort was a pathetic as one has seen in recent years. They put up a brave effort against an extremely ordinary East Sandy and were able to survive. They have dodged the noose a few times in their history, but there is no hope for them now, unless Coxy invokes the Dictators pick, and allows them stay up. The Hoops would be getting nervous.

There will be a few skippers pulling out their abacus on the weekend with one eye on the Chelsea Heights-v-Uniting result. You would almost back in CH to win outright, which then could cause potential problems for Le Page, East Sandy and possibly Washington. My memory is not as good as it used to be, however I seem to recall that the Executive had determined many years ago that they would end the season with a one day game to avoid the possibility of collusion between teams trying to achieve an outright result. Anyway, there could be some interesting phone calls to the Executive on Saturday night with all sorts of conspiracy theories and allegations, perhaps even a generous declaration or two.

As for an 8 team comp, that does not sound too far fetched. A few of the Executive have privately expressed their views that the whole comp should be a one day competition. 8 teams would allow for each team to meet twice and leave room to play a few 20/20 double headers at various venues on a saturday.

For what it is worth:
Chelsea Heights to win outright. Sad day for Uniting.
The Royals to win and go very close to gaining an outright or even pinching one. Feel it in the bones.
Le Page have worked to hard and will not let it slip. Elwood are batting like an Under 14 team at the moment.
West Bentleigh will do themselves and the comp a favour by eliminating an old and tired looking East Sandy. Brad hodge can have an earlier than planned retirement. God knows he deserves it. I suspect he will give the appendix scar a good working out when he bowls a lot of overs.
Last game of the season, no threat of relegation, the Spiders will be in Party mode. Don't expect them to reach 100.

What a finish to the game at Packer yesterday. Was watching periodically on My Cricket and last score was 6/158 chasing 170. Next minute, all out 161...........It will be hard for them to back up again next week.

What a finish to the game at Packer yesterday. Was watching periodically on My Cricket and last score was 6/158 chasing 170. Next minute, all out 161...........It will be hard for them to back up again next week.
WP bats got bogged down, didn't look for singles , just seemed to waiting for any short shit on the legs. Couldn't believe the amount of people who brought their own grog, disrespectful to the home club.

Well the shortened season is finally completed. Congratulations to Lepage in Longy, just shows you that the comp is wide open and up to 6 teams could have had a shot at the title. Well done also to Union who proved to the SECA nufties that they were wrong. Some interesting rumours are flying around already. SECA already looking at 3 clubs to be considered for relegation, funny that, maybe the pres doesn't want his old club going down ? A club down the bayside way already trying to poach players from rival clubs $$$$$$$$$. Two prominent clubs pursuing the idea by a feasibility study on joining CSB comp. One particular captain of a premiership club apparently reported in the GF for the second year in a row, surely has to be rubbed out for a decent stint, or will they continue to accept the set penalty and a slap on the wrist. Its been an volatile season in umpire ranks with discontentment coming to a boil with factions left right and centre, rumour has it that they stripped 2 long serving and past umpires of their history and awards during their 20 odd years of service. Last week, it was heard that the SECA are also actively pursuing the possibility of 8 team grades to be implemented within 2 seasons, surely would have to go to the clubs to vote in ?????????.

Well done on your summary WP, and well done to Le Page and the Hoops. Vorbs was a little tired and emotional a few hours after the game.

My mail is that BU will not be getting relegated and that the Spiders are favourites to be playing in Woolnough next year. If that is the case, then what a joke.
If a team finishes last, there should be no if's or but's...they get relegated, but it seems that Victoria with Dan Andrews at the helm, is now the Corrupt State, and it reaches all facets of life.

How do you strip 2 long serving and past umpires of their history and awards for their 20 odd years of service? Joe Stalin used to do this during his tyrannical reign. He used to remove former Party members from pictures. If the clubs agree to an 8 team competition, then they are insane.

CV must be delighted. They have ensured that their acolytes have destroyed the CMCA and pushing their turf agenda. Well done. Hopefully they will reward you all with 30 pieces of silver.

Now that Rob Quiney has pulled up stumps on his first class career, it will be interesting to see if he plays at the Sharks or is persuaded by CV chase the $$$$ at the CV sponsored mickey mouse turf comp. If he stays at Washington, it will be another middle finger to the clowns at CV.

Well done on your summary WP, and well done to Le Page and the Hoops. Vorbs was a little tired and emotional a few hours after the game.

My mail is that BU will not be getting relegated and that the Spiders are favourites to be playing in Woolnough next year. If that is the case, then what a joke.
If a team finishes last, there should be no if's or but's...they get relegated, but it seems that Victoria with Dan Andrews at the helm, is now the Corrupt State, and it reaches all facets of life.

How do you strip 2 long serving and past umpires of their history and awards for their 20 odd years of service? Joe Stalin used to do this during his tyrannical reign. He used to remove former Party members from pictures. If the clubs agree to an 8 team competition, then they are insane.

CV must be delighted. They have ensured that their acolytes have destroyed the CMCA and pushing their turf agenda. Well done. Hopefully they will reward you all with 30 pieces of silver.

Now that Rob Quiney has pulled up stumps on his first class career, it will be interesting to see if he plays at the Sharks or is persuaded by CV chase the $$$$ at the CV sponsored mickey mouse turf comp. If he stays at Washington, it will be another middle finger to the clowns at CV.
Mickey Mouse turf comp, pity you didn't see the Grand Final at Princes Park , plenty of runs, not like Packer Park, no one made 200 in any final.
Why even mention Andrews , nothing to do with cricket.
FWIW there is no Turf agenda , but a combined Turf and Carpet comp and some who were so pro turf have removed themselves from any further discussion. winki pops post was very good , unlike your bitter and twisted rant.

Mickey Mouse turf comp, pity you didn't see the Grand Final at Princes Park , plenty of runs, not like Packer Park, no one made 200 in any final.
Why even mention Andrews , nothing to do with cricket.
FWIW there is no Turf agenda , but a combined Turf and Carpet comp and some who were so pro turf have removed themselves from any further discussion. winki pops post was very good , unlike your bitter and twisted rant.

Yeah my apologies I missed the GF, had more important things to do. I mention Andrews because the way cricket is being managed and governed is corrupt, very similar to the way he has been running his Govt. Look at the recent media deal CA orchestrated with their deceit and lies.

So what you are saying is that after 40 years of abject failure by Southern Turf clubs to attract any interest or relevance in their meaningless competitions, it has been decreed that a combined Turf and Carpet comp would exist? Well it has existed for the past 40 years. What has not existed is all this interference from CV. At the end of the day it is clear to see what the ultimate plan. Get the larger CMCA clubs into the turf realm on their own or by merging existing poor performing turf clubs and leave what is left over in the CMCA to fend for themselves. Good luck with that plan, but ultimately local cricket will be the loser.

Yeah my apologies I missed the GF, had more important things to do. I mention Andrews because the way cricket is being managed and governed is corrupt, very similar to the way he has been running his Govt. Look at the recent media deal CA orchestrated with their deceit and lies.

So what you are saying is that after 40 years of abject failure by Southern Turf clubs to attract any interest or relevance in their meaningless competitions, it has been decreed that a combined Turf and Carpet comp would exist? Well it has existed for the past 40 years. What has not existed is all this interference from CV. At the end of the day it is clear to see what the ultimate plan. Get the larger CMCA clubs into the turf realm on their own or by merging existing poor performing turf clubs and leave what is left over in the CMCA to fend for themselves. Good luck with that plan, but ultimately local cricket will be the loser.
It's already lost, the standard of the finals was deplorable apart from a couple of individuals. I believe there are no plans to put larger SECA clubs on turf , what's the CMCA.

It's already lost, the standard of the finals was deplorable apart from a couple of individuals. I believe there are no plans to put larger SECA clubs on turf , what's the CMCA.
Could you imagine Packer Park, Duncan St, Hurlingham, Centenary, all being changed over to turf wickets. I'm sure CSB would be very excited about that prospect.

Do you seriously think that the end game for the governing body for cricket in this state is to have fewer people playing cricket for fewer clubs? CV need synthetic grounds because that’s where the kids play – so why on earth would they force all these SECA clubs to become turf clubs

I know you probably won’t, but I urge you to actually read the documents with the reasoning behind what they are doing. The goal is to have one regional governing body running all cricket within a region – which makes perfect sense. In year 2 CSB started a women’s comp, this off season have an indoor team and will likely have girls comps under their banner next year. If their dastardly plan is to kill off synthetic clubs – then they are certainly going about it in a weird way

And as I’ve said before we currently get a full time administrator, with the further help of everybody at CV plus a board. SECA have a volunteer committee on a part-time basis, with (I believe) a secretary who is trying to organise a succession plan with limited luck. The service we get is amazing, and we get it with cheaper affiliation fees than we previously had.

I know you can’t be convinced otherwise so I don’t know why I’m wasting my time – hopefully others actually do their own research and make up their own mind

Back