Slow Delivery question

abhiscenter

Slow Delivery question

Hey guys,
When I am bowling a Slow ball, what should i keep in mind as in line and length. and what should i aim for? bowled, caught, or something else!
please do help me if possible.
Thanks

Re: Slow Delivery question

Slower ball's are the most trickey ball to disguse and to bowl well. I suggest you practice practice practice in the nets before taking it out onto the ground as they can go horribly wrong if bowled with little practice.

Usually when I am sending one down it is sent down as a full ball, aiming to bowl a yorker if I wasn't bowling a slower ball. It means the ball will land just short of a length and rise up perfect for the early drive, resulting in catches in the cover/straight region.

Aim to drive and get them caught or LBW.

A top notch slower ball is easily the most deadly ball in cricket

Ye when i bowl them i try get people caught at extra because they get under the ball or at midwicket, the hardest thing is trying to remember to bring your action through as normal as possible, rather then slowing your arms down due to fear of lacck of control. Oh and remeber to try over pitch it because you'll probaly drop it shorter.

Being a spinner; I have tryed the slower pace in between and it has paid rich dividends.
I have the batsmen in a spot of bother and i have got wickets as well.
But before bowling in matches it is advisable to practice it a lot in the nets and not attempting it in the matches until it comes naturally from your arm.
Practice in between your noraml pace delivery and use it in between to fox the batsmen if u use too much of the slower then batsmen will surely read it.

I bowl LAOS / slow-medium. I'm definitely not a bowler, have a bit of a trundle every so often. Because of this I want easy. The easiest way I find to bowl a slower ball is an intentionally slightly poorer grip. I use the same action, but I alter my grip slightly so less force gets imparted on the delivery.

Not a technical solution, and probably not good advice for a bowler (it's just my jobbed-up solution) but it works for me. I have less control over the ball, but I'm looking for a mistimed drive so if the ball is a bit loose it possibly even helps. The most important thing is that the pace is disguised, and not changing my action helps with that.

Best thing to do.

Read Batsman mind forgot about length & Line.

Deliver ball as late as possible so batsman irrtate.

For example a big hitter want to deliver balls him quickly if you deliver balls as let as possible he irritate.

Remember a GuruMantra "Cricket played in Mind then Ground"

Back