Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

Big Fella;222459 said:
The Gledhill boys have apparently signed at Katamitite in the Murray League

Thats big news and surprises me. I had assumed that Numurkah would be keen to bounce back from their surprise lost in last years Semi.

I thought that they were the only side last year that had any chance of beating Central Park. While their bowling wasnt great they had an excellant batting lineup. I assume this means Shane Collins will likely not return?

Any idea whats behind the move?

Big Fella;222459 said:
The Gledhill boys have apparently signed at Katamitite in the Murray League

Did they get offered alot of money??? Surely they wouldn just up and leave the club they have belonged to nearly their entire cricketing career???

I am sure there would be a few dollars for the Gledhill boys, but I would think there must have been more to it that just $$. Without those two, the pommy and probably Collins, you would expect Numurkah to slide down the ladder a few rungs. Will be interesting to who is appointed captain.

Bryan Vance pulled the pin on travelling back to play football this season, so that may mean he will continue to travel for cricket.

Old Hopper;227319 said:
I am sure there would be a few dollars for the Gledhill boys, but I would think there must have been more to it that just $$. Without those two, the pommy and probably Collins, you would expect Numurkah to slide down the ladder a few rungs. Will be interesting to who is appointed captain.

Bryan Vance pulled the pin on travelling back to play football this season, so that may mean he will continue to travel for cricket.

did you mean he won't travel or will travel, cos if he won't travel for footy surely he won't travel for cricket.

mickas will win it anyway. there batting line up is to strong.

Sainter;228453 said:
did you mean he won't travel or will travel, cos if he won't travel for footy surely he won't travel for cricket.

mickas will win it anyway. there batting line up is to strong.

I thought it may mean that he would come back for cricket as he will have had 6 months rest from the travel. It was a big ask to travel back for both cricket and footy.

I agree that the Mickas will again be hard to beat, specially when as far as I have heard they have picked up Tim Kelly and only lost one player at this stage.

Big News about the Gledhills leaving Numurkah

Think Numurkah will struggle with the loss of the 2 Gledhills an
especially will most likely lose Collins, Howden i reckon 2

United look just about shot i reckon without Vance, wouldn't think Barlow will come back either especially now playing footy in the VFL. Vidler is holding SYC up!

Think that Katandra will be the big improvers if they can keep all player youngests from last year or don't lose many, they have a very talented squad out there just need abit of expereince

Mickas still look the goods to me
Have some good kids coming through as well! Who have the they lost?
Only heard that Tim Kelly is back so far!

Haven't heard much else besides what is already posted on the other clubs anyone else got some news on arrivals, departures an going ons!

Can anyone tell me if the shep comp play bendigo & melbourne country weeks?

Any news of any overseas players this season?

BGL1982;231891 said:
Can anyone tell me if the shep comp play bendigo & melbourne country weeks?

Any news of any overseas players this season?

The SCA has been a bit hit and miss with Country Weeks lately. They only played at Bendigo last year, and didnt play at either the year before.

Gino Saracino and a a couple of others made a real effort last season to get rep cricket going again. I think after last years success at Bendigo they will at least return and hopefully will also look at going to Melbourne.

The SCA also plays McPherson shield which is played between neighboring associations, Kyabram, Murray Valley, Campaspe and Seymour.

Havent heard of any clubs signing any overseas players, I know Old Students were looking into it.

Old Hopper;232041 said:
The SCA has been a bit hit and miss with Country Weeks lately. They only played at Bendigo last year, and didnt play at either the year before.

Gino Saracino and a a couple of others made a real effort last season to get rep cricket going again. I think after last years success at Bendigo they will at least return and hopefully will also look at going to Melbourne.

The SCA also plays McPherson shield which is played between neighboring associations, Kyabram, Murray Valley, Campaspe and Seymour.

Havent heard of any clubs signing any overseas players, I know Old Students were looking into it.

Have heard that Katandra have got a pommy bloke coming out this season is the only overseas bloke i have heard that is coming so far

just outside off;232334 said:
Have heard that Katandra have got a pommy bloke coming out this season is the only overseas bloke i have heard that is coming so far

Yeah i think they might be, as its me who's coming over, just tying a few lose ends up over here, was just being nosy about the rep cricket as had 2 succesful seasons in the murray valley with yarroweyah united & enjoyed bendigo & melbourne country weeks...

BGL1982;232359 said:
Yeah i think they might be, as its me who's coming over, just tying a few lose ends up over here, was just being nosy about the rep cricket as had 2 succesful seasons in the murray valley with yarroweyah united & enjoyed bendigo & melbourne country weeks...

So will you dominate???

Sainter;232627 said:
So will you dominate???

hehe i wish mate, i can play & play at a decent standard but there are so many talented cricketers out there & it only takes one ball to get out, im not making any predictions..i would look a proper ass wouldnt i....assuming i get out there..one thing after another keeps coming up..lookin forward to it though @|

Winaflag;232812 said:
what price mooroopna the haisman shield?
because the mickas can't keep winning forever!?

The way they are going I cant see anyone really challenging the Mickas this season. I am not a gambling man as such so couldnt give odds, but these would be my lines in regards to betting.

What do others think?

Central Park/St Brendans Odds on

First Line
Karramomous (disappointed last season, will improve)
Old Students (just keep making finals)

Second Line
Kialla (Look to be taking a step back, Turner not playing, Smith retired, no captain as yet)
Mooroopna (inconsistant, batting is their major issue)
Katandra (took a big step forward last season, will continue to improve)

Third Line
Tatura (should improve with a couple of recruits and a better draw)

Fouth Line
United (rely completed on Vidler, no guarantee that Vance will return)
Numurkah (have lost half their side Gledhills, Hampshire, Collins and possible Howden and Brown)

Old Hopper;232885 said:
The way they are going I cant see anyone really challenging the Mickas this season. I am not a gambling man as such so couldnt give odds, but these would be my lines in regards to betting.

What do others think?

Central Park/St Brendans Odds on

First Line
Karramomous (disappointed last season, will improve)
Old Students (just keep making finals)

Second Line
Kialla (Look to be taking a step back, Turner not playing, Smith retired, no captain as yet)
Mooroopna (inconsistant, batting is their major issue)
Katandra (took a big step forward last season, will continue to improve)

Third Line
Tatura (should improve with a couple of recruits and a better draw)

Fouth Line
United (rely completed on Vidler, no guarantee that Vance will return)
Numurkah (have lost half their side Gledhills, Hampshire, Collins and possible Howden and Brown)

Vance is gone.

brown will be playing for numurkah, i heard a whisper regarding r.yze who is off to Nathalia to coach, good coin.

ronaldo23;233226 said:
brown will be playing for numurkah, i heard a whisper regarding r.yze who is off to Nathalia to coach, good coin.

thats interesting I had heard Fire Brigade were going to have a crack at him.

Also heard on the weekend that Hart was heading to Yarroweyah and that Ahmet may not play.

Personally I doubt that all three will leave, but if so they will leave a big hole.

the pommy that was going to katandra has jumped ship, and not playing with them after all the work they did organising him a house and work.

ronaldo23;233412 said:
the pommy that was going to katandra has jumped ship, and not playing with them after all the work they did organising him a house and work.

Where has he gone?? and why?? He posted on this thread a few days ago.

Maybe he himself can answer???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back