Tait giving the 'bird' to McCullum after bowling out Ingham

Tait giving the 'bird' to McCullum after bowling out Ingham

Did anyone see Tait after he got the first wicket in the 2nd T20.

He seemed to turn around to face McCullum (who was at the non-striker's end) and put his hand to his ear, and then appeared to give McCullum the 'bird'?

Or was he signalling to the crowd.

Either way, someone should tell Tait to pull his head in. I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about more to be honest, disgraceful behaviour. It makes Tait look like a boofhead, and considering his history, he probably doesn't need to act like this.

114811.jpg

Re: Tait giving the 'bird' to McCullum after bowling out Ingham

My angle is that Shaun Tait is often regarded as soft, not by me, but by other people.

Giving the bird will make him think that is soft and a boofhead as well.

Imagine what would have happened had Shane Watson had done that?

There would have been a riot.

I love winning just as much as other people, and I'm all for pushing the rules to the boundary, but giving the bird to a guy that has just belted you for 2 four's tempts fate a bit.

In the end Tait got belted by McCullum and had a shocking superover.

Why would you want to give the bird to a guy?

Dusk_oner;390357 said:
Bahahahaha whats happened to the gentlemans game....

Nothing. W.G Grace himself did much, much worse than that.

Who gives a stuff what W.G Grace did, Tait looked like more of a tool than Shane Watson yet there is hardly any publicity?

Double standards?

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;390365 said:
Who gives a stuff what W.G Grace did, Tait looked like more of a tool than Shane Watson yet there is hardly any publicity?

Double standards?

That's a stretch. It doesn't look good but you are departing from reality if you think he looks more of a fool than Watson.

It was entertaining to see Tait give the bird to McCullum and then see McCullum reverse sweep Tait for 6 later in the innings as much as i dislike McCullum. Think the Aussies should have picked someone else for the super over though!

Is it possible you misinterpreted? Surely this would be all over the media if he'd been caught on camera. I haven't seen a single mention of it, even in match reports that focus on Tait choking his last over.

Yeah he def gave McCullum the bird after he took the first wicket. McCullum must have been giving him lip, Tait bowled a slower ball that missed the top of the stumps then followed up with the wicket delivery. When he got the wicket he turned around and gave MCullum a bit of lip and stuck his finger up. Umpires went straight to Clarke after the incident

hit46;390446 said:
Yeah he def gave McCullum the bird after he took the first wicket. McCullum must have been giving him lip, Tait bowled a slower ball that missed the top of the stumps then followed up with the wicket delivery. When he got the wicket he turned around and gave MCullum a bit of lip and stuck his finger up. Umpires went straight to Clarke after the incident

I don't think it bothered McCullum much, his paddle sweeps were amazing!

Caesar;390429 said:
Is it possible you misinterpreted? Surely this would be all over the media if he'd been caught on camera. I haven't seen a single mention of it, even in match reports that focus on Tait choking his last over.

Of course it is possible I misinterpreted - but I don't think I did.

We all know what has happened when AFL players have been caught on camera giving the bird/two fingers to opposition supporters: they have been fined large amounts of money.

A similar thing happened in the English Premier League a few weeks ago I recall: an player on the bench gave the bird to a player on the field. I think the player in question was suspended.

To be honest, the quality of the match and the rarity of a superover over-shadowed Tait's behaviour. But let's be honest, if Shane Watson had done the bird there would be uproar.

Yeah definitely sucks if he gets away with it, most athletes (not just Watson) would get hauled over the coals.

Just imagine if it was Watson, the stadium would have rioted.

For some reason Watson really stirs the masses up.

That's the fourth time you've mentioned Shane Watson in this thread FYI. Bit of a man crush?

Yeah maybe I do have a man-crush. And why wouldn't I.

A fantastic physical specimen, he averages 50+ with the bat since his return during the Ashes and just for good measure, he averages under 28 with the ball since his return also.

a for effort;390601 said:
That's the fourth time you've mentioned Shane Watson in this thread FYI. Bit of a man crush?
It was obvious from the start this was only started because he gets upset when everyone realises what a ****er Shane Watson is and has to point out every little flaw every other player makes

Of course ignoring the main difference is Watson has a history of doing dumb things, ever since he first came into the team disrespecting far greater talented players who had actually done something and he hasnt stopped, atleast Lee eventually grew up

I know Watson is soooooooooo dreamy but if we could stay on topic that would be awesome.

kthnxbai.

eddiesmith;390681 said:
It was obvious from the start this was only started because he gets upset when everyone realises what a ****er Shane Watson is and has to point out every little flaw every other player makes

Of course ignoring the main difference is Watson has a history of doing dumb things, ever since he first came into the team disrespecting far greater talented players who had actually done something and he hasnt stopped, atleast Lee eventually grew up

No not at all, I saw what Tait did live and at first thought that he was being given heaps by the crowd as he was running into bowl and thought that maybe he was gving them a bit back.

But then it is clear he had given the signal to McCullum.

I thought it was a boofhead thing to do.

I just pointed out the distinct double standards.

I actually regard giving the bird to an opponent quite a serious act in terms of bad sportsmanship.

Just as I regarded Watson's send off to Gayle as a poor act of sportsmanship.

There was uproar over one and near silence over the next.

Back