Subbies Thread

Matt Love now the coach of Greenvale in PC
Be prepared for a few Yarraville players to go with him
Massive loss for them
Huge loss. Wont be just Yarraville players that go with him either, guessing he'll be after 1 or 2 other subbies players in the area. Could lose some depth across the west group

He'll be a big loss alright,but seriously I can't see any Yarraville players breaking their necks to go with him,are there any players good enough to have a crack at Premier,maybe young Turner perhaps but that's about it.
Greenvale hardly a destination club,more a struggler.

He'll be a big loss alright,but seriously I can't see any Yarraville players breaking their necks to go with him,are there any players good enough to have a crack at Premier,maybe young Turner perhaps but that's about it.
Greenvale hardly a destination club,more a struggler.

Gives opportunity for guys to extend themselves at the best level rather than being a good player at Subbies level
If you are a 19/20 yo at Yarraville, and playing 1s, you make the move straight away.
On another note, Interesting that Thorne has signed for another two years, would have thought with 3 Val's in the pocket, he has done all he can at this level and would give premier another crack, some teams crying out for a guy of his ability with both bat & ball or maybe the Pond is too big in PC?

Gives opportunity for guys to extend themselves at the best level rather than being a good player at Subbies level
If you are a 19/20 yo at Yarraville, and playing 1s, you make the move straight away.
On another note, Interesting that Thorne has signed for another two years, would have thought with 3 Val's in the pocket, he has done all he can at this level and would give premier another crack, some teams crying out for a guy of his ability with both bat & ball or maybe the Pond is too big in PC?
His premier record was never outstanding

Correct!! But he would now have a better understanding of his overall skills plus better mental application.
Probably right. He would not have been very old in his stint at PC. It also depends on what he values more. Substantial pay packet and likely success in subbies, as well as the big fish aspect. Or would you want small or no pay packet, huge expectations, ups and downs and weekends lost? Easy answer imo if you are 30(?) years old.

The announcement on 15 May 2018 by CV of the signing of a "heads of agreement" by CSB, SECA and ISEC was probably no surprise to subbies clubs in the Bayside region, but the CV announcement on 17 May 2018 of the formation of a " North West Collaborative Group" may not yet be so well known in subbies circles -- hence the main reason for this post. I have to wonder if these initiatives will make it harder for the subbies to increase its numbers to 32 clubs. It seems to me logical that VTCA clubs in the North West will now be inclined to adopt a "wait and see" approach. Interestingly, one of the clubs I thought would have been a target for the subbies, Yarraville Club, has a member on the 12 member Collaborative Group. Other clubs I would have put on the short-list for approach by the subbies, Keilor and Strathmore, also have reps on the Group.

Back