Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

Sainter;233490 said:
Where has he gone?? and why?? He posted on this thread a few days ago.

Maybe he himself can answer???

Doesnt surprise me, I have been involved in organising overseas players and this happens quite often. There are a lot more clubs looking than players available and the players will be talking to more than 1 club at a time. Often they pull out at the last minute because they get a better offer elsewhere.

I have even had players arrive in the country then decide to play elsewhere.

Katandra have had this happen before, they had a pommy a couple of years ago who made it to Katandra but then left because his mate found him a better offer in Mildura.

Tatura have had a few good overseas players over the years but have also had just as many pull out or do a runner.

Old Hopper;233393 said:
thats interesting I had heard Fire Brigade were going to have a crack at him.

Also heard on the weekend that Hart was heading to Yarroweyah and that Ahmet may not play.

Personally I doubt that all three will leave, but if so they will leave a big hole.

If this is all true Central Park will be abit depleted this year!
If Losing Ahmet, Doyle, Hart, and Yze
And with Kenna, Peter Holland, MacQueen and Larkin all another year older

They should be pushing through some younger players, playing there B grade last year they were a fairly talented team at least 6 or so could play A grade at another club i feel
Still think that Yze will stay though and Hart wouldn't leave!

With the overseas player Katandra would be spewing after setting him up with a house and a job!
Apperently he has headed back to Yarraweyah
Have most clubs started training yet?

I can confirm i am heading back to yarroweyah.. for personal reasons & dont really want it open to the forum.. have kept in full contact with katandra & said there were things that needed sorting before i committed..so i was never 100%..even stated that on my previous posts & also offered to try & help them get another english guy if they wanted...Im not a pommy who up & leaves (2 previous seasons at Yarroweyah, no other club!).... I try to be loyal & faithful to people who are the same with me...I even got YUCC there Pom last season...pls dont tarnish us all with the same brush..I wouldn't condone anyone up & leaving when they get to a club..having dealt with overseas from Aus/SA/NZ in England i know how difficult the process is..Apologies if ive annoyed or upset anyone there...

Wish everyone in shep the best for the season.. HOPE katandra kick your ass :) & maybe get some mcpherson shield action against you guys...

I can confirm i am heading back to yarroweyah.. for personal reasons & dont really want it open to the forum.. have kept in full contact with katandra & said there were things that needed sorting before i committed..so i was never 100%..even stated that on my previous posts & also offered to try & help them get another english guy if they wanted...Im not a pommy who up & leaves (2 previous seasons at Yarroweyah, no other club!).... I try to be loyal & faithful to people who are the same with me...I even got YUCC there Pom last season...pls dont tarnish us all with the same brush..I wouldn't condone anyone up & leaving when they get to a club..having dealt with overseas from Aus/SA/NZ in England i know how difficult the process is..Apologies if ive annoyed or upset anyone there...

Wish everyone in shep the best for the season.. HOPE katandra kick your ass :) & maybe get some mcpherson shield action against you guys... ;)

BGL1982;233613 said:

Wish everyone in shep the best for the season.. HOPE katandra kick your ass :) & maybe get some mcpherson shield action against you guys... ;)

So do you know if yarroweyah has picked up anyone from the Shepp comp?

I see in todays Shepp News that Matt Crawley is heading down to Melbourne to try his luck at District Cricket.

Great to see someone having a crack at a higher level and best of luck to him.

Old Hopper;233672 said:
I see in todays Shepp News that Matt Crawley is heading down to Melbourne to try his luck at District Cricket.

Great to see someone having a crack at a higher level and best of luck to him.

I heard he was going to Carlton. Question begs whether he will have the discipline to abide by the professionalism. That includes little things like wearing the training uniform, being at the game at the time told.

Was he apporached or did he just decide to give it a crack??

Old Hopper;233670 said:
So do you know if yarroweyah has picked up anyone from the Shepp comp?

Not as far as ive heard mate, i dont think so...only guys who have jumped ship to the valley are the gledhills

Sainter;233693 said:
I heard he was going to Carlton. Question begs whether he will have the discipline to abide by the professionalism. That includes little things like wearing the training uniform, being at the game at the time told.

Was he apporached or did he just decide to give it a crack??

Newspaper quoted him as saying that the Carlton coach had invited him down and that he has already been travelling down for training once a week.

I heard that yarroweyah are not filling their A grade this year, and Burrows is coming all the way from Pommy land to play A reserve, thats gotta hurt the poor old Katandra lads.

Definatly would hurt katandra if that is true

Anyone know any other player movements?
And recruits coming to cricket shepparton this season?

just outside off;234056 said:
Definatly would hurt katandra if that is true

Anyone know any other player movements?
And recruits coming to cricket shepparton this season?

Yeah it does. Particularly when we did so much work getting him a house, spending money on it to furnish it, getting a car for him and his missus and also arranging work for the both of them.
And then he tells us that he couldn't get a visa to get over here. Next day we find out he has signed with Yarroweyah for 3 years.
We just don't have any luck with poms.:mad:

Having Fun;234113 said:
Yeah it does. Particularly when we did so much work getting him a house, spending money on it to furnish it, getting a car for him and his missus and also arranging work for the both of them.
And then he tells us that he couldn't get a visa to get over here. Next day we find out he has signed with Yarroweyah for 3 years.
We just don't have any luck with poms.:mad:

About a month to the season kicks off now!

How is all the sides shaping up?

Anyone want to make some predictions on the season?
Premiers?
Lightfoot?
Players to watch out for?
Biggest Improvers?

just outside off;235028 said:
About a month to the season kicks off now!

How is all the sides shaping up?

Anyone want to make some predictions on the season?
Premiers?
Lightfoot?
Players to watch out for?
Biggest Improvers?

Its hard to make many predictions as most clubs have only just started training and apart from the Gledhills moving to Katamatite and Crowley to Melbourne there is not a lot of reliable news on whats happening.

Plenty of rumours as usual but as far as I can tell there arent many new recruits coming into the comp.

Old Hopper;235182 said:
Its hard to make many predictions as most clubs have only just started training and apart from the Gledhills moving to Katamatite and Crowley to Melbourne there is not a lot of reliable news on whats happening.

Plenty of rumours as usual but as far as I can tell there arent many new recruits coming into the comp.

Has gone very quite on here!
Anyone got any news? Must be something happening?

My Predictions are:
Premiers- Karra or Central Park

Lightfoot-Rama Yze Central Park or Keady Again have to go for an Allrounder

Players to watch out for- Any off Katandra young guns they are all talented players! and some of the Central Park boys if they step up an get a go in A grade have alot of kids playing B grade last season and
Josh McDonald from Karra good bat and awesome wicketkeeper!

Biggest Improvers- Katandra think a good chance to make finals

What is everyone's view on the 20-20 competition that is continuing again for another year? Does it invoke any more interest in the competition for spectators?

What is everyone's view on the 20-20 competition that is continuing again for another year? Does it invoke any more interest in the competition for spectators?

Yes it a good spectators sport, even playing that competition is a good laugh and having a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back