Shane Bond Announces Retirement from All Forms

Boris

Shane Bond Announces Retirement from All Forms

Shane Bond Retires

One year after returning from the ICL debacle and after multiple injuries (to say the least) and also only a few months from his retirement from Test cricket, this great bowler has to stop altogether. He won't be playing any form, including IPL (thank god), and it is very sad to see him go.

Very, very fine player as we all know, particularly doing one thing no other could at the time, beat Australians, and he will hopefully not be forgotten.

After only 18 Tests it's hard to call him an all time great, but he would have been.

Re: Shane Bond Announces Retirement from All Forms

It seems that the New Zealand players and management did not know of his intention to retire after the T20 over world cup. I think he leaves a big hole in their attack which is going to be difficult to fill as he hurried batsman all over the world.

I however wonder whether it is a case that his injuries became too much and that his one IPL season provided him the financial stability. He will be missed and after Richard Hadlee I believe the best fast bowler that New Zealand ever had. I just hope that he does not completely move away from the game but rather still keeps involved in some capacity.

Re: Shane Bond Announces Retirement from All Forms

hattrick;399960 said:
I just hope that he does not completely move away from the game but rather still keeps involved in some capacity.

In the article it says he 'wants to give something back to the game' so hopefully.

Back