Shoulder Pain (please Help!!)

Mubarak Zeb

Hi, Hope you guys are well..

I am a leg spinner with good average. At the start of the current season back in April, I was playing in a friendly warmup match and my shoulder started cramping when I released the ball. I wasn't too concerned as the pain would settle after a few deliveries. Now, the pain is so worse that I couldn't bowl a single delivery last week and the first time in my career I was dropped because of injury.

I have been to 2 physios and both of them after checking my right shoulder, they say the back of the shoulder which is called "trapezius muscle" is damaged and my arm is doing all the work, for this reason my arm is cramping. I have tried, ice, KT tapes, Voltaral, Naproxen tablets and Paracetomol, but none of them are helping.

Has anyone else had such an injury? If yes, can you please suggest a treatment?

Many Thanks!!

I am a leg spinner with good average. At the start of the current season back in April, I was playing in a friendly warmup match and my shoulder started cramping when I released the ball. I wasn't too concerned as the pain would settle after a few deliveries. Now, the pain is so worse that I couldn't bowl a single delivery last week and the first time in my career I was dropped because of injury.

I have been to 2 physios and both of them after checking my right shoulder, they say the back of the shoulder which is called "trapezius muscle" is damaged and my arm is doing all the work, for this reason my arm is cramping. I have tried, ice, KT tapes, Voltaral, Naproxen tablets and Paracetomol, but none of them are helping.

Many Thanks!!
Liz Ward will be on here with some help with this, but I'm almost certain what she'll say first is... STOP BOWLING. You've not said anything about your age, which may have some bearing on the advice, but, having had shoulder problems myself, it did come down to basically taking a whole month off and allowing it to recover. Have the physio's not said a similar thing?

Many Thanks!!

Hi,
As Dave said, any more information would really help. The '...back of the shoulder which is called "trapezius muscle" is damaged...' is far too vague! Can you say exactly where the pain is, how it happened and how the pain feels?

Back