Subbies Thread

Ok,Allenkey,I'll have a crack at the team of the year,might be light years away but here goes,
Thorn-Caulfield
Love-Yarraville
Weeks-Kew
Rummans-Caulfield
McDonald-Williamstown Capt
Walker-Malvern
Perera-Noble Park
Hodges-Williamstown
Janoda-St Bernards
Jones-Melton
Pearson-Box Hill
A couple of these will be argued especially the W/K,Nightingale,Chamberlain,Damiano equally as good but you can only pick one,over to you boys.

Great crack. Good to see some interest in this as the holten night approaches. Here would be my TOTY in batting order:

Rummans - Caulfield
Love - Yarraville
Weeks - Kew
Thorne - Caulfield (Captain)
McDonald - Williamstown (Vice Captain)
Walker - Malvern
Perera - Noble Park
Nightingale - Bayswater
Janoda - St Bernards
Pearson - Box Hill
Jones - Melton

Very similar to Piston's but have opted for Nightingale as WK, Thorne as captain with McDonald vice. Will also mention a few players are stiff to miss out who had great seasons: Hodges, Kodoth, McGuiness, Wild, Rigby and O'Malley.

Think we'll see a very close val holten medal count this year. Weeks to win with Thorne a close second. Hope everyone is looking forward to the night

Great crack. Good to see some interest in this as the holten night approaches. Here would be my TOTY in batting order:

Rummans - Caulfield
Love - Yarraville
Weeks - Kew
Thorne - Caulfield (Captain)
McDonald - Williamstown (Vice Captain)
Walker - Malvern
Perera - Noble Park
Nightingale - Bayswater
Janoda - St Bernards
Pearson - Box Hill
Jones - Melton

Very similar to Piston's but have opted for Nightingale as WK, Thorne as captain with McDonald vice. Will also mention a few players are stiff to miss out who had great seasons: Hodges, Kodoth, McGuiness, Wild, Rigby and O'Malley.

Think we'll see a very close val holten medal count this year. Weeks to win with Thorne a close second. Hope everyone is looking forward to the night

Weeks apparently ineligible for Val due to suspension.

I'll take your TOTY except Wild in for Perera

Team of the Year squad of 24 named on Twitter & FB.

DcQP71VVAAArAAy.jpg:large

Interesting that one of the two winners of the medal wasn't picked in the team of the year.

When you actually take a step back and have a think about how the winner of the best player in the comp was not in the team of the year is quite laughable considering the executive would have selected the team of the year themselves and they would have already known that Mevan tied with Thorne for the best player in the comp.

Pretty sure there is an independent panel that pick the TOTY. Otherwise Mev would have been in. Noted on Twitter that Brighton are looking for a new coach. Seems their coach has gone to a premier club.

Back