simplyCricket - now, then and a little in the future.

mas cambios

simplyCricket - now, then and a little in the future.

Seeing as we have revamped the 'blog' section in an attempt to make it a bit more user friendly, I thought I'd start the new section off by reinstating the simplyCricket admin news. Yes, I know that this isn't strictly talking cricket but it is talking simplyCricket, and anyway, it's my site! :p

As most of you will be aware we have recently increased the number of staff on the site to 7, made up of the 2 existing admin and 5 additional members of the new 'Team sC' group. Though initially reluctant to have too many 'mods' hanging around the place, we also recognise the need to move the forum onwards and without these extra pairs of hands, it would be a very slow and laborious process. The new peeps bring a range of skills with them (we hope :eek:) and we think they'll really be an asset to the site.

So, what can you expect in the coming months? Well, the truth is that I'm not 100% sure at the moment. A lot of things that AB and myself planned have been placed on the backburner due to outside issues (exams, work, cricket); also we have been taking advantage of the new brains and asking them what they would like to see. This has led to some interesting ideas being thrown up and such being added to the melting pot. As we work things fully out, I'll post more about them in here.

One change that is most definitely in the pipeline, is a site revamp. You may have already noticed the temporary change to the banner, which we'll be changing again very shortly. We are also looking to bring in further forum enhancement on the boards, to help us serve you better and hopefully make the site more user friendly and a bit more fun with a stronger sense of community. There will also be a lick of paint and in due time some more pages and content added for you to browse.

Well, I think that covers everything for now and anything that I've missed I'll add when I think of it.

Re: simplyCricket - now, then and a little in the future.

This looks as though it's worked - seems to be a lot of people uploading new blog material and plenty of people having a look - there's some really good blogs in here and some of them are very well written and funny!

Yeah, we are very happy with the response it has gotten so far. Not many people had a look at blogs previously but they are getting a fair amount of views and comments now.

Just noticed that this is the 22222nd post at simplyCricket. :D

Lol, I'm not superstitious. Just happy with the progress we've made. Its taken us 8 months. Hopefully, the next 20000 odd posts will take 5 months.

Congrats Admin guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: for the development and good about the blog stuff.
Now it will be easy to update the blog in the forum itself.

Secondly; Can we have section like "Member's Photography Section" where each forum member can update it regularly with their taken photos or videos- Cricketing or personal.
Do you feel it will be good?

Hi Virender,

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking at ways to increase the 'personal' element of the site, including photos etc.

Changes are on the way which will hopefully bring in a raft of improvements, but I won't put a time frame down as it'll only come back to bite me!

Indeed, changes are on their way, and I believe it will be sorted by the end of this month but cant guarantee anything.

Time to update this I guess. Not a great deal to add as a lot of stuff is work in progress and going slow due to outside commitments.

AB is still working on the new forum design, held up a little due to some niggles with different browsers, errant code and having to build a new computer and get it working. It is coming along, but we want to make it look nice, be user friendly and most of all work on as many platforms as possible.

I'm working on one or two things, which rely on the above being sorted, but once we have the finished designed, things will move quickly as a lot of the ground work has been done.

In terms of the forum, that is going ok. We have a lot of the things added that we wanted to and it all seems to be working nicely. The arcade will have more games added once we find some good ones and the vBookie system will continue to grow we hope. There will be more things added in time, but anyone who is familiar with vBulletin software will realise just how many add-ons are out there!

Lastly, you may also have noticed the Amazon bar up the top of the board. If you're going to buy something from there, then please consider going through that link. Anything that we make from ads goes back into the board and to trying to help you! In an ideal world we wouldn't have to have any advertising but we need to pay hosting costs etc, and every little helps.

Until next time!

Back