Subbies Thread

No it doesn't but it does aid rich clubs in retaining players as many have mentioned. It will however prevent clubs from recruiting additional players that are close to 20 points and will create a more even playing field when good players leave clubs close to the 20 points with an inability to replace them.

Do tell on Brunswick dougie

With regards to Brun$wick, I have heard some news that a fellow team mate of a new recruit will be at the club this year but it will force Brun$wick to readjust their list in order to fit that player within the 20 points.

The result of that means a past recruit from another club has been advised his services at the club are not required anymore.

It's not a surprise to hear that only two clubs complained about the Points being reduced to 20. I think by my above post you already know who the first team is but I will leave it to the forum to have a think about who the second team was to complain.

With regards to Brun$wick, I have heard some news that a fellow team mate of a new recruit will be at the club this year but it will force Brun$wick to readjust their list in order to fit that player within the 20 points.

The result of that means a past recruit from another club has been advised his services at the club are not required anymore.

It's not a surprise to hear that only two clubs complained about the Points being reduced to 20. I think by my above post you already know who the first team is but I will leave it to the forum to have a think about who the second team was to complain.

Collingwood FC? (plenty valley)

It was Noble Park. I think they may have been arguing the case on behalf of their client (Plenty Valley) though!

Just a quick question to gauge peoples views on the matter, with the points system now down to 20, does it really matter how much a team pays to their players? In the end, if you can afford these players and they fit in the allocated points structure, it's fair play in my view.

Also, some news might be brewing down Brun$wick way and it's the sort of news that may ruffle a few feathers around the competition.

I am yet to be convinced all clubs can afford to be at 20 points. In any event, the moneyed clubs are at an advantage because, when money is no object, they can attract the best of the best.

Caulfield and Brunswick both near unbackable. Surprise surprise that they're likely the two riche$t club$!

Brun$wick will be extremely hard to beat once their new recruit gets unveiled.

The only way they will get beat is if their sphincter tightens up like it did last year.

I am yet to be convinced all clubs can afford to be at 20 points. In any event, the moneyed clubs are at an advantage because, when money is no object, they can attract the best of the best.

Most clubs would be well under 20 points IMO and I would have a guess and say it would be around 70% of clubs that would be around the 15-17 point range and Caulfield would be one those teams that are on 15-17 and quite easily.

If clubs can be at 20 points and still stay afloat, I say well played but be careful that it doesn't come back to bite you in the ...

Back