Stuart Macgill

someblokecalleddave

I thought that I'd start of a Macgill page - discussion, links, videos, news etc what with the prospect of him possibly playing in the IPL.

“I'm proving to them that I can still cut it with the young blokes. I just wanted to see if I could keep together physically and once I ticked that box I thought 'hey, maybe it's worth my while'. Having played a couple of Twenty20 games now, I know I can do it. I don't get too sore. I know I can run around enough. It's worth a go,” said MacGill, who took 208 wickets from 44 Test matches".

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/macgill-nominates-himself-for-ipl5-players-auction/892241/

Yeah stuart mcgill is bowling well for the sixers at the moment. If warnie wasn't around he would of played alot more for australia as he was a very good leg spinner. He might get a contract in the IPL this year.

Yeah stuart mcgill is bowling well for the sixers at the moment. If warnie wasn't around he would of played alot more for australia as he was a very good leg spinner. He might get a contract in the IPL this year.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. I take it you're an Aussie? If you see any news over there re Macgill post a link on here for us?

Yeah will do. See how he goes in the big bash final this week. I'll keep you updated after they game to see how he went. Yeah lets hope he gets picked up by a team in the IPL as I'm a big fan.

Warne V Macgill
Warne: Strategic bowler, good variations, handy batsman, good economy rate (in tandem with Macgill, not so good economy rate).
Macgill: Strategic bowler, good variations (much better wrong'un than Warne), not a very good batsman, good economy rate (in tandem with Warne, far better economy rate).
Both Australian so it's all good :p

Not heard anything about him and the IPL but I think he's got a 50K contract for the new Bangladesh comp.

looks like he wasn't picked up by anyone in the IPL auction, don't know if he still can be don't know how that works. Looks like he's pulled out of the bangladesh premier league too due to "irregularities" in the auction.

All I'd like to say is that isn't it great to see a spinner not resort to a flat trajectory to succeed at T20? MacGill has barely changed his tactics and he's still kicking A.

Back