So, what do you think of the new BigCricket Forums?

What do you think of the new BigCricket Forums?

• Total voters
Well, in your post above my previous one you mention the leadership team of this site. The usual route is for people to become a moderator before anything else. Unfortunately, being a mod is not really my cup of tea. If you meant differently then feel free to expand, preferably via private message.

It seems moderators/administrators are the most conspicuous by their absence since the change of format here. Can anyone explain?
I can't really say the skin or layout have much impact on whether or not I make use of the site. I'd pretty much stick with it if it were plain text in black & white if the conversations were engaging. Sure, functionlity and appearance is important to some, and no doubt would assist in attracting new subscribers. To that end, the new format does seem curiously more restrictive than the old.
Again though, I lament the fact that there are many contributors who have dropped off, leaving scant few participants to the many discussion topics listed. For instance, the Big Bash final was played last night. I go to the KFC Big Bash thread to see what's being said ... nothing at all. Not a word for more than a week in fact!

It seems moderators/administrators are the most conspicuous by their absence since the change of format here. Can anyone explain?

I can't really explain where they have gone but I do get the feeling that the lack visible admin/mods is part of the problem. As you say, 90% of the site is dead with very few if any posts being made. What is needed is a hardcore of 10/20 posters to breath life back into the site. Sadly, I don't think that is likely to happen especially if things remain as they are with little to no leadership.

Facebooks to blame, it's the death of everything - education, big cricket, normality, marriages, privacy, face to face conversations, TV and reality.
wink.png

Back