spin - left arm around wicket

andyf

spin - left arm around wicket

hey i am a left arm spin bowler, i can consistently pitch the ball wherever i want on the pitch without hastle. Although i tend to bowl a good economy rate i struggle to take wickets and once a batsman gets his eye in against me it becomes almost impossible as it just becomes a constant bowl block situation (if im lucky ill get the odd lbw or an edge) . Does anyone have any advice on variation and taking wickets for a left arm around wicket bowler (although i tend to go over wicket to the left hander)

Re: spin - left arm around wicket

bowl over the wicket to the right hander!

i'm not sure whether you're bowling chinamen or orthodox finger, but...

either gives you the capacity to flight the ball away from the right hander, and move it back into/ away from him. immediately more dangerous!

the next obvious suggestion is changes of pace and flight. once you've got a pretty good idea of that, you can work on other variations- wronguns, toppies, arm balls, whatever.

i bowl chinamen, ive been playing cricket for about 7 years (im 17 now) its only been in the last few years that i have developed into a bowler before that i was a wicket keeper. I can bowl orthodox aswell as a varation delivery over the wicket but im still a bit rusty going over wicket so i tend to only go over wicket to a left hander or if i can pick up any weaknesses in the batsman where over wicket will improve my chances of a wicket.

If u want to bowl left arm Chinaman from around the wicket then observe the wicket keeper's toes for pitching the ball in line to the batsmen..
But if u are bowling orthodox left arm spin then watching the batsmen feet will help in pitching the ball.
The above mentioned scenario is when u are spinning the ball very much or u are getting turn from the wicket.

If Ur wicket is not helping Ur spin than I personally advise u to change Ur pace in between deliveries because that will confuse the batsmen and he will make a mistake which will gift u a wicket or in the other bowlers over.

Keep Ur main spin i.e. Chinaman or leg spin very strong and do not experiment too much on your spin bowling otherwise u may loose Ur original spin...
Spin bowling requires a lot of patience so if possible try to bowl to as many batsmen in the nets to develop Ur skills in nets..
If u still want more practice then do "spot bowling" with a teammate..

More and more "Practice" with "Patience" will develop Ur spin bowling...

Can u post a bowling video of Ur; shoot it from the front end.

Back