Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

Sainter;273484 said:
Is stevo bowling quick, or was it a dodgy wicket at Tat??

Bowling quite quick. Quickest we've faced in a while. Don't know how long he'll last though. Says his knees aren't feeling real flash hot. Reckons he might just bowl first change in the two day games and just try to bowl line and length off the short run.

Having Fun;273494 said:
Bowling quite quick. Quickest we've faced in a while. Don't know how long he'll last though. Says his knees aren't feeling real flash hot. Reckons he might just bowl first change in the two day games and just try to bowl line and length off the short run.

He will be right, especially if you win games. Do you reckon it will be a grudge match against the students??

Sainter;273796 said:
What was the reason why he didn't want to play with the students???

Is there a rift?? if so what did it stem from??

He could be looking forward to playing against his ex captain.

Sainter;273484 said:
Is stevo bowling quick, or was it a dodgy wicket at Tat??

Tats wickets are pretty good. With an attack of McCallum and Stevens, I would think they would be making them as hard and as fast as possible.

i think you might find the rift has nothing to do with the ex captain but a former player and greg. You may need to source that information before posting. Gino and Greg get along fine.

vintage;274231 said:
i think you might find the rift has nothing to do with the ex captain but a former player and greg. You may need to source that information before posting. Gino and Greg get along fine.

All i said is that he is looking forward to playing against him. Straight out of the horses mouth.

Alright People... Tips for this round of matches:

Mooroopna to beat United by 5 wickets
Central Park/St. Brendan's to beat Students
Kialla to win comfortably over Numurkah
And... Katandra.... just over Karra

In the Twenty20... Mpna over the two side combine (Toolamba/Northerners)
and the three side combine (Dookie/Pine Lodge/Invergordan) over Numurkah

CatVictory;274860 said:
Alright People... Tips for this round of matches:

Mooroopna to beat United by 5 wickets
Central Park/St. Brendan's to beat Students
Kialla to win comfortably over Numurkah
And... Katandra.... just over Karra

In the Twenty20... Mpna over the two side combine (Toolamba/Northerners)
and the three side combine (Dookie/Pine Lodge/Invergordan) over Numurkah

20/20 Update.
Numurkah won by 8 runs and T./N. won by 36 runs...and last week Waaia def Karra by 6 runs....The first game saw CPSTB def Old Students by 5 wickets.

2 games to go to finish off round 1. My Predictions are Tat to defeat Kialla and Katandra to defeat SYCU. :D

Do use think that Karra are the team to beat this year???
They now have the best batting line up in the comp when they are on song

lefty;276608 said:
Do use think that Karra are the team to beat this year???
They now have the best batting line up in the comp when they are on song

No I think Central Park/St Brendans are still the team to beat. Karra would be the main challenger at this stage. I tipped them at the start of last season to go close, this was based on their semi final finish the year before plus the inclusion of kane Hoskins. Unfortunately a terrible start to the season meant they missed the finals.

Karra have started well this season and have added a couple of players in another sidebottom and Chilcott is back playing. The only concern I have is that they always seem to have players missing games. If they can keep their team on the park all season then they will be a chance.

After that I think there are probably 3 or 4 sides who could fill positions 3 and 4 in the finals.

Well... Am i going to early in saying that the wheels have fallen off at Katandra?? Pretty hefty loss... wonder if Wright is able to swing the axe!!

Although, it was against United... Mpna looking good second half of year if they can get their batting right!!

Students would be disappointed with their collapse against the combine... apparently their is a bit happening off field their as well... can't field a c-grade side!

And Numurkah will struggle for the rest of the year i think... No bowlers... kids arent ready to play senior cricket... B-grade got convicingly outright! No Good...

Thoughts, anyone??

CatVictory;277713 said:
Well... Am i going to early in saying that the wheels have fallen off at Katandra?? Pretty hefty loss... wonder if Wright is able to swing the axe!!

Although, it was against United... Mpna looking good second half of year if they can get their batting right!!

Students would be disappointed with their collapse against the combine... apparently their is a bit happening off field their as well... can't field a c-grade side!

And Numurkah will struggle for the rest of the year i think... No bowlers... kids arent ready to play senior cricket... B-grade got convicingly outright! No Good...

Thoughts, anyone??

Yes that is a big loss for Katandra but Karra are a genuine contender, I think Katandra will bounce back.

Mooroopna did have a big win but it is only their 1st win, as you say it was only SSYC and their B Grade also lost outright.

Old Students only being able to field 2 sides is a big worry for the comp as I think they had 4 sides last year.

I think you are right saying Numurkah will struggle but I think they have a future as a lot of their kids are quite young and are showing a bit of potential.

What it all adds up to is a big gap between the top and bottom.

CPSTB and possibly Karra on top

Numurkah and SYC at the bottom

The rest in between.

Old Hopper;277760 said:
Yes that is a big loss for Katandra but Karra are a genuine contender, I think Katandra will bounce back.
Played at katandra in the morning and said katandra would not be able to make 100 on that pitch. Pitch had a lot in it for bowlers. So maybe a bit early to rite off their season.

Is the top four locked in for this year with:
Central park
Karra
Students
Kialla

or do you think maybe katandra or mooroopna can steal fourth spot

lefty;278663 said:
Is the top four locked in for this year with:
Central park
Karra
Students
Kialla

or do you think maybe katandra or mooroopna can steal fourth spot

I think you are a bit quick off the mark. For starters Students arent in the four as yet and have only won 1 game!

Wait and see for a few more rounds yet, Numurkah and SYC are the only 2 clubs that I would be willing to write off as far as the top 4 goes at this stage.

Old Hopper;278765 said:
I think you are a bit quick off the mark. For starters Students arent in the four as yet and have only won 1 game!

Wait and see for a few more rounds yet, Numurkah and SYC are the only 2 clubs that I would be willing to write off as far as the top 4 goes at this stage.

I would have to agree Old Hopper... alot can change but those two sides are shot no two ways about it. Talking with a few Mpna players who outrighted Numurkah B-grade, there is a lot of work to do up there. They only had 10players for the match and alot of the side was filled with young kids who really struggled (being bowled out for 46 in the second innings highlights this.)

Mind you I think we can keep speculating as we will (more than likely) have the first week of these games washed out... at this point in time, Shepparton has had 28mm of rain, with Tatura 20mm and more likely to come during the night!! So keep the covers on and call it off.

No surprises from the weekends round of A Grade scores.

I see Gringo has played the last two games in B Grade whats going on there Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back