Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

premiers07_08;236750 said:
What is everyone's view on the 20-20 competition that is continuing again for another year? Does it invoke any more interest in the competition for spectators?

Was trying to get more interest for this years 20/20 comp. I may put forward to our committee next year to approach the SCA to have more 20/20 like a round robin rather than a knockout. Last year our game at Tatura Park on Thursday night under lights brought in the biggest cricket crowd I have seen at this standard. Lots of young kids and families who you don't see at Saturday afternoon games. Big potential there. The relocated lights from Deakin to Howley Oval look like they could be great for night cricket. I am having a meeting next week to try and organise an in house competition at Tatura from Thursday night 1st Jan through to Sat night 3rd or even Sun 4th Jan. Have had a few clubs shown some interest from around the GV/North East through my various contacts.

If your club maybe interested in competing in something like this please contact me. :)

Gee its gone very quite on here!
Looks like most clubs haven't really picked up any new players!
A week to the season gets under way cant wait!

Well... what a way to start the year...overcast skies threats of rain. Lets hope we get out there. :D

All cricket is still on... Except Karramomous and Mooroopna A-grade... New ground struggled with wet weather. (Plus they get three points off the top of the season)!!

Round 1 04/10/08 results:

A Grade Tatura 9/191 (P.Watt 80) def Numurkah 128. Old Students 2/115 def SYCU 66. Katandra 7/128 def Kialla 111(A.White 4/22). Mooroopna drew Karramomus

B Grade Kialla 4/202 def Katandra 125. Toolamba 198 def Tatura 7/145 (J.Pyke 52). Old Students 164 (K.Uebergang 66) def Northerners 162. Karramomus 5/177 (J.Ibbotson 69) def Mooroopna 7/162. Central Park drew SYCU.

C Grade Central Park 8/163 def Invergordon 142. Mooroopna 5/184 def Kialla 9/149. Dookie 7/202 def Old Students 35 (R.Maloney 6/7). Toolamba 6/145 def Karramomus 103 (G.Houldcroft 5/16). Pine Lodge 189 (S.Van Taarling 74) def Tatura 66.

Well done to all winning teams and personal achievements of over 50 runs and 4 wickets......:):)

Tatsean;269696 said:
Round 1 04/10/08 results:

A Grade Tatura 9/191 (P.Watt 80) def Numurkah 128. Old Students 2/115 def SYCU 66. Katandra 7/128 def Kialla 111(A.White 4/22). Mooroopna drew Karramomus

B Grade Kialla 4/202 def Katandra 125. Toolamba 198 def Tatura 7/145 (J.Pyke 52). Old Students 164 (K.Uebergang 66) def Northerners 162. Karramomus 5/177 (J.Ibbotson 69) def Mooroopna 7/162. Central Park drew SYCU.

C Grade Central Park 8/163 def Invergordon 142. Mooroopna 5/184 def Kialla 9/149. Dookie 7/202 def Old Students 35 (R.Maloney 6/7). Toolamba 6/145 def Karramomus 103 (G.Houldcroft 5/16). Pine Lodge 189 (S.Van Taarling 74) def Tatura 66.

Well done to all winning teams and personal achievements of over 50 runs and 4 wickets......:):)

Any suprises in A grade week 1?

cant bowl cant throw;269847 said:
how long til ibbo will crack a grade

cant bowl cant throw; Ibbo was actually selected in A-grade, however with that match being "washed out" and karra's B-grade side only having 9 selected players on Friday night, they brought quite a few back to play B-grade. So I would think that all things being equal he should be back up in A's this week!! Hope that helps mate! :cool:

Yeah we(northerners) had a good game in b grade
couple of catches were dropped costly drops

Katandra was a surprise to me to win

Northerners08;269995 said:
Yeah we(northerners) had a good game in b grade
couple of catches were dropped costly drops

Katandra was a surprise to me to win

y was it a suprise katandra won had a good side in

BigggHiter;270036 said:
y was it a suprise katandra won had a good side in

I agree Katandra made some big improvements last season and were actually in the four for a lot of last season.

Numurkah look like they have a long season in front of them, which is not surprising after losing nearly all their stars. They will certainly be hoping that Mark Brown decides to pad up.

SSYC would be disappointed with there first game even though they were caught on a sticky wicket and I am sure they will improve.

One question, why was Matt Crawley playing in B Grade? Surely association rules regarding dropping A Grade players to B Grade would apply?

Old Hopper;270536 said:
I agree Katandra made some big improvements last season and were actually in the four for a lot of last season.

Numurkah look like they have a long season in front of them, which is not surprising after losing nearly all their stars. They will certainly be hoping that Mark Brown decides to pad up.

SSYC would be disappointed with there first game even though they were caught on a sticky wicket and I am sure they will improve.

One question, why was Matt Crawley playing in B Grade? Surely association rules regarding dropping A Grade players to B Grade would apply?

dunno y crawley playing b grade i thought he went to play in melbourne

Old Hopper;270536 said:

Old Hopper; Crawley has been listed as departing the club for Carlton (don't quote me on it) in Premier Cricket... There is no rule from what I can see in the Rules and Regualtions 2008/2009 of Cricket Shepparton... and being the first match of a new season players can be chopped and changed. I know it didnt make sense to me either when I first saw it. So needless to say either someone from CS or Students needs to do some explaining!!:confused:

premiers07_08;270630 said:
Crawley has something wrong with his foot, couldn't run and only bowled a few overs of spin.

Yeah have heard that he might be staying now as his ankle/foot is no good so is just coming off the short run an sending them down in b grade

I reckon he could do that in A grade a still be a hard bowler to face

Under the counter;270764 said:
Any under the counter deals being done ?????

If your are talking money I doubt it very much.

You could assume the Gledhills went to Katamatite for a few $$. Cant think of many playing in Shepp who would be on money.

It great to see we are getting some more people on board with this forum.

My tips for A Grade this week are

Central Park over Moroopna less than 50 runs
Karra over Numurkah more than 60 runs
Katandra over SSYC by 20 runs
Tatura over Kialla in a very close one

Old Hopper; My tips for the second round of matches this weekend are:

Mooroopna to beat Central Park/St Brendan's by 1 wicket
Tatura over Kialla (they will be the big improvers in my book along with Katandra)
Karramomus by plenty over Numurkah (will get rolled cheaply)
And, Andrew White to bowl Katandra to victory with a five-for over S&YCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back