Suggest a name??? :D

SpinWizard99

Suggest a name??? :D

Hey Guys,

I bowl right arm wrist off-spin, and have recently developed a ball that gets alot of back-spin and generally 'sticks to the pitch'.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me think of a name to call it, all suggestions appreciated :D

Note: Doosra and Teesra have already been claimed, but names similar to those types would be great!

Re: Suggest a name??? :D

SpinWizard99;389272 said:
Hey Guys,

I bowl right arm wrist off-spin, and have recently developed a ball that gets alot of back-spin and generally 'sticks to the pitch'.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me think of a name to call it, all suggestions appreciated :D

Note: Doosra and Teesra have already been claimed, but names similar to those types would be great!

If it's a wrist spin action it'll be a slider, do you flick it backwards using the wrist and it comes out of the side/back of your hand?

What happened to your Leg Break?

I am actually an off spinner, and I bowl this ball out of the front of my hand.
To visualise it; its like reving a motorbike, my wrist flicks back and the ball comes out the front of my hand.

haha I spose it is a slider, but I'm really just looking for a new name to call this ball!

Cheers :D

SpinWizard99;389282 said:
I am actually an off spinner, and I bowl this ball out of the front of my hand.
To visualise it; its like reving a motorbike, my wrist flicks back and the ball comes out the front of my hand.

haha I spose it is a slider, but I'm really just looking for a new name to call this ball!

Cheers :D

It's forever been called the back spinner to my memory, but there are many different ways to do it.

Back spinner is such a boring name though, so a new name is in order, I agree!

One way would be is to find out who was the first international bowler that started using such a ball, but that would be way back.

The Doosra, Teesra and Carrom ball are all either named after their creator or named as what they do in the language of their creator. Doosra I think means pretty much 'the wrong one' in Hindu, to my memory anyway.

If you think you have developed this ball yourself then go with these general rules.

Maybe a 'ducker' or something like that.

I believe Doosra means the 'other' one or 'second' one and Teesra means the 'third' one... How about the Quatro :D

I would probably call it 'the resultant ball that comes out everytime I muck something up'. :p

Howabout the 'Magga' — The Noble Truth of the Path leading to the Cessation of Suffering,

It's one of the four noble truths and the suffering is ceased as the batsman has gotten out, thus ending his torred time at the crease.

Back