Super 8 - Australia - Ireland

Re: Super 8 - Australia - Ireland

Ireland are 2 for 3, Tait is on a hattrick.... They may break Canada's record for futility here! :O

Wilbix;153273 said:
Ireland are 2 for 3, Tait is on a hattrick.... They may break Canada's record for futility here! :O
They sure are trying hard, after 17: 59/7, Tait and McGrath each with 3 wickets

Well, that was possibly the worst performance yet. Australia may very well win this by 9 wickets. 8 if they decide to goof off bit.

I've been watching the game on TV. All I can say is that Ireland are severely out of their depth here.

McGrath bowled superbly as did Hogg and Clark.

Tait bowled crap and was lucky to get three wickets in my opinion, also rather average in the field with the exception of that run-out. To go for over six an over against a team like Ireland is rather poor.

Anyway, Mooney top scored for the Irish with 23 with Trent Johnston, the Ireland captain, next best with 17.

McGrath took 3/17, Tait 3/39 and Hogg, Symonds and Clark all got one wicket each.

Australia, in reply are 0/18 in the 3rd over.

Diamond Joe Quimby said:
Well, that was possibly the worst performance yet. Australia may very well win this by 9 wickets. 8 if they decide to goof off bit.

Mate, they should win by 10 wickets.

Gilchrist bowled by Johnston for 34.

Australia are 1/63 in the 9th over.

Andrew Symonds comes to the crease and is off the mark straight away.

And that's it!! Hussey hits Rankin for six over midwicket to win the game for Australia.

They did it too easily in the end, crushing Ireland by nine wickets and managing to fit in the win before the luncheon break.

Hussey finishes not out on 30 with Symonds also unbeaten on 15.

So, a very easy win to the Aussies, cleaning up the Irish quickly and knocking off the runs in only 12.2 overs with a staggering 226 balls to spare. A good performance all round but they will be looking forward to their upcoming games against New Zealand and Sri Lanka who look to be the teams that will challenge the Aussies for the World Cup.

Man of the Match was Glenn McGrath (I'm taking a punt - he should get it anyway).

Lets just sum up what happened to Ireland. Straight and to the point, when they were batting they were impotent, so they made up for it by not bowling.

Ljp86;153316 said:
Man of the Match was TBA.

Gotta love that TBA guy. He's just a monster. I remember an earlier game where he was also named MOTM. He's also an actor, once I saw a play and they would have an understudy, and they said it was TBA who would take his place. I think he is related to that guy, "Player to be named later" who is always getting traded. That guy plays multiple sports in the States, some of them at the same time when seasons overlap!!!

Diamond Joe Quimby;153318 said:
Gotta love that TBA guy. He's just a monster. I remember an earlier game where he was also named MOTM. He's also an actor, once I saw a play and they would have an understudy, and they said it was TBA who would take his place. I think he is related to that guy, "Player to be named later" who is always getting traded. That guy plays multiple sports in the States, some of them at the same time when seasons overlap!!!

I know, TBA is probably one of the best players in the world. It's funny but he is always the guy they name first for the MOTM award but then they change their mind and name another player later on. I think it's a joke, TBA is an absolute gun player, I can't believe he never wins the best player award. They always change their mind!! Let him win at least once!!

Well that was a drubbing!

I was really hoping that Australia would end up one run short at lunch, just for laughs. In any case, that's what happens when a top team plays to their potential.

Gotta love the way how Pidge bowled against the Irish today.
He did get man of the match for his bowling. He got 3/17. That is awesome.

Ljp86;153316 said:
And that's it!! Hussey hits Rankin for six over midwicket to win the game for Australia.

They did it too easily in the end, crushing Ireland by nine wickets and managing to fit in the win before the luncheon break.

Hussey finishes not out on 30 with Symonds also unbeaten on 15.

So, a very easy win to the Aussies, cleaning up the Irish quickly and knocking off the runs in only 12.2 overs with a staggering 226 balls to spare. A good performance all round but they will be looking forward to their upcoming games against New Zealand and Sri Lanka who look to be the teams that will challenge the Aussies for the World Cup.

Man of the Match was Glenn McGrath (I'm taking a punt - he should get it anyway).
Yep spot on

It's funny you should mention TBA being a great player.

TBA has also hosted the most sporting events in the world.

Back