Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ball Scratcher

Shepparton Cricket Association

Who are the best batters & bowlers in this years comp?

Predictions for the premier and league medal???

How will the new team from another comp go (I forgot their name?)

Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

Tatura are the new club.

The local newspaper predicted they would finish last, however the win against Katandra on Saturday suggests that may be incorrect.

Chris McCallum from Tatura will be a bowler to watch as he took 40 wickets in the KDCA last season.

Sam Ahmet looks like he will again dominate the run scorers after a first up century and will no doubt poll well in the lightfoot medal.

Central Park would have to be favourites for the flag

I am surprised that this thread hasnt flourished. Threads for the local footy comps around Shepparton are strong, while other local cricket comps also have threads.

Isnt there anyone out there intersted in the Shepp comp?

Havent seen Daniel play but considering he has played District cricket and is currently playing for Country Victoria he must be a very good player.

Liam is certainly a very good bat but I wouldnt put him in the top half dozen.

Chris McCallum has certainly proved he his one of the better bowlers in the comp, and another Tatura player veteran Peter Watt is currently leading the run getters.

Chris Keady won the Lightfoot medal Monday night by a large margin

Bowling awards were
Most wickets Travis Frost
Averages Brendan Kenna

Batting awards were
Most runs and best average Ramadan Yze

My tips werent too bad Chris McCallum finished 4th in the most wickets while Sam Ahmet finished with the 2nd highest amount of runs.

Central Park are raging favorites for this weekends flag

Ball Scratcher;168267 said:
How is the new season shaping up?

Its all pretty quiet at this stage I havent heard of any recruits or even any appointments re captains.

Centre 2 Leg;168633 said:
Today's Shepp News, Trent Sidey is captain of Karra!
Will he get his brothers to join him????

Crazy, i thought his loyalties lie with northerners????

His bro's are serious footballers aren't they??? will they bother to play cricket??

Old Hopper;168593 said:
Its all pretty quiet at this stage I havent heard of any recruits or even any appointments re captains.

Do you think gino will captain Old Students again?

Sainter;169083 said:
Do you think gino will captain Old Students again?

Yeah Gino is doing it again. Doesn't look like much player movement will be happening. Frost is skipper at Kialla again too.

Will anyone get near CPStB this year?

Sainter;169081 said:
Crazy, i thought his loyalties lie with northerners????

His bro's are serious footballers aren't they??? will they bother to play cricket??

Tyson is also a very good cricketer, but yeah does concentrate more so on footy. Ryan & Steele sound like they will be good players also. Josh does a good job, but probably B Grade at best.

Centre 2 Leg;174239 said:
Numurkah are supposed to be alright this year. A few more imports I heard.

Yes I had heard that Hampshire would be back, interesting that they are going for more imports. Aparently Gascoigne wont be back though. If Liam is fit to bowl they will certainly be back pushing for a finals berth.

Tatura have reappointed Glenn Walker Captain with Dean Leitizia as Vice captain. John Ranson is coaching.

Old Hopper;174356 said:
Yes I had heard that Hampshire would be back, interesting that they are going for more imports. Aparently Gascoigne wont be back though. If Liam is fit to bowl they will certainly be back pushing for a finals berth.

Tatura have reappointed Glenn Walker Captain with Dean Leitizia as Vice captain. John Ranson is coaching.

Who are the imports?? Has anyone moved clubs??

I heard Brian Tacey is going to Captain Kialla B Grade. I'm sure he would do a good job. Anyone else heard the same?

Kane Hoskins has dumped Shepp/SYC to sign with Karra.

I wonder where this leaves the club considering they didnt win a game last season

Old Hopper;175767 said:
Kane Hoskins has dumped Shepp/SYC to sign with Karra.

I wonder where this leaves the club considering they didnt win a game last season

They are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back