South Africa v Zimbabwe 3nd ODI

C

cleazer

South Africa v Zimbabwe 3nd ODI

South Africa already won the series 2-0, they're just going to beat up on Zimbabwe today a third time for the fun of it.

South Africa chose to bat first, and got off to a start of 158/0 after 20 overs.
From there, they actually sped it up!

They finished 418/5.
Boucher finished 147 not out, his first ODI century, and he did it in grand style in only 44 balls, breaking the South African record.

Re: South Africa v Zimbabwe 3nd ODI

It will be interesting to see how Zimbabwe reply to that score. I'll cheer for them as one of the minnows and the underdogs in this game. Go!! Zim.

marlyminks;100007 said:
It will be interesting to see how Zimbabwe reply to that score.
Right. They have the choice of either trying to score 8 runs per over, or just trying to bat slowly to reach a score of 200 or something while lasting the full 50 overs.

They haven't a prayer of getting anywhere near a win today, so they may as well just try to last the 50 overs. And it looks like that's the path they've chosen. After 3 overs, it's 9/1.

9/1 after 3 overs, not a good start to try to last the 50

71/1 after 14
A decent enough start. No chance of winning, but they've got a shot at hitting 200.

now that's more like it. Go Zim! Go. it will be nice if they can reach 100 without additional lost, that will give them a boost.

seems like they're attacking more, if they could keep this up without loosing wickets, they may be able to surpass 200. At this point with 2 loses, i'll go all out.

85/1 after 19.5 overs looks like they would reach that 100 without any additional loss

after 24.1 overs they reached 100 without addtional loss. about half the overs completed, they may reach 200 after all,

Zim lost their 2nd wicket for 103 runs after 24.5 overs. Just when they were getting settled. Chibhabha is out for 46. A valiant effort on his part

120/2 after 28.4 overs Duffin on 46, Masakadza on 6

162/2 after 37.2 overs. Zim is slowly trying to reach 200. They only have 12.8 overs left to do it.

final score for Zim 247/4 after 49.6 overs. A hat trick for South Africa.

The match wasn't even close, but frankly I think Zimbabwe will at least feel happy that they reached a somewhat decent total. I'm sure they'd be quite pleased if they could reach something like 247/4 when they finally start playing test cricket again.

This needs to stop. Relinquish their ODI status. This is becoming beyond a joke.

To give up 418 runs is pathetic.

Ljp86;100186 said:
This needs to stop. Relinquish their ODI status. This is becoming beyond a joke.

To give up 418 runs is pathetic.

ooooohhh!! too bad for Zim. I guess this proves your point concerning the minnows not being in the world cup right!:eek:

Zimbabwe are a disgrace and should be kicked out of cricket until they get their best players back in.

147 off 68 is amazing however its against Zimbabwe so doesn't really count.

Back