Struggling on the front foot.

Re: Struggling on the front foot.

thats wat looked a little weird.... instead of driving through the line... it looks like you poke at it.... just a thought :)

I defo moved my back foot before the ball was bowled, you cant really tell if when I moved my back foot because you dont know how fast the bowler was bowling or how far away he was....

and just because I dont make a big extravagant movement doesn't mean that I didnt hit it hard, (trust me on this one) when you put all your weight into the shot and have a high elbow and quick hands(batspeed) it goes like a rocket.

wannabekeeper said:
Instead of creating a new topic, i'll just post here ;)

I personally think that I have perfected the cover drive... :D

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/...ion=view&current=PerfectCoverDriveAntique.flv

The video doesn't do it justice ( bad angle , poor quality etc.) :cry

I know that I sound really bigheaded, but can you see any problems? :cool
If u could post a video batting in the nets would be helpful to understand it more better.

not poke at it.... but it doesnt look like a full blooded drive....... like virender said... if you could post a nets vid. it will b easier 2 see ;)

I pwned at bowling machine training today. Probably hit 2 sixes and 50 fours :p

Just a tip, get low and keep low, it helps a lot.

WBK, your shot wasn't a poke but it was just like a forward defense just a bit extended, and that won't make sure it goes to the boundary. If you go for the shot 100%, you will hit it hard even if it doesn't go exactly in the middle and if you edge it, it is a big chance of going over the slips.

WBK it looked as if you were giving it a strong push rather than a cover drive if you were cover driving the ball your
bat would have finished further up and it looked like you were a bit off balance in the follow-through..
But if it works for you then use it but you can work on judging the length as you worry about whether to go on the back foot or
front foot which in a match can cost you your wicket

Won't start a new thread for this (although I could) but I came across a neat little drill to help in getting forward.

Basically you put a rope about 1.5/2 metres out in front out you and then you practice stepping out to the rope, do without a bat at first. As you get better at it, add a bat and finally get someone to give throwdowns, aiming for the rope.

It helps your balance no end and gives you something to aim for when stepping out. Simple but worth a look.

I used to step out a long way but found I always hit through point, not down the ground and found it hard to hit around my pad on the legside. Now I don't step out so far and look to get my head over the ball and weight through it, I find it helps me hit it more often and harder. Just a thought that maybe stepping a long way isn't always the answer. Obvs, if you're having problems getting out to balls then that drill would be awesome though.

Back